Welcome to Gaia! ::

dvds are the worst for over pricing, normal films are only like £15, a anime dvd is normaly £20, an when you buying a serise thats 7 or 8 discs long that come to way to much, its a rip off, thats why i buy of ebay now.
For the past 6 years, I have bought my wieght in merchandise. whee Iv'e bought stuff from plushies and keychians to clothing and accessories. As far as i could calculate, I have spent a total of $1100 on merchandise. sweatdrop The only thing I have to complain about is the price of DVDs and box sets. They seem far too expensive than what the average person pays for average movies. confused
i think $8 is to much for a graphic novel
I know I've spent lots of $$$$, upwards of $5000 and it's all worth it...unfortunately I've probaly spent just as much on the postal service to get the stuff in my hands. rrrr
My collection of Manga alone cost over 2grand and that is from this last year... so don't feel too badly 3nodding
konoha_ninja_elite

try 17.24 Canadian per copy then
OMG , all of ma manga and anime books and DVD's Cd's movies and all were :

$8,540 dollars can u believe it !!!

and I freaked out , and ma parets found the sheet that i wrote down the price on and they asked me stuff and i was just go like : i was joking around ? sweatdrop
.Ha.ru.ko.
I'm sure most of you here have quite a collection of anime and manga stuffs.
But don't you ever think that you're spending too much money on it all?
Every time I come back from a little shopping spree, I can't help but feel guilty from getting so many things...
I think maybe in all the three years I've liked anime, I've spent more than $2,000 on it all!
How am I gonna live life if my obsession grows?! gonk

Discuss:
- Do you think the prices for anime/manga and related things are fair?
- Do you spend too much on it?
- How much has your collection cost you?
- ... And other stuffs. o.o

Hahahha.... Ya I have over 50 manga books and lets just say.... Ive payed way to much!
On my collection Ive spent about 1000 dollars......
And for anime dvds Ive spent about 200 dollars...
I think prices are rediculious(sp?)
Mesmir
konoha_ninja_elite

try 17.24 Canadian per copy then

Im with you there....
I go on Ebay. I've gotten some great stuff for dirt cheap. I've bought many boxsets off there, usually for 15-30 dollars, depending on the amount of disks.
konoha_ninja_elite

$8 is nothing.get a job and make the money yourself
a suggestion for anime/manga buyers who love to buy stuff should watch out for scams on ebay. sometimes they sell stuff way over the original asking price. That is SOMETIMES though.

I dont buy manga or dvds. I enjoy watching them on tv. I mean i may buy/make posters and sometimes buy dvds..but i dont spend gobs of money. Id like to have the kawaii little plushies but now im gonna start making them and maybe for commisons! im gonna make money for something i love. how fun! lol. I may buy some dvds and some mangas but i dont usually buy. im satisfied with just watching it on tv. PLUS! i have awesome rental places where i can rent anime and i can check out manga at my library!
The stuff is rather expensive. I've dropped like 100 dollars on DvDs and about 300 on mangas...but its worth every penny...^_^
I haven't spent thousands of dollars...YET...but i'm sure at the rate i'm going i will eventually. sweatdrop I mean I just bought a Chobits DVD yesterday! razz and I'm already done with it yesterday!...sometimes it makes me wonder why I bought it when I could have just rented it for a much cheaper price. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff