Super Giver

10,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
this is another reply.
Bleach
yeah, i know, it is overrated.
But when it first came out, I thought it was about detergent( well.... sweatdrop ). then someone explained to me what it was and i was initially skeptical that i would like it but now I do.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
heart
puella magi madoka magica

Unbeatable Cutie-Pie

Sailor Moon - Started watching Crystal but waiting 2 weeks for a new ep was killing me so decided to give the original a try.

Clannad - I knew what the major spoiler was and it put me off watching for a very long time. Found the VN last year, played it and loved it. Watched the anime right after and loved it too. Now just need to find the right time for After Story.
Clannad for me as well. I'd always been a DBZ style anime fan, lots of action or get out. But something about that anime hit me. I never regretted it.

Girl-Crazy Kitten

totally agree with you about eva.
but i gave in and watched it and really enjoyed it even the last two episodes.
i haven't watched the rebuilds though.

also, the few sports anime i watch.
haikyuu and knb specifically.

Demonic Star

10,100 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Timid 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Hmm....I'm going with Attack on Titan.

I didn't want to watch it at first because it was in the case of 'that anime looks awesome but the fans are annoying as hell'

No offense to the nice Attack on Titan fans, I'm just talking about the super crazy fans I have encountered

But when it showed up on Toonami, I was just like 'Screw it, might as well give the series a try.' Now I'm hooked to the anime and bought some of the manga.
I honestly never saw myself watching R.O.D.: Read Or Die. The cover and the synopsis put me off of the show for a good while. But then I decided to watch it, and I found myself enjoying almost every minute of it. And despite it being only three OVAs long, I was satisfied with the series as a whole.
Same with Bubblegum Crisis. I honestly didn't think it would be a show I would care about. (and admittedly, the first couple of episodes were somewhat boring) But when I decided to continue watching the whole series, I found myself enjoying the show. A lot.
Finally, we have Gunslinger Girl. I was initially turned off by the series due to past experiences with other shows of a similar type. (Black Rock Shooter, Black Bullet, etc) But after giving it a try, I found that it was a great show with pretty good characters and some nice action scenes. The fact that the setting reminded me of the first half of Gungrave made me like it even more, to be honest.

Tipsy Lunatic

One Piece.

It's ... okay. I dunno, I like pirates.

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

13,650 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I was just thinking about this again and I remembered another one, Initial D.

This one comes from the fact that I've always been a big fan of the band M.O.V.E, and I've always been aware that they've done a lot of music for that series. But when I looked up Initial D many years ago it looked like a dumb and boring racing show.

I don't quite remember what changed my mind to finally watch it, maybe it was because of how good I heard this series was. I got into it about three years ago and haven't regretted it in the slightest. It's a fantastic series. emotion_bigheart

Beloved Streaker

14,075 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
For me, it was Tokyo Ghoul. I am really not a fan of anything in the Horror genre or related to Horror in any way. I'm really squirmish so I was incredibly surprised when I watched Tokyo Ghoul, I think it was amazing c; The story was really good, and I even read all of the manga.

Distinct Dabbler

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Oreimo and Haikyuu!! were definitely the biggest surprises for me.

When I first read the description of Oreimo, I thought it was gonna get really fanservicey and pandery. But I watched it anyway, since the idea of a little sister being really into eroge seemed kinda interesting.

The first half of Oreimo, Kirino really pissed me off, but I couldn't stop watching the anime and I actually absolutely loved it! It was fun, cute, and pretty entertaining. Kirino's tsundere BS was pretty annoying at the beginning, but it really grows on you. And then you realize that maybe she's kinda cute.

But then season 2 of Oreimo came out, and it was mostly harem, incest, bs... So that kind of sucked.

BUT OMIGOSH. I NEVER WOULD HAVE EXPECTED HAIKYUU TO TAKE OVER MY LIFE LIKE IT HAS. It's definitely my favorite anime right now.
I'm not really into sports anime (except for Free), and volleyball is one of my least favorite sports. But after seeing a lot of people talk about it on Tumblr, I thought I would give it a try. AND OMIOGSH IM SO HAPPY I DID. It's just such a fun, inspiring, funny, and PERFECT anime. I adore it.

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

13,650 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Tanaie
BUT OMIGOSH. I NEVER WOULD HAVE EXPECTED HAIKYUU TO TAKE OVER MY LIFE LIKE IT HAS. It's definitely my favorite anime right now.
I'm not really into sports anime (except for Free), and volleyball is one of my least favorite sports. But after seeing a lot of people talk about it on Tumblr, I thought I would give it a try. AND OMIOGSH IM SO HAPPY I DID. It's just such a fun, inspiring, funny, and PERFECT anime. I adore it.

Aaaaaaaaahh Haikyuu is so good! It's my second favorite sports anime. dramallama I just love the Karasuno boys, they're like a little family. The way they work with and encourage each other is so inspiring. Watching them makes me wish I had something like that when I was in highschool. heart

Feral Seeker

5,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Soul Eater
One Piece
and alot of yaoi lol

Wealthy Regular

******** oreimo ugh I hate myself everyday because of it too

Quick Reply

Submit