Hell yes. Sign me up! 0.6 60.0% [ 27 ]
I'm poor. ;_; 0.022222222222222 2.2% [ 1 ]
I live too far away. -_- 0.13333333333333 13.3% [ 6 ]
Maybe I'll attend one of the weekend thingies. 0.022222222222222 2.2% [ 1 ]
Hmm, we'll see. 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 3 ]
Gold! :D 0.15555555555556 15.6% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 45 ]
1 2 >

Edit: Keep in mind, folks, that this is a diploma program, not just a course. Also, the school doesn't have it yet. There's always the chance it might fall though, and the diploma will be denied. It doesn't help that we're short on students for next year. So if by some miracle you're looking into applying, keep that in mind and don't just say 'I want to take the comic course'. We might not have it.

Okay, right. So, it's kinda under wraps right now, but the school I'm attending is thinking of adding a comic book/graphic novel diploma to the school come next September. Seriously, people, you'd get to go to school just to draw comics. The thing is, the school's kind of small and we don't have anywhere near enough applicants. So have a look, and get your butt up here! >D

In the meantime, there's a few weekend non-diploma stuff going on, like so:

Saturday Life Art Studios: 8 intensive classes in life drawing, perspective, and still life drawing, based on the lessons in Nicolaides' The Natural Way to Draw. Starts October 29th, and runs every Saturday until December 17th.

Portfolio Workshop: Meet with representatives from major art schools and animation and art industries, and get advice on how to put a professional portfolio together, write a cover letter and letter of intention, and how to act properly in an interview. It's on Saturday, October 25th.

Stop-Motion Animation: Work with stop-motion animation in a variety of methods taught by professional Jason Thompson, and take home a demo reel for your portfolio. Runs ten days from December 27th to January 7th.

Info Sessions!: For anyone who might even possibly be interested in attending the school. You get to see all the classrooms, talk to the teachers and students, and so on. There are Saturday afternoon sessions on October 22nd, November 19th, and December 17th, and Tuesday evening sessions on November 8th and December 6th.

So, I realize a lot of you live in states and Toronto is a far distance to go just for a weekend session or two. I also realize that these things are major bank dips for most of us. But hey, if you've got the money and the time, it's worth a shot, I think. If not, don't worry about it. I'm only pimping because the program's worth it. biggrin

More info's on the school website, front page. Just scroll down 'til you find them.
As much I love manga, I don't think I'd want it as a class. It migh take the fun out of it or mostly do like superhero comics.
sirens07
As much I love manga, I don't think I'd want it as a class. It migh take the fun out of it or mostly do like superhero comics.

Nah, they're dead serious about it. You'd learn about stuff like panelling and anatomy, technical details that take a really long time to build up and perfect on your own prerogative. Your style is your own. They drive you hard, but it's really worth it. You really improve. And the owner is just as interested in manga as in western-style comics--they're really different stylizations, but she'll be paying close attention to both.

Sparkly Werewolf

8,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
Sirens07

thats kinda true
Dark Cat Mistress
thats kinda true

It might. But keep in mind that if you're only doing manga for fun, then you're not really that serious about it. This program would be for people intent on doing it for a living, and it's not all going to be fun and games. (My schedule's already nearly killed me once. @_@)
I don't really like to read
Words made me head hurts
But I love the drawings
The best drawing is from Mangas
I made some mangas before
In 6th grade, I think
But I just draw them, not put words in it(my friends did that for me^^)
I don't really want it as a class
It will be boring
+.Cream MoMo.+
I don't really like to read
Words made me head hurts
But I love the drawings
The best drawing is from Mangas
I made some mangas before
In 6th grade, I think
But I just draw them, not put words in it(my friends did that for me^^)
I don't really want it as a class
It will be boring

Well, like I already said, it'd only be for those who are really serious about it. If you're deadset, I think it'll be fun no matter how you go about it, as long as you keep true to your own style.
There's a few schools in my city that offer programs in comic book art. Well, they call it "Sequential Art", but it's basically comic book creating classes. Point of fact, the Luna Brothers graduated with a degree in Sequential Art from a school near my house. whee
I think it would be cool to have a class like that, mostly bcs I'm currently a Graphic Communications Senior at the Tech I go to and would like to become an animator or Manga-Ka, so I dunno, I think it would be cool!
ipanema
There's a few schools in my city that offer programs in comic book art. Well, they call it "Sequential Art", but it's basically comic book creating classes. Point of fact, the Luna Brothers graduated with a degree in Sequential Art from a school near my house. whee

Really? Awesome. What's the school's name?
I guess a class like that might be interesting, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to put in all the work. sweatdrop
that would be a cool class
Gin and Cassis
ipanema

Really? Awesome. What's the school's name?

It's called Savannah College of Art and Design. I live in Atlanta.
Faelon Aranhil
I think it would be cool to have a class like that, mostly bcs I'm currently a Graphic Communications Senior at the Tech I go to and would like to become an animator or Manga-Ka, so I dunno, I think it would be cool!

Yeah, we have a lot of people like that come over from places like Sheridan college. Maxine told me the animation and graphic novel programs would be sharing a lot of material, so heck, maybe you could even ask for crossover electives and do a bit of both at the same time. Check out the school and see what you think. smile

Professional Witch

There are several colleges devoted to comic and cartoons.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff