Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do compare American voices of Anime to one another? Even Japanese?

Yes...so sue me... 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
No...I rather watch the anime 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Freak!!! o.O 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
This is Spam...just thought I'd let you know in the kindest way... 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 6, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 5 >

Heh...Don't know if it's been made before, but I've just gotta know. Do any of you ever find yourself saying, "Oh! I know that voice...It's suchandsuch from Cowboy BeBop." Or something of that matter? Well, I'm just curious, tell me what anime that has been dubbed that you compare the voices between anime that you've seen. I do it all the time and it just drives me crazy when I can't figure out who it is... sweatdrop

I've compared Inuyasha to Bit Cloud
Tetsuo from Akira to a character from Last Exile, Dual, and may others.

And then there are times I don't know if me comparing them is the right comparison. For example, Alex from Last Exile, Spike from Cowboy BeBoy and guy with black hair(Don't know his name b/c I haven't seen this all too much) from Witch Hunter Robin if they have the same voices.

I just find it ironic how such small things can bug me. So how bout yall? Do you compare? Even in Japanese?

((And if this is spam...sorry...didn't know if it was spam or not...))
i think i do to...i think...
Happens to me sometimes:

"That guy who was the eggplant King from Captain N is also Ryoga Hibiki and a lot of male cast members from anime (Michael Donovan)."
Heh heh...yeah, that's it. That's exactly what I do. blaugh sweatdrop I even compare American animations voices to Japanese animations American voices. sweatdrop Oh, and by the way... sweatdrop the list for me could go on forever...

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Chiyo-chan
And then there are times I don't know if me comparing them is the right comparison. For example, Alex from Last Exile, Spike from Cowboy BeBoy and guy with black hair(Don't know his name b/c I haven't seen this all too much) from Witch Hunter Robin if they have the same voices.

Nope, -definately- not the same for Spike and Amon (the guy from WHR). Spike's done by David something or other, and Amon is voiced by Crispen Freeman. I haven't seen any Last Exile, so I can't say for sure, but I -think- that's an ADV production, and therefor wouldn't be either of them, but don't quote me on that last one or anything.

But I know for a fact Amon and Spike are not voiced by the same guy.
Lins
Chiyo-chan

Nope, -definately- not the same for Spike and Amon (the guy from WHR). Spike's done by David something or other, and Amon is voiced by Crispen Freeman. I haven't seen any Last Exile, so I can't say for sure, but I -think- that's an ADV production, and therefor wouldn't be either of them, but don't quote me on that last one or anything.

But I know for a fact Amon and Spike are not voiced by the same guy.

Cool, thanks...like said, it just drives me crazy not knowing...I don't know why...I just have too much free time... sweatdrop And the credits for WHR and Cowboy BeBop just go by too fast I can't catch a glimps... sweatdrop But thanks again. 3nodding
Yumm.....

David Lucas (Spike, Makoto Shishio, Roger Smith, etc. etc.)
Richard Hayworth (Kenshin Himura, Shido, Legato, etc. etc.)
Sparky Thorton (Hajime Saito, Hotohori, etc. )
Lex Lang (Sanosuke Sagara, King En, etc.)
Crispin Freeman (Alucard, Amon, Straight Cougar, etc.)

and props to Wendy Lee - you've been in, like, every anime I own. eek
I compare the American acting to the Japanese, some cases I don't mind dubbing (I do like Spike's U.S voice) I have a weird thing of recognizing certain seiyuu. Or NOT having recognized them when I find out they played someone. Like Hikaru Midorikawa, he usually plays badasses like Heero Yuy and Zelgadis, I nearly killed myself laughing when I found out he did Tamahome's voice. Same thing with Kappei Yamaguchi. I burst out laughing when I found out he does the voice of Ryuuchi from Gravitation (if you don't know, Kappei voiced both Ranma and.. even funnier.. Inuyasha). Not to mention Tomokazu Seki, who does the voice of Shuchi from Gravitation, and Touya in Card Captor Sakura. And I always giggle and say "wow, so thats two characters he's played who have a boyfriend they call 'Yuki' "
Battleaxe
Yumm.....

David Lucas (Spike, Makoto Shishio, Roger Smith, etc. etc.)<
Richard Hayworth (Kenshin Himura, Shido, Legato, etc. etc.)<
Sparky Thorton (Hajime Saito, Hotohori, etc. )
Lex Lang (Sanosuke Sagara, King En, etc.)
Crispin Freeman (Alucard, Amon, Straight Cougar, etc.)<

and props to Wendy Lee - you've been in, like, every anime I own. eek

The ones with the < next to them...is just saying...So that's where I heard the same voices from . xd And with David Lucas and Spike and Roger Smith...I was iffy on that one too. xd But Shishio! eek I had no clue. heh heh...see...I just have to know these things or I'll flip before watching the anime. blaugh Especially with Alucard and Amon...I would never had guessed... sweatdrop
Um....random post here................apple butter..........
I do it constantly. Not just with Japanese cartoons, but with all cartoons. I have a running databank in my head of voice actors and their works. I've gotten very good at recognizing them when I hear them.

Dapper Dabbler

I do it all the time! gonk
Yeah.....Inuyasha's voice (Richard COx) is the same as the speedy dude in X-men and i'm pretty sure that Shishio's (Rurouni Kenshin) voice is also Spike's voice. (Bebop)
Jak D
Yeah.....Inuyasha's voice (Richard COx) is the same as the speedy dude in X-men and i'm pretty sure that Shishio's (Rurouni Kenshin) voice is also Spike's voice. (Bebop)

Yeah. 3nodding I also figured that out. 3nodding biggrin
Hiei and Saito's voices are way better in English!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff