Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you happy with the arena and it's voters/ratings?

No 0.48214285714286 48.2% [ 27 ]
Yes 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 4 ]
I'm okay with it but it could be better 0.44642857142857 44.6% [ 25 ]
Total Votes:[ 56 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Sparkly Strawberry

Pfefferminze
I'm done with the Arena.
And also pretty much with this community.

I've felt like that a lot this past year emotion_facepalm
It makes me alil sad but..I've just lost a lot of faith in people from Gaia
Make the masses your friends, tell them to vote, and enjoy placing in the top 10 no matter what the avatar really looks like.

The arena in its current state is a ******** joke, but Lanzer has recently proposed some ideas that would change things for the better. But for now, I wouldn't waste the gold to enter.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Having seen the childishness of the cosplay entrants this week I think I'm going to start being a critic for them, there's one this week that's deleted my comment for pointing out the shoulders are the wrong colour ...

I almost think that Gaia should check every entry before it's entered in to the cosplay arena, so many people just plain get it wrong.

Sparkly Strawberry

Pilotslover
Having seen the childishness of the cosplay entrants this week I think I'm going to start being a critic for them, there's one this week that's deleted my comment for pointing out the shoulders are the wrong colour ...

I almost think that Gaia should check every entry before it's entered in to the cosplay arena, so many people just plain get it wrong.

You have no idea how much I agree.
I gave good, nice compliments and a suggestion on what I think would look nice and 4 people deleted each comment I gave to them. I honestly liked their avi but thought it could be better for next week!

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Uleaux
Pilotslover

I gave good, nice compliments and a suggestion on what I think would look nice and 4 people deleted each comment I gave to them. I honestly liked their avi but thought it could be better for next week!

What's annoying is that I gave it a part way decent score, if I'd known they were going to be such a child I'd have knocked a point off (I gave them a 3, backwards cosplays annoy me unless they're perfect and the shoulder issue made it look wrong)!

There's a couple this week who frankly shouldn't be there at all.

Sparkly Strawberry

Pilotslover
Uleaux
Pilotslover

What's annoying is that I gave it a part way decent score, if I'd known they were going to be such a child I'd have knocked a point off (I gave them a 3, backwards cosplays annoy me unless they're perfect and the shoulder issue made it look wrong)!

There's a couple this week who frankly shouldn't be there at all.

I feel the same way. If you can't take criticism or compliments and suggestions, don't enter at all! I gave most of them 3's and 2's too, and I feel like I shouldn't have.

My rating system is almost perfect, to me anyways.
1 star for avi's like "dis my avi", "just me" or one without a title or story.
2 stars for an avi with a story but it's still not good but they..almost tried.
3 stars for one that I actually kind of like, with a story and title.
4 stars for a downright GOOD avatar with everything but it didn't make me go "OH MY GODS"
5 stars for a stunning and original, beautiful avatar.

I feel like it's fair but most people don't seem to agree when they get 1'd or 2'd

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Uleaux

I feel the same way. If you can't take criticism or compliments and suggestions, don't enter at all! I gave most of them 3's and 2's too, and I feel like I shouldn't have.

My rating system is almost perfect, to me anyways.
1 star for avi's like "dis my avi", "just me" or one without a title or story.
2 stars for an avi with a story but it's still not good but they..almost tried.
3 stars for one that I actually kind of like, with a story and title.
4 stars for a downright GOOD avatar with everything but it didn't make me go "OH MY GODS"
5 stars for a stunning and original, beautiful avatar.

I feel like it's fair but most people don't seem to agree when they get 1'd or 2'd

Yup, if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen, it's a contest after all and people will be critical.

I vote much the same way though people with a bad attitude tend to get a 1 right off the bat.
Well, you shouldn't take it too personal. There will always be guys who will dislike it and that shouldn't discourage you. Also, you can always go to rate your avatar forums and see how's the situation there doing if you're not satisfied with arena biggrin

Hallowed Conventioneer

When I first started doing Arena's, I thought I had nice avatars and people always gave them nice critiques and comments. So I assumed it would rank in the top 10.

Nope B/ I got downvoted to hell without a chance of coming back.

Sparkly Strawberry

MalevoIents
When I first started doing Arena's, I thought I had nice avatars and people always gave them nice critiques and comments. So I assumed it would rank in the top 10.

Nope B/ I got downvoted to hell without a chance of coming back.

I just wish people would rated honestly instead of 1-staring everyone to get their's higher.
Sorry you had such a bad time with the arena >:

Hallowed Conventioneer

Uleaux

I've placed twice to say the least x3
So it's progressively getting better xD

I recall hearing that the 1 star and downvoters were made so they didn't terrorize an entry.

But on a second note, your entry this week is nice :3
hope you place!

Sparkly Strawberry

MalevoIents
Uleaux

I've placed twice to say the least x3
So it's progressively getting better xD

I recall hearing that the 1 star and downvoters were made so they didn't terrorize an entry.

But on a second note, your entry this week is nice :3
hope you place!

Thank you very much! ^_^

I loved your Chesire avi last week!
Did you enter this week or will you next week?

Hallowed Conventioneer

Uleaux

Thanks ^-^;;
I'm so glad that so many of my group placed ^-^
all but 1 ;-;

But anyway.
I did not enter this week.
I /may/ do a cosplay next week.
But at the moment, I'm working on the Gashamon League entry thing so idk if i'll have any gold left over xD

BUT I DO WANNA DO A COSPLAY burning_eyes

Sparkly Strawberry

MalevoIents
Uleaux

Thanks ^-^;;
I'm so glad that so many of my group placed ^-^
all but 1 ;-;

But anyway.
I did not enter this week.
I /may/ do a cosplay next week.
But at the moment, I'm working on the Gashamon League entry thing so idk if i'll have any gold left over xD

BUT I DO WANNA DO A COSPLAY burning_eyes

I'm in the Gashamon League tooooo! biggrin
Elite Four #3!

I've always wanted to do a cosplay avatar, I just...Don't know who to cosplay

Hallowed Conventioneer

Uleaux

I KNOW RIGHT!
I want to do something unique.
In the past, I did a character from hell boy, Sweeney Todd and a homestuck troll.
I've seen too many homestuck characters to want to do one of those >.>
I was thinking Azazel from Xmen first Class {because i'm not quite a fan of his comic book appearance, it be so hard to make a cosplay of on gaia xD}

So many decisions B/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces