Welcome to Gaia! ::

Subbed or Dubbed?

Subbed 0.72093023255814 72.1% [ 31 ]
Dubbed 0.27906976744186 27.9% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 43 ]

So I got Hulu Plus soley for the anime. sweatdrop
But
Sailor Moon only gets 2 episodes a weeks. I very much so prefer subbed anime over dubbed on 95% of shows. If I want to continue rewatching Sailor Moon, aside from buying it, (which I can't financially), all I can find online is the 1990's dubbed. I've noticed how HEAVILY edited it was and I can't bear watching beyond nostalgia. (Honestly even the new dubbed one irks me a touch) So, do I suck it up and just watch the 90's dubbed or suck it up and wait?
What did you do?

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I'd wait it out. And I don't believe you HAVE to have a Hulu Subscription to watch it. I was pretty sure I watched some of it recently and I haven't had a subscription for well over a year...

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
Wait out! You can watch for free on Hulu, and the quality is much better than the old torrents heart

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Subbed. =x

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Subbed, all the way. ^^
Hulu. The new dub is really good. For a series being released right to video, it's on par with their other work.
I should have clarified I got Hulu for all its anime not just Sailor Moon but thanks for the input!

Space Genius

I only watch anime series dubbed, when Steve Blum is in the cast smile Otherwise, I always watch anime subbed.

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
If you want to watch it subbed then go for it. I got Hulu Plus for the anime too. I don't mind subbed or dubbed as long as the voices and the storylines are good in it.
Good things come to those who wait. wink
Up to you.
Sailor moon!! xd

Sparkly Hellhound

--------------------------------------------------------
^(#`∀´)_Ψ Salvation in the darkness...

A good anime is a good anime, subbed or dubbed. Personally I like dubbed so I can at least listen and watch when I'm sick and don't have my contacts in and not be lost because I have to read.

Personally, I'd just wait until Viz finishes their dub of the old series and releases all five seasons in all their gender bending, rainbow equality glory.

Beauty in the graveyard..⎧ᴿᴵᴾ⎫◟◟◟◟◟◟◟◟ ❀◟(ó ̯ ò, )

Friendly Fairy

8,650 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Well, I'm personally a fan of the sub, but the original dub is funny in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way... If you do decide on the old dub, check out this site -- it has a detailed list of all the changes made in almost all of the episodes, and even screenshots of scenes missed. It's very helpful!

Manly Man-Lover

Hulu's worth the wait. That, and they'll be released there before on disc. I got Hulu Plus over a different show, but that one's on infinite hiatus while I catch some of the anime I'm interested in. Plus, they are the exclusive place to watch the dub for about a month before the release if you're up for that.

Admittedly, I'm buying the discs for the dub, but watching the releases on Hulu. Reason: I like both, dubs and subs. And right now, I only own three of the dubbed discs from the initial release (The first disc of S and SuperS and I think the last of SuperS or one of the single releases from DIC [which I have a love/hate thing for over a mix of nostalgia and how it nearly ruined the show for me initially]). Besides, it marks the first time I've finished the first season and the first half of the second season.

Yes, I said it, the original Dub that a lot of people praise annoyed me sometimes! Mostly because I found it to come across too slapstick and agitating at times. It was the supporting cast and changing it before the stupid Sailor Moon Says segment that saved it because if I went strictly off of Serena/Usagi back then, I wouldn't have stayed with it beyond 3 episodes. The Dark Moon arc actually solidified my fandom more than the ones before that point did.

As for the new dub, I'm not about to call it immaculate, but that we get to see it in a pure form and a more accurate dub works in its favor. I could have done without the dubbed chapter break and a more childlike voice for the younger brother, but I'm not about to whine about it either.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff