Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, so...Shounen-ai hasn't been the correct term since the late 1970's/early 1980's (several threads about it), but suddenly it's not because you used it?

And then you saying there's less yuri than BL is because men work and women can be mangaka is implying that not only do men draw yuri, but that women will only draw BL because more women want to read it. I really don't see the correllation between women mangaka and the lack of shoujo-ai. Shoujo-ai is also a women's genre, just like BL is. In fact, most "shoujo-ai" is published in shoujo publications such as Margaret and Hana to Yume.

I know Ritsuka and Soubi kiss. A lot of people kiss in manga and anime, but that doesn't make them a couple. That doesn't mean they want to start a romantic relationship. It means they've kissed. In Nana, Nana kisses Nana, but that doesn't make them in a relationship. In several BL comics, one boy kisses another, without any intention of being in a relationship with them. It happens in Shoujo and Shounen all the time, too.
Sailor Moon's Original Version had a Lesbian Couple..other than that I can't think of many, but then I don't really know much Yuri or Yaoi..

[Masquerade]:well you could put into account the fact that Girls CAN be Gay in real life too yanno.

Iolanthe Aisling:how is Shounen-Ai not the Correct term? from what i understand its Japanese for "Boy Love."
NekoTalim
Sailor Moon's Original Version had a Lesbian Couple..other than that I can't think of many, but then I don't really know much Yuri or Yaoi..

[Masquerade]:well you could put into account the fact that Girls CAN be Gay in real life too yanno.

Iolanthe Aisling:how is Shounen-Ai not the Correct term? from what i understand its Japanese for "Boy Love."

I never said they couldn't.. I just said generally, (meaning heterosexual women) they will prefer shounen-ai, oh I'm sorry, Aisling, BL. But you're right, I wasn't totally clear on that, NekoTalim, sorry.
NekoTalim

If you go literally, "shounen-ai" means young boy love. A shounen is a young boy. The term for boy is actually "otoko." If you called someone over 15 a "shounen," chances are you would offend them.

aestheticism.com
Shounen-ai is an obsolete term. Shounen-ai refers to stories about strong relationships between pubescent or pre-pubescent boys. The stories featured angsty, poetic, platonic or romantic relationships. It is used only to point to shoujo manga written in the 70's and early 80's by authors such as Hagio Moto, Takemiya Keiko, etc. (Titles such as Gymnasium in November, Heart of Thomas, and Song of Wind and Trees.) Shounen-ai is no longer written, ceased to exist as a sub-category of shoujo long ago, and this term has long since fallen into disuse. Later stories with male/male sexual relationships are termed yaoi, tanbi, june, or boys' love.

Shounen-ai is not the same term as boys' love.

The current common usage of shounen-ai is to refer to adults who like young boys (i.e. *****]
I hope that explains it for you. 3nodding
id like to see any kind of yuri with or without sex
Iolanthe Aisling
Malakym777
I so forgot about Steel Angel Kurumi 2, that was a great shojo-ai.

I know Aising has something to b***h about this one <.<.

And Tomoyo is a freaking in love with Sakura, unless its normal in Japan to vedio tape only one person becuase only she is cute enough to.

She's a rabib fangirl!

She's not, though. She's not in love with Sakura. She's only 10 for crying out loud. She thinks Sakura is adorable, and she likes to tape her because she idolizes her, but she is not in love with her. She doesn't want to throw Sakura down and have sex with her, nor does she want to be in a romantic relationship with her.

Why is that really so hard to understand?

Like i just said she's a fan girl. and I never said which love I was talking about now was I.

I would really like to see a list of all the stuff you claim to have read/seem mind PMing me?
Iolanthe Aisling

I know Ritsuka and Soubi kiss. A lot of people kiss in manga and anime, but that doesn't make them a couple. That doesn't mean they want to start a romantic relationship. It means they've kissed. In Nana, Nana kisses Nana, but that doesn't make them in a relationship. In several BL comics, one boy kisses another, without any intention of being in a relationship with them. It happens in Shoujo and Shounen all the time, too.

Sure what ever helps you sleep at night, usaly a kiss in most cultures means a romantic relationship if its on the lips (on the check its usully a sign of hello, like most Eurpoein nations) while a kiss on the hand is one of repecie (to a king or the Pope) then there is the "kiss of Death" which fist came in the Roman times.

But in modean culture a kiss is also always used to express affection.

thus if a boy (16) would to kiss another boy of the same age, thus it means that boy must like him.
Malakym777
Sure what ever helps you sleep at night, usaly a kiss in most cultures means a romantic relationship if its on the lips (on the check its usully a sign of hello, like most Eurpoein nations) while a kiss on the hand is one of repecie (to a king or the Pope) then there is the "kiss of Death" which fist came in the Roman times.

thus if a boy (16) would to kiss another boy of the same age, thus it means that boy must like him.

I shall explain my previous example: Nana kisses Nana, both are girls, on the lips. Both have boyfriends. They are not in a relationship. They do not love each other. They are close friends, nothing more.

I kiss my cousins and my family members, but I do not like them romantically. I kiss my friends, but I am not in love with them.

Kisses do not denote sexual or romantic relationships.
Malakym777
Iolanthe Aisling
Malakym777
I so forgot about Steel Angel Kurumi 2, that was a great shojo-ai.

I know Aising has something to b***h about this one <.<.

And Tomoyo is a freaking in love with Sakura, unless its normal in Japan to vedio tape only one person becuase only she is cute enough to.

She's a rabib fangirl!

She's not, though. She's not in love with Sakura. She's only 10 for crying out loud. She thinks Sakura is adorable, and she likes to tape her because she idolizes her, but she is not in love with her. She doesn't want to throw Sakura down and have sex with her, nor does she want to be in a romantic relationship with her.

Why is that really so hard to understand?

Like i just said she's a fan girl. and I never said which love I was talking about now was I.

I would really like to see a list of all the stuff you claim to have read/seem mind PMing me?

Yes you did. You said "in love with Sakura." It's right there. You didn't say she loved her, you said she was "in love" with her.

And yeah, I would mind pming you because I've seen so many things in the past 15-20 years that it would be impossible to list them all.
Iolanthe Aisling
Malakym777

I shall explain my previous example: Nana kisses Nana, both are girls, on the lips. Both have boyfriends. They are not in a relationship. They do not love each other. They are close friends, nothing more.

I kiss my cousins and my family members, but I do not like them romantically. I kiss my friends, but I am not in love with them.

Kisses do not denote sexual or romantic relationships.

So? i kiss my grampa and anut and other members too, one the check,,

would you mind telling me what Nanas are you talking about.

and I said Kissing is a sign of affection.

Like in the times of Jesus is was a sign of affection to for male friends to kiss each other on a lips. Normaly they are in a form of ralationship.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff