Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

With rumors of the apocalypse reaching a fever pitch, I’ve reached out to some of Gaia’s most prominent movers, shakers and deranged elk for their perspectives on what might be happening.

Gaia 9 Action News would love to hear from you-- feel free to post here and let us know what you think of the world’s possibly imminent destruction!
Oh, man. The world is supposed to end on the 21st? I guess some old dudes back in the ancient times figured it out, cause they knew how the universe all worked and stuff. Kind of a bummer, but I guess I achieved all my goals: I did my own business thing, I got heck of swole, and I ogled tons of hotties. So I guess I'll just chill on the beach with a case of Gambinobock and wait for the stars to go out. Any ladies wanna join me?
I'm not quite sure I believe all this talk of the world ending. In fact, I think young hooligans are just using it as an excuse to get drunk and cause trouble. If one of those Kuro Gang roughnecks tries to cause a hurly-burly in my shop, you'd better believe I'll swat him with an umbrella until he thinks the world really IS ending!
Somehow I thought the end of the world would be a lot more glamorous. Where are all the stars blowing up? So far, it's just like kind of a gloomy day. Maybe it'll just get gloomier and gloomier and everyone will get sadder and sadder until we all just give up and lay down and waste away... wow, High School Goth Moira would have LOVED that!
Whatever. I've seen the world almost end tons of times. I don't believe it anymore. And if it does end, Rufus and I are gonna go out dancing and smiling. The little fella has always wanted to try beer, but I keep telling him it's not good for cats. But if meteors start falling, maybe I'll let him have one sip...
(Carl looks skyward, as if awaiting some great cataclysm. He utters a bugle of resignation, and then spends about forty-five minutes turning in lazy circles, trying to chew on his own butt.)
So, like, the world is ending? So what happens after that? Do we get a new one, or, like... do we die or something? Or are we all just floating around in space and stuff, without the world? What happens to all our stuff? Like, do I need to fill out any forms or anything first? This is way too complicated. I think I'm going to ignore it and wait for it to sort itself out, like I've been doing with my taxes for the last... always.
I don't believe in ancient prophecies. I believe in cold, hard facts. The end of the world is just a silly superstition. I actually used to be in an apocalyptic doomsday cult-- long story, but about ten years ago almost all tax professionals were members of the God Star Hand Collective after our union merged with them-- and I would always tell the Head God Star Hand, "Listen, Apocalypse Pat, you can't just go around saying the world is ending without any evidence." He eventually kicked me out of the cult, and I haven't heard from any of those guys in a long time. Maybe they ascended to the stars, like they always planned.
Get real. This stuff is soooooo stupid. I mean, just because the sky is getting dark and all this weird occult stuff is happening doesn't really mean anything, right? Right? Probably not, right? I mean... right? Dang it, now I’ve got myself all scared.
As superior celestial beings, we certainly know whether or not the world will end tomorrow. But we will not tell you, because humanity does not deserve to know. Humanity does not believe the words of experts on matters of science-- they believe only quasi-educational television shows where puffy-haired men speak of whackadoodle alien pyramid nonsense.

Quotable Sophomore

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
I vote naigh ninja

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
─=≡Σ((( つo3o)つ

Quotable Sophomore

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
eek The world of gaia shall continue

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
─=≡Σ((( つo3o)つ

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
[NPC] Mintaka & Rigel
As superior celestial beings, we certainly know whether or not the world will end tomorrow. But we will not tell you, because humanity does not deserve to know. Humanity does not believe the words of experts on matters of science-- they believe only quasi-educational television shows where puffy-haired men speak of whackadoodle alien pyramid nonsense.

I dunno, Rigel, you could pass for a puffy-haired guy. Besides, science says says the world won't end for ages, but who knows if this new stuff factors into the equation.

Anyway, there's one thing you need to understand about humans- we don't give up easily.
There's an old saying, "it's better to light a candle than curse the darkness." One of the admins said the universe will listen- the light of love in our hearts can give birth to stars. Of course, those who choose hatred may follow the darkness. I bet you don't really have a clue what's going to happen. How could you? We're the wild card in this universe,: People. Gaia is a world of dreams, where miracles can happen.
Let's light the sky, people!!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces