Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
i dont mind the idea of long series, but my problem is that they usually have a crap ton of filler. i HATE filler. cant FREAKING stand it. thats why i still havent finished inuyasha. i like my series mid range. like code geass or soul eater. those are good lengths. 20 to 30 episodes. enough time for a decent story and character development, but not long enough for filler. i odnt a mind a goof off episode or two, especially after a huge battle or huge plot revelation though. its fun to see the characters out of their usual goings on every once in while. like the festival episode in geass. thats fine. but no more than that.

Dramatic Partier

Most of the time. I prefer animes of standard (~26) or lower number of episodes. My longest anime series to date would be Katekyo hitman reborn.

Wealthy Alchemist

i think overall, i prefer shorter animes.
if it's over 50 episodes, it's long to me, if it's over 100... waaaay to long for me.

however i will say that since my little brother begged me to watch One Piece with him, i've managed to watch and enjoy it so far.

overall the problem with super long animes is that they suffer from too much filer and i like a story with a start, middle and end.
when you never get to an end, sometimes the story feels.. so stuck o.o

so i am watching a really long anime right now.. but i usually just don't have the time for them.

Chitandaa's Kouhai

Adorable Animal

11,125 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
Nah, if the storyline is good, then it's worth it at the end.
I've been watching detective conan for many years now and it has more than 700 episodes, but I'm going to continue watching it xD.
Fullmetal alchemist had 50 episodes but every episode was a masterpiece! emotion_donotwant
Basically it depends on the story.

Friendly Sex Symbol

Well I prefer shorter anime series, because you can finish them faster, some of them has awesome stories which gets you into so much you can finish it in one day.

But I don't turn down longer animes. I usually pick them up and watch them whenever I have time it takes forever to finish some of them, I tend to drop those halfway and then get back to them after sometime from the place I've stopped. It always depends on the plot, story, good desrciption for me. Since spring I've been watching Naruto Shippuden with my friend, I have stopped for a bit with it now. Since my friend is away and won't push me to watch it x'D and also I have a lot of stuff going on in school, too busy for anime in other words. So it's in a little wait list until I have more time.

Fallen Seraph

12,115 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Team Moira 200
I like long running anime. Maybe because sometimes seasonal anime turns to s**t and I am lacking something to watch. Heaven's to Betsy, Winter 2015 is ******** terrible. Though I watch seasonal anime as well. It's only about 22 minutes a day anyway. Unless you watch the raw while waiting for subs.

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
I'm that way too. I feel I don't have time, although I somehow find the time to watch a bunch of shorter series or start a new series and keep up with it even if it starts becoming long. I think it's more the fact that I have trouble sticking with things sometimes. Like if a series is hundreds of episodes long it just seems like way too much work and time to sit there and try to catch up on it. I'm really bad about stuff like that and I tend to be forgetful too. If something is too long I could just see myself trying to start it and then just never finishing. Forgetting about it a couple of seasons in or taking a break from it only to forget which episode I was on and then never get around to figuring it out and continuing. As it is, for the stuff I'm currently watching, I have my boyfriend keep track of what episode we are on. I'm glad he watches with me because he's much better at that sort of thing than me. He also watches some of those long series that I just refuse to bother with.

Feral Wolf

12,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
It really depends on the anime for me. I actually didn't really mind the length of DBZ, because we got a few arcs with different villains. Same with Yu Yu Hakusho, and some other anime. I also loved Natsume Yuujinchou, which had four seasons, with twelve episodes each. It was a slice of life story that I enjoyed, and we get to see the character grow as the series went along.
My least favorite long series are ones with the same villain throughout the entire series. I liked Inu Yasha when I was younger, and they did introduce other villains for some chapters, but it all came back to Naraku. Which got really annoying pretty fast when there were other villains more interesting than him.

Skilled Friend

8,800 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Millionaire 200
it's all a matter of genre for me.
like i don't think i'd be willing to watch a show like K-ON if it had 200+ episodes ;v;

but if i do by chance find a lengthy anime interesting enough that doesn't mess around with a metric crap-ton of filler episodes, and i have the time, i'd probs watch it! :>

Cutie-Pie

The longest anime I've ever watched was Prince of Tennis. I watched it when I had just became a teenager... so I still had the drive (and the time!) to sit through an anime. Nowadays, if it's longer than 12 episodes I'm out.
I generally try to avoid anything more than 26 episodes as they usually end up with a load of filler episodes and drawn out, convoluted story archs. It's rare for me to find an anime I like that goes on for 2+ seasons.

HoloTheWiseAss's Husbando

Familiar Phantom

I prefer shorter anime!
However, I REALLY love One Piece!
Thanks for reminding me! biggrin

Chatty Strawberry

Sometimes, it depends.
I like it when there aren't that many fillers.
Although I tend to skip fillers if there are too many.
I like long series, mostly because I am a busy person and like to have something to watch every evening before I go to bed!
It's a nice little routine I've got myself in.
Longer the series, the better (unless excessive filler gets too excessive).

Versatile Exhibitionist

10,600 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Accurate.

I have a crazy busy schedule and not a lot of time to sit and watch TV -- although I would love to. Even finishing a short 12 or 24 episode series is really daunting.

Even if I had more time to watch anime, I'm just not that interested in watching a long series. Most of the time they drag on, dotted with fillers and excessive (read as avoidable) drama. There are a few anime that I aren't like this at all (like Sword Art Online, which thoroughly impressed me), but a lot are. Shows like Naruto, Inuyasha, Bleach, One Piece, and so on and so forth... They just aren't my cup of joe.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff