Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Regular

7,300 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
What was a disappointing ending to an anime/manga (in your opinion) and what was disappointing about it? How would you fix it if you could make your own ending?

I didn't like the ending of Samurai Champloo. I wanted them to keep traveling together, seeing that they are the only friends that they have and they belong together.

I didn't like the fact that Kamina died in Gurren Lagann at all. That ruined it for me, but it was something that pressed the story forward. It still made me really sad. I would have kept him alive, but just severely wounded and unable to fight for a while. Also Nia.

I also didn't like the original Fullmetal Alchemist ending. The movie didn't make it much better.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
The ending to SAO was terrible, but there's really no way to fix it since the entire anime was just a rip-off.
MIRAI NIKKI.

lol. the manga that is.

RoodyToody's King

Greedy Seraph

7,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Timid 100
  • Cart Raider 100
The ending to WitchBlade ruined me. Also the Chibi Vampire manga ending was actually kind of sad???? I didn't care for it, I wanted this feelgood series to end well.

Fuzzy Friend

Ouran High School Host Club was pretty disappointing in my opinion.
I really wish the series would run longer... the plot got kind of weak near the ending episodes.
Plus the extra bits (Haruhi in Wonderland) weren't interesting to me.

Questionable Inquisitor

8,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Bood+. Just... ARGH! Really? I absolutely loved the entire series. I loved the concept and the art and it was all absoposautely amazing but, the ending was so unsatisfying. It was just one of those shows you need to keep going with for a long time.

Dapper Loiterer

â—˜ â—˜ â—˜

Galilei Donna could have really used a few more episodes. It felt like they
decided to resolved everything in the last episode, which was a huge mistake
imo. It was incredibly rushed and didn't feel complete in the slightest. Plus all of
their family matters just seemed to disappear randomly?? They had very little development.

Also, the very ending of Jormungand. I love the show, and I kind of understand why they
ended it how they did... but I really did hate it. They had the huge buildup centered around
Koko's plans, and the exact moment she decides to initiate them, the episode ends.
Just.... what? What? That's it? Even a little epilogue or something could have helped.

â—˜ â—˜ â—˜

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

"I didn't like that kamina died and other characters had to develop! Let's get overly attached to a character who barely develops himself instead of the ones that actually go through changes!"

Good lord do I hate Kamina fans.

Dapper Loiterer

â—˜ â—˜ â—˜
Gwimd
Also the Chibi Vampire manga ending was actually kind of sad???? I didn't care for it, I wanted this feelgood series to end well.

Oh gosh, I remember absolutely hating the ending. The series was so cute and, like
you said, feel-good-y. But the ending was just depressing and completely unnecessary.
I still question why they thought that was a perfectly logical answer to everything.

XI Dark Melody IX
I really wish the series would run longer... the plot got kind of weak near the ending episodes.

Have you read the manga at all? It ran for twice as long, yet still had a more-or-less
similar ending. But the mangaka handled it a lot better, since they did a great job of
actually building up to the ending and not having to randomly bring in some female
character to come and snatch Tamaki away. Plus a lot more sub plots between the
characters are resolved. I kind of agree though, the anime didn't end very satisfactory.

â—˜ â—˜ â—˜

Fuzzy Friend

Kimi Doodles
â—˜ â—˜ â—˜
Gwimd
Also the Chibi Vampire manga ending was actually kind of sad???? I didn't care for it, I wanted this feelgood series to end well.

Oh gosh, I remember absolutely hating the ending. The series was so cute and, like
you said, feel-good-y. But the ending was just depressing and completely unnecessary.
I still question why they thought that was a perfectly logical answer to everything.

XI Dark Melody IX

Have you read the manga at all? It ran for twice as long, yet still had a more-or-less
similar ending. But the mangaka handled it a lot better, since they did a great job of
actually building up to the ending and not having to randomly bring in some female
character to come and snatch Tamaki away. Plus a lot more sub plots between the
characters are resolved. I kind of agree though, the anime didn't end very satisfactory.

â—˜ â—˜ â—˜

I never got the time to read the manga version of it, but I did complete the anime series.
Guess I'll have to find some time to read it. 3nodding Thanks for telling me that, I'll try to look at it differently.

Quotable Genius

I've waited so long for this question and have thought so hard on it.

Soul Eater's Anime. I understand that the manga is much better but the anime has done me so much wrong.

It originally ends with the big bad Asura basically dominating the world with fear and madness, the only person able to stand up to his strength is crippled, and the last characters not knocked out who can stop him are two pretty talented children, but far from gods. It eventually becomes one child that fights off the big bad by, get this, scaring him with their willpower. Her ultimate attack against the big bad was a single punch. I realize his entire schtick was that he was so deathly afraid of everything that it led to his insanity, but come the ******** on. He was only one headshot away from not having anything to fear, nobody is that bad, right?

I don't like how the big bad is just as goofy as the main cast, but even the main cast get over their minor quirks when it matters. The big bad's weakness isn't supposed to be his personality flaw, at least not to the extent that it is in the anime.

Instead I propose a modified "power of friendship" ending.Everything can go like it already does, only it fails and Maka's only barely hanging on to her life. But before she actually dies, she hears a voice, Crona's maybe, telling her not to worry and all that stuff. She asks her friends for their help, their strength, and they channel their power to her, eventually getting other people to do the same. With all the strength of her friends, she gets up and performs her signature attack, but it's so much more powerful and obliterates the bad guy. Cue the inspirational music and hospital-coma wake up scene.

Yes, its a Spirit Bomb ending but I think it would work really well here. Soul Eater stats getting serious around the halfway point and characters are only goofy in their casual hours. I feel something like this could have been executed very well by the writers.

Quotable Genius

So As I Pray
"I didn't like that kamina died and other characters had to develop! Let's get overly attached to a character who barely develops himself instead of the ones that actually go through changes!"

I hate to side with the hate, but I agree.
If you look closely, Kamina was a d**k. Sure an awesome d**k with crazy charisma, but he didn't give a damn about anyone else really. Not like Simon who actually ended up caring about the people he was fighting with and looking towards the future.

Kamina didn't die for no reason, it was planned and designed to set up for the real main character, which was not Kamina. And it's not like he died like a punk, that episode is easily the high point of the whole series and could have ended there if it wanted to. But it doesn't, there's more story to tell and more awesome to get through.
princess of whales
MIRAI NIKKI.

lol. the manga that is.

Did you read Mirai Nikki Redial or watch the OVA by chance? Ties up all the loose ends for me.

As for the disappointing ending I'd say Valvrave. I really wanted to see some s**t hit the fan once shoko realized he lost a lot of his memories and if Rukino would try to put the moves on him but we'll never know...

Aged Regular

7,300 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Virgil_Ashwood
So As I Pray

I hate to side with the hate, but I agree.
If you look closely, Kamina was a d**k. Sure an awesome d**k with crazy charisma, but he didn't give a damn about anyone else really. Not like Simon who actually ended up caring about the people he was fighting with and looking towards the future.

Kamina didn't die for no reason, it was planned and designed to set up for the real main character, which was not Kamina. And it's not like he died like a punk, that episode is easily the high point of the whole series and could have ended there if it wanted to. But it doesn't, there's more story to tell and more awesome to get through.

He really did care about Simon, though. The whole reason he believed so much in him was because he had this inferiority complex. He used bravado and over-confidence to mask how afraid he was, being just as afraid as everyone else.

He did all this to show Simon how to man up and realize his potential, because Kamina knew that he wasn't the one for the job.

He didn't believe in himself, so he lacked any spiral power, so he believed so strongly in Simon so he could have faith in himself in a backwards way.

The way he presents himself makes him seem like a distant d**k, but he really has the best intentions, though he goes about them in weird ways. Like how he comes back and saves everyone in the end.
Quote:
Plus the extra bits (Haruhi in Wonderland) weren't interesting to me

Agreed. I don't even see why they needed the Haruhi in Wonderland episodes, it wasn't even funny, I just sat there like.......go off already. evil

Vampire Knight the manga had a terrible ending. I was really expecting a final badass showdown between Kaname and Zero and it never happened. Kaname got into the furnace that created all the Vampire Hunting weapons only to reawake hundreds of years later to find Yuki and Zero still at his side. I would have made that fight happen, have Kaname kill Zero (since Yuki made him mortal again) then have Kaname commit "suicide" to teach Yuki the valuable lesson of loneliness that he suffered throughout his life.

Kamui the manga by Shingo Nanami (and I don't know many people who had ever read this) had a terrible ending. It pissed me off so much. I think a better ending would have been if Atsuma killed his brother Utusho then destroyed Okikurumi and its protector with it rather than change its protector's mind with the power of friendship, stayed with the people he met and had a real realtionship with Anzu.

Cowboy Bebop, an overrated anime about nothing in particular, you're telling me Spike can be killed numerous times but still survive somehow but he shoots Vicious one time and he dies? Redo this anime and have Vicious torment Spike for the rest of eternity.

Last Exile, I didn't like that Alex died.

Black Blood Brothers ending, what happens next? Don't just leave it like that. Same with Witch Hunter Robin. There should be continuations. Berserk should be continued too.

Nana the anime just stops mid-story right when the drama was gaining momentum.

Durarara! Not only was part of the plot just plain stupid, the ending was a total let down, oh no! Masaomi is the leader of the Yellow Scarfs and Mikado created the Dollars, but they've been too afraid to tell each other. This little secret wasn't that big of a deal, they could have been admitted that to each other. Masaomi finally visited the girl he liked and they ran away, *sighs*. Celty for as long as she's known Izaya has never once been to his house where her head is. Dammit, go to his house already. The ending was so bland and boring, all these issues could have been solved earlier. It was just terrible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff