Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Exselser
heavens_reject01
I guess so...-sighs- that the problem. Straight men dont need or want love. Two girls means sex to them...what a sad world.

Oh no! I am a straight white male! I am the bane of all existence! crying

Umm... no. I like romance so much I questioned my sexuality at one point...
A friend of mine questioned his sexuality after he watched yaoi so he is at the point where he is somewhat gay.
heavens_reject01
if you take a good look around, you see plenty of fine Yaoi/Shounen-ai Mangas and Animes. Gravitation, Eerie Queerie, Fake, Untill the Full Moon and so on. But I have yet to see a Yuri that isnt just sex, or to see a Shoujo-ai at all! No love, drama, angst, backround, stories, anything. Just sex. does anyone know of any? I want the stories cause the sex does nothing for me.

i just havent seen any yuri
vamqueen
Exselser
heavens_reject01
I guess so...-sighs- that the problem. Straight men dont need or want love. Two girls means sex to them...what a sad world.

Oh no! I am a straight white male! I am the bane of all existence! crying

Umm... no. I like romance so much I questioned my sexuality at one point...
A friend of mine questioned his sexuality after he watched yaoi so he is at the point where he is somewhat gay.

Well in all honesty, it was Yaoi helped me along the path to comming out of the closet myself.
heavens_reject01
Well in all honesty, it was Yaoi helped me along the path to comming out of the closet myself.

I am gay and I don't really get the whole coming out of a closet thing. I have never been told by someone, "You know... I'm straight." or seen a Straight Pride Parade.

Sexuality is fluid, you don't need to go in a closet or come out, just live it, and if someone asks answer, but don't just bring it up out of no where.

And honestly, I think more people have gay shame, then gay pride
Exselser
Aren't quite a few of those just implied? Pretty Cure has tons of little hints...

"If you weren't here with me I'd fall to pieces..."

But 34 episodes later Nagisa still hasn't shut up about Fujipi. confused Not to say there couldn't be even stronger evidence later but (sadly) I doubt it...

Of those on the list how many have fully developed relationships? The only ones I've heard much about are Maria-sama ga Miteru and RG Utena. Not trying to sound harsh, I just really don't know about a lot of them. sweatdrop

ok the following pairs that are cannon or at least mosty liking I hadn't seem them all any way

Revolutionary Girl Utena (great one)
Noir (female mafia boss kisses
Madlax
Salor Moom (cannon, you know the ones I'm taking about)
Azumanga Daioh (Kaorin is in love with Sakaki, Yukari Tanizaki and Minamo Kurosawa act like a old maried couple)
Bleach (Soi Fong x Yoruichi Shihōin are hinted, we'll see if they are or not, Chizuru Honshō is an open lesbian and flits with a few girls {very prevertly I might add})
Cardcaptor Sakura
Read or Die
Maria-sama ga Miteru (cannon too many to count)
Pretty Cure
Mai-HiME: clear hinted its clear that a few lez are there
Oniisama e (cannon needs to read it more)
Kannazuki no Miko (cannon Kurusugawa Himeko/Himemiya Chikane)
Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito (cannon)
Loveless (it has one in it)
i will pay to see the day i find a shoujo-ai manga.
there is TO much shonen ai and not enough shojo ai. crying
i want to see more
Pisces_Knight
i will pay to see the day i find a shoujo-ai manga.
there is TO much shonen ai and not enough shojo ai. crying
i want to see more

go to borders and buy Revolutionary Girl Utena

or to this place http://lililicious.cjb.net/
Hmmm... Kannazuki no Miko. heart Pure Shoujo ai.
thank you.
DEFINATELY; I've been looking for a shoujou-ai manga for the longest time and I've still yet to find one. crying
Read or watch Loveless...

It has Shounen Ai and Shojo ai. Watch the anime, it gets to the Shojo ai sooner.
This is Your Story
DEFINATELY; I've been looking for a shoujou-ai manga for the longest time and I've still yet to find one. crying

good to the site I just posted it even has some animes
Sparks243
A lot of Yaoi is drawn by all women teams, and since women (generally) care more about the relationship than sex, that carries over to the manga/anime.

Yuri is more often drawn by men, who (also generally) are more interested in the physical part of things.

Actually, Yuri is more often drawn by women. There's a lot of Yuri that's published in Japan that is not drawn by men. The "yuri" most people think of is the sex crap in hentai. True yuri focuses a LOT on the relationship, and not on the sex.

Also, the reason there aren't much womenxwomen manga is because Lesbianism is more taboo in Japan than male homosexuality is in the US. A sexual relationship between women in a highly partiarchal society such as Japan is seen as a betrayal and almost the ultimate offense.

Also in those anime listed: Utena and Sailormoon do not have canon shoujo-ai pairings. Utena's actually straight, and the Haruka/Michiru relationship is never actually stated as a sexual one, just as best friends.

300 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
You don't say . . .
Iolanthe Aisling
Sparks243
A lot of Yaoi is drawn by all women teams, and since women (generally) care more about the relationship than sex, that carries over to the manga/anime.

Yuri is more often drawn by men, who (also generally) are more interested in the physical part of things.

Actually, Yuri is more often drawn by women. There's a lot of Yuri that's published in Japan that is not drawn by men. The "yuri" most people think of is the sex crap in hentai. True yuri focuses a LOT on the relationship, and not on the sex.

Also, the reason there aren't much womenxwomen manga is because Lesbianism is more taboo in Japan than male homosexuality is in the US. A sexual relationship between women in a highly partiarchal society such as Japan is seen as a betrayal and almost the ultimate offense.

Also in those anime listed: Utena and Sailormoon do not have canon shoujo-ai pairings. Utena's actually straight, and the Haruka/Michiru relationship is never actually stated as a sexual one, just as best friends.
But don't they have a lesbian relationship in the movie?

PS- Steel Angel Kurumi has female x female in it. Not exactly pairings, but there are women who want to be in a sexual or romantic relationship with other women.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff