2.Dead Parents
3.Dead Parent REVENGE
4.Sibling Complexes
5.Accidental breast groping
6.Main ends up with least expected character
7.School Roofs
8.Useless Adults
9.Copious amounts of fanservice
10. Let's get married even though we're only seventeen!!!!

emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart emotion_bigheart

Miu lruma's Waifu

Unstoppable Man-Lover

13,175 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Nerd 50
1. all of the mcs have colorful hair while all the background characters have perfectly normal hair
2. OH WHOOPS I FELL ON A GIRL
3. OH WHOOPS I FELL ON A GIRL AND MY HAND IS TOUCHING HER BOOB
4. anime characters running in ops. where are you going,
5. i am the main character and everyone loves me
6. oh wow look boobs WHOOPS NOSEBLEED
7. YOU KILLED MY FATHER PREPARE TO DIE
8. dead parents (ties in with 7 i guess)

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Misunderstandings. I freaking hate them. Especially when they come up because the people that should be explaining themselves either don't or no one wants to listen to them.

"Oh no! You slipped on some jackass breaking your kneecaps and you landed right in my chest! TIME TO KNOCK YOU INTO ORBIT!"

"Oh no! You're hanging out with that girl that hates my guts and wants nothing more than to ruin my life! I HATE YOU FOREVER AND I'M GOING TO DATE YOUR BEST FRIEND NOW!"

"Oh no! You walked into the bathroom while I was taking a shower! I'M KICKING YOU OUT OF THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW!"
"b***h, I KNOCKED ON THE DOOR FIVE TIMES AND YOU SAID NOTHING. AND LOCK THE DOOR NEXT TIME."

It's why I can't stand some shojo anime like Love Hina. Put an occupied sign on the bathroom door, teach the boy how to walk properly, AND SPEAK UP.

Fashionable Friend

12,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Doggone It! 100
Mitsuki Horenake
Misunderstandings. I freaking hate them. Especially when they come up because the people that should be explaining themselves either don't or no one wants to listen to them.

Omg so do I. they don't try to take the time to listen to what you have to say and just brush the person aside but when they somehow get proof they are innocent the person be like

"Oh, so you were telling the truth." or "I am so sorry, you should have said something"

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Nana274
Mitsuki Horenake

Omg so do I. they don't try to take the time to listen to what you have to say and just brush the person aside but when they somehow get proof they are innocent the person be like

"Oh, so you were telling the truth." or "I am so sorry, you should have said something"

Don't get me started on people who say lines like that. I have watched way too many shows where the lines " you should have said something~" is linked to me going "HE ******** DID".

It's stuff like this that make me want to avoid Korean Dramas. You think this is bad in anime? It's worse there...

Friend

I think the thing I'm starting to dislike most is the personality spectrum on megane types.
they're either too quiet and like bumbling/clumsy and all "Ah! I knocked this thing over! I'm sorry! -blushes, freaks out, pushes glasses up nose- or they're supposed to be cool and calculating or something like that. OR SMART/STUDIOUS STEREOTYPES ARGHHH GLASSES DON'T HAVE TO MEAN BEING SMART.

i need some glasses wearing main characters that are completely normal but just need to wear glasses. emo

Fashionable Friend

12,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Doggone It! 100
Mitsuki Horenake
Nana274
Mitsuki Horenake

Don't get me started on people who say lines like that. I have watched way too many shows where the lines " you should have said something~" is linked to me going "HE ******** DID".

It's stuff like this that make me want to avoid Korean Dramas. You think this is bad in anime? It's worse there...

Yeah I react the same way. I always go "Well if you were not acting like a major ******* and listen to what he/she has to say instead of getting angry and walking off then you would understand."

An good example for people who misunderstand situations: Akane Tendo from Ranma1/2. She never listens and would just think what she want to whenever Ranma gets hugged by another girl or if a girl is just simply be nice to him.

Noble Hero

Almost any of those Neko pieces of crap. Despise that horrible bile bubbling up from the crevices of stupidity.

Unbeatable Knight

I hate when the military is portrayed as incompetent and unable to do anything ever. Example: Strike Witches. Awesome as the anime way, for a 13 year old girl with a tommy gun to destroy something that the Yamato's guns can't dent is a bit silly.

I also hate the whole magic skirt thing that always covers her pantsu. If a girl is gonna be doing flips and fighting upside down, she should either wear something other than a skirt if she doesn't want the whole world should see her pantsu. For the skirt to magically conceal her no matter what she does is just ridiculous.

Timid Friend

5,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
I think it's weird that when the setting is a school, no one really goes to school.

The class president or whatever basically gets treated like staff.

When girls are overly sensitive and react quickly by abusing the male character, it's not funny at all I just feel sympathy.

How a character can be like 12 years old and have the voice of a grown man.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Nana274
Mitsuki Horenake
Nana274
Mitsuki Horenake

Yeah I react the same way. I always go "Well if you were not acting like a major ******* and listen to what he/she has to say instead of getting angry and walking off then you would understand."

An good example for people who misunderstand situations: Akane Tendo from Ranma1/2. She never listens and would just think what she want to whenever Ranma gets hugged by another girl or if a girl is just simply be nice to him.

Oh, those things are fun. I keep thinking "wait, you don't want to admit that you're in love with this person, but you're going to go ahead and act like the clingy, jealous, near stalkerish girlfriend"? MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
Mary Sues - Anime's and a great deal of japanese writing has a clear obsession with them. While it's obvious to why these characters are so appealing, they more or less get by on their haxed writing and often don't suffer enough character development to properly change.

Biggest offenders to this are, Sasuke Uchiha (get's a pass because he's the primary rival character), Ichigo Kurosaki (he's every single character type under the fricken rainbow), and Kira Yamato from Gundam Seed Destiny (Gundam Seed wasn't as bad, but his plot armor moments contribute greatly to his Ultimate Coordinator BS status and his completely stagnant character development in Destiny).

Plot Armor - Something under the context of their own universe and set rules being completely subverted because of main character, or popular character prologic bullshit. Example, again Gundam SEED Destiny characters Neo Roranoke, and Kira Yamato surving a nuclear holocaust at point blank range.

Left field pairings - Pairings that simply come out of no where to simply subvert away from the more obvious one for the sake of that. Setsuna X Feldt from Gundam 00 is the best example. These two characters don't interact nor develop enough to invest into a solid relationship to establish a pairing. It's like saying Naruto x Ino is a possibility because ******** it less obvious than NaruHina or NaruSaku.

Extremely obvious pairings - Pairings that exist because of how much it is showcased and broadcast through openings, endings, and god knows what else. It's not so much that the more obvious characters are forming a relationship as much as the series overall emphasis on it when more serious events are happening. Pairing obsession overall is one of if not the most annoying cliche for a non pairing heavy based anime. EX again Gundam SEED Destiny, most of it, if not a great deal of key characters are in pairings and the series excessively focus on who's with who rather than other important things like plot and character development.

Main protagonist sitting by classroom windows - It's seriously an extremely overdone cliche.

School rooftop - An equally overdone cliche.

Harem no jutsu logic - series like these obviously exist for hentai fodder and really nothing else since it's really the same rhetoric over and over and over again. If the guy if not falls for the first female character, he'll remain completely oblivious to his other options throughout the majority of the series, it's only investment is the pairings that really are NEVER going to happen.

Dere's - Especially the Tsundere a great deal of these characters vary, but it's an overall repetitive formula and the Tsundere character can obvious create the most unlikeable female characters I've ever seen in fiction.

The civilian mecha pilot trope - Because immediately it follows mary sue logic and honestly it's been excessively done to death and ignores a great deal of logic. Originally given the superior performance of the character's machine, the said civilian pilot quickly and eventually completely surpass all ace pilots in amount short time. Gundam often contributes it to their next level super-human BS, but other mecha overall generally does this trope to death.

Moe style animation - Said put I find very little variance and work into these character designs and I find the overall concept fairly lazy when the concept is overall the same with very little variation.
when the 'tsundere' character is acting absolutely horrible and no one calls them out for it i stg.

Lupine Cub

15,100 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
I hate in typical shoujo mangas where the popular girl tries for the lead, gets rejected, and when the lead shows interest in someone ~Who OBVIOUSLY cannot COMPARE to her~
And then goes out of her way to make their life a living hell.
The excessive bullying in shoujo used to make their backstory even sadder.
Just sad backstories in general, you never heard of people growing up without all that bullshit?
But what's that? It makes the story go on?? So does a lot of things.
Sisterly rivalry. Agetha was one I reeeeeally hated because of it.
Just every single time she gets courage to do something, her sister shuts her down and ******** her life up.
Like for real do sisters act like that?? I sure as hell know they don't because I have three of them.
Moe girls. They're generic and you can find a dime a dozen.
Boobs and more boobs.
Reverse harems and just harems in general.
Honestly the leads in those are so bland it's not funny.
And the people pining for their attention usually fit on big stereotype.
Mean cool / Yet softens from the lead.
Moe type.
Serious type.
Flirty type.
Friend type.
It makes me laugh and gag at the same time.

Dapper Dabbler

14,225 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
When a characters' ENTIRE personality revolves around being hopelessly stupidly in love with someone. It's all they ever talk about, think about, dream about, when they're around their love interest they become pathetically clingy.

See Rin from Toriko as an example.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces