Welcome to Gaia! ::

with the current manga events what are your feelings on Shima?

******** that little s**t 0.11818181818182 11.8% [ 13 ]
dammit Shima! 0.25454545454545 25.5% [ 28 ]
not quite as fond of him as before 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
unchanged/still dislike 0.027272727272727 2.7% [ 3 ]
ucnchanged/still like 0.054545454545455 5.5% [ 6 ]
like him a little more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
seriously liking him more 0.018181818181818 1.8% [ 2 ]
loving him now 0.036363636363636 3.6% [ 4 ]
******** YEAH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT 0.12727272727273 12.7% [ 14 ]
poll whore 0.30909090909091 30.9% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 110 ]

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mugetsu Ookamiza
IEarth KingI Amaimon

That's good, that it's in the top ten.

I don't use DA for my art search. I go to Zerochan. I've run across too many unpleasant things on DA that my desire to browse that site died.
I use multiple sites to look for fanart. there always seem to be some pieces that only make it to one or two sites and sometimes those are pieces worth looking for.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I only use Zerochan. I'm not awesome enough to know how to sign up for Pixiv. Even if I did, I wouldn't be able to move around very far.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
... I finally got to the point on tumblr where I saw enough herpy derp derp "lol I can't tell that Night isn't Yukio, lolyeahtwincest fanart!" posts I had to directly comment directly on one. seriously, I use to see Night/Rin get mistaken for Rin selfcest (which is pretty understandable, especially if you take into account in some of the official manga color artwork of Rin has him with brown eyes before he draws the kurikara the first time) all the time for a while there, and now suddenly it's getting mistaken for being twincest enough I want to headdesk...

that said... I wish I could find some official manga color artwork of Yukio from the timeframe before the kurikara was drawn the first time. if color manga art shows Yukio with red in his pupils and Rin only was shown with red in his pupils after the kurikara was drawn and it's canonical his eyes changed color in the manga it's curious to wonder if Yukio also had brown eyes before the kurikara was drawn in manga canon or if he had teal eyes with red in the pupils the whole time... hmm...

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mugetsu Ookamiza
... I finally got to the point on tumblr where I saw enough herpy derp derp "lol I can't tell that Night isn't Yukio, lolyeahtwincest fanart!" posts I had to directly comment directly on one. seriously, I use to see Night/Rin get mistaken for Rin selfcest (which is pretty understandable, especially if you take into account in some of the official manga color artwork of Rin has him with brown eyes before he draws the kurikara the first time) all the time for a while there, and now suddenly it's getting mistaken for being twincest enough I want to headdesk...

that said... I wish I could find some official manga color artwork of Yukio from the timeframe before the kurikara was drawn the first time. if color manga art shows Yukio with red in his pupils and Rin only was shown with red in his pupils after the kurikara was drawn and it's canonical his eyes changed color in the manga it's curious to wonder if Yukio also had brown eyes before the kurikara was drawn in manga canon or if he had teal eyes with red in the pupils the whole time... hmm...

I like Night/Rin. I feel ashamed to admit it, but I like it a lot.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
IEarth KingI Amaimon
Mugetsu Ookamiza

it's not my favorite fanon pairing, but I do like some of the art for it. I just get REALLY frustrated on how people can mistake Night for Yukio when there's so many clues it's NOT YUKIO. no moles, no glasses, brown eyes, usually has a sword with him, his exorcist jacket doesn't have that pin on the front (as his design has it as a patch on the upper arm of the jacket)...
Mugetsu Ookamiza

I haven't been on Tumblr a lot today, but I did see a bit of that when I was on. Seriously people? They. look. Nothing a like. I mean... come on. I'm so tempted to just make a post on Tumblr about their very obvious, in my opinion at least, and noticeable differences.

On a slightly related note, I never noticed Rin had brown eyes in the color pages of chapter 1. And I've seen it a bunch of times. Welp, shows how observant I am!

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
katsy 0c0
Mugetsu Ookamiza

I haven't been on Tumblr a lot today, but I did see a bit of that when I was on. Seriously people? They. look. Nothing a like. I mean... come on. I'm so tempted to just make a post on Tumblr about their very obvious, in my opinion at least, and noticeable differences.

On a slightly related note, I never noticed Rin had brown eyes in the color pages of chapter 1. And I've seen it a bunch of times. Welp, shows how observant I am!
I've already made one post on tumblr introducing the pilot oneshot (including a section pointing out how similar Night's design is to Rin's and pointing out details to help identify Night) and one that was basically "seriously, peeps? WTbloodyF!?" and I'm almost getting to the point I feel the need to do a "how to tell the difference between Night and Yukio" post myself. heck, the one I commented on not too long ago was even listed as being taken from Zerochan and that one is labeled on Zerochan as being Rin and Night with no mention of Yukio on the entry at all!

and there's a good chance that I noticed that the eye color mostly because I tend to obsessively analyze stuff I get really in to.
Mugetsu Ookamiza
katsy 0c0
Mugetsu Ookamiza

I've already made one post on tumblr introducing the pilot oneshot (including a section pointing out how similar Night's design is to Rin's and pointing out details to help identify Night) and one that was basically "seriously, peeps? WTbloodyF!?" and I'm almost getting to the point I feel the need to do a "how to tell the difference between Night and Yukio" post myself. heck, the one I commented on not too long ago was even listed as being taken from Zerochan and that one is labeled on Zerochan as being Rin and Night with no mention of Yukio on the entry at all!

and there's a good chance that I noticed that the eye color mostly because I tend to obsessively analyze stuff I get really in to.

Somebody should make a "How to" post. I mean, if people are still getting them mixed up even with the Zerochan tags...

I do that sometimes too, and considering AoNoEx is one of my all time favorites, I really should have noticed that. XD Well, now I know! I was thinking it could have been a last minute design change, but I guess it could also have something to do with him drawing the Kurikara, like you said.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Mugetsu Ookamiza
IEarth KingI Amaimon
Mugetsu Ookamiza

it's not my favorite fanon pairing, but I do like some of the art for it. I just get REALLY frustrated on how people can mistake Night for Yukio when there's so many clues it's NOT YUKIO. no moles, no glasses, brown eyes, usually has a sword with him, his exorcist jacket doesn't have that pin on the front (as his design has it as a patch on the upper arm of the jacket)...

People are dumb and blind.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
katsy 0c0
Mugetsu Ookamiza
katsy 0c0
Mugetsu Ookamiza

Somebody should make a "How to" post. I mean, if people are still getting them mixed up even with the Zerochan tags...

I do that sometimes too, and considering AoNoEx is one of my all time favorites, I really should have noticed that. XD Well, now I know! I was thinking it could have been a last minute design change, but I guess it could also have something to do with him drawing the Kurikara, like you said.
well, if drawing the kurikara gave him pointy ears, fangs, and a tail it isn't a stretch at all to think the eye color could have changed, too. add in the fact that a change in eye color would be one of the most realistic level of changes that could happen since there are natural reasons IRL that can cause eye color to change (usually only subtly, tho) and it seems like even less of a stretch (one of my eyes actually is greener than the other because of how many times I popped blood vessels in it when I was in the hospital back in '07 and the combination of septic shock and the multitudes of drugs they were treating that with caused me to get severe platelet anemia bad enough that even when they gave me a massive platelet transfusion I still only had half of what was normal).

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
and I actually am working on some comparison images of Yukio and Night... so far I believe these two will work pretty well as a starting point...

the first one for pointing out differences in the uniform, the second for pointing out differences in the face. I may toss in some fanart examples, too, just to give people an idea of how Night often looks in fanart.
Yeah, I'd say those work! Throwing in fanart would probably be a good Idea, since that's where most people mistake them.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Those work pretty well I think. The differences in the coat are subtle, but the lack of the crossed belts from Yukio's side... Thing, should be a clear indication. That and Night's expression in the bottom example suits Rin more than Yukio.

I drew Aniue tonight out of boredom. Aside from this thread and a few in the GCD, the forums are boring me lately.

/bored Earth King is bored

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
katsy 0c0
Yeah, I'd say those work! Throwing in fanart would probably be a good Idea, since that's where most people mistake them.
yeah, since most (hopefully ALL) of the ones mistaking Night for Yukio have never seen the pilot oneshot. but I always think it's best to start with official art as a basepoint then move on to some examples where the mistake commonly occurs and then point out the little spots that indicate the error (in this case, should it be LACK of spots? godsthatwaslame sweatdrop )...

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
IEarth KingI Amaimon

Those work pretty well I think. The differences in the coat are subtle, but the lack of the crossed belts from Yukio's side... Thing, should be a clear indication. That and Night's expression in the bottom example suits Rin more than Yukio.

I drew Aniue tonight out of boredom. Aside from this thread and a few in the GCD, the forums are boring me lately.

/bored Earth King is bored
not to mention the fact that with Night's design the exorcist badge is a patch on the upper left arm of the coat whereas in Blue Exorcist the badge is a pin commonly worn on the left BREAST of the jacket and the designs on the badges are different.
Mugetsu Ookamiza
katsy 0c0
yeah, since most (hopefully ALL) of the ones mistaking Night for Yukio have never seen the pilot oneshot. but I always think it's best to start with official art as a basepoint then move on to some examples where the mistake commonly occurs and then point out the little spots that indicate the error (in this case, should it be LACK of spots? godsthatwaslame sweatdrop )...

I certainly hope they're making that mistake because they have yet to read the one-shot. confused I guess starting with official art would be good!
I also certainly hope people aren't mistaking their official art for each other a lot. I have seen plenty for fan art, but not a lot of that. XD (Lol, I see what you did there. emotion_awesome )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff