Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who would win between these two power houses? Before we get started, this is not a popularity contest, this isn't about who's cooler or the better character, its about trying to see between these two who would most likely be victorious in battle between these two.

First, lets compare these two starting with Goku first.

Info on Goku.

Goku is one of the main characters from the Dragonball Z series, he's a Saiya-jin (A race of aliens that like to fight) from the Planet Vegeta that was destroyed by Freeza a long time ago. Goku is a incredible fighter, but a very naive and ignorant person too. He loves to fight and train, and fight strong opponent to have a good time and to test his limits. Through out the series he's been leveling up quite a lot to reach the extreme level of power he's at. He's the father of Goten and Gohan and husband to Chi Chi. He's the protector of Earth and is always willing to fight against the forces of evil when ever it rears its ugly mug on his world.

Speed: Goku is incredibly fast, able to move quicker than the human eye can see and several times faster than sound, its not sure if he can go near light speed so I put him a level or two below it. With Shunkan Idou (Instant Transmission) He can cover a vast amount of distance in a short amount of time, this of course requires Goku to be able to find a ki signal to be able to teleport there in the first place, if its to far away or to low he can't go there.

Strength: I know there is the whole thing about his strength and the forty tons thing. true, but seeing as how ssj transformation give a rather large decent boost in power he should be able to easily lift it as ssj1, and more as ssj2, and ssj3. So yea, he's incredibly strong physically.

Durability: Is quite durable, can withstand planet leveling attacks, but seems to have trouble against actual planetary explosions since he was killed by one at the end of the Cell saga, but due to extensive training can probably survive that with little effort a his much higher levels, other than that Goku is one tough customer.

Power: Goku has incredible power, by the end of the series he should be more than capable of leveling the planet several times over, if taken Cell's statement into account, he possibly has solar system destructive level at ssj2 or higher.

Sensing: Goku has the ability to track or sense beings with ki unless they don't have it or can hide it.

Endurance: Depending on what form he is in and who he is fighting, he can go for long periods of time before becoming weak and drained. at ssj1/2 I see him fighting for a hour or 2, 3 hours straight at the most on a equal level with some one before tiring out, depending on how much of his energy he uses. At ssj3, since this form is shown and stated to drain so much power he can only maintain it for a couple of minutes to several minutes at the most before reverting back to a weaker form, needing to rest and regain his composure for a while before attempting to fight again.

Techniques: Taiyoken (Solar Flare), I think this is the one where the opponent reflects the sun light off their bodies causing the bright light to blind their opponents temporally or something to that effect. Kaio-ken, this is the technique that increased the person's power depending on what level they use, this was never again seen or used after Goku achieves ssj. How ever, its only seen again once in the filler after life tournament were Goku faces of against Pikuhan. Genki Dama (Spirit Bomb), this technique allows Goku to summon energy from living organisms to create a powerful ball of energy. The downside to this move is that Goku need to be in his base form to make it, and is completely vulnerable to any attack while making this, not to mention it takes a long time to make it, it also depends if the people he's asking want to give up their energy or not. Its a powerful, but risky move. Kamehameha, this is Goku's most used technique. Goku uses to this concentrate his spiritual energy into the form of a beam that can level planets with little effort before the end of the series.

Info on Silver Surfer.

The Surfer was originally Norrin Radd, a young astronomer of the planet Zenn-La. He agreed to serve as a herald for cosmic being Galactus to save Zenn-La from the planet-consuming super being. Galactus granted Radd enormous cosmic powers and a silvery appearance and a surfboard-like vehicle, both after a childhood fantasy of Radd's. Thereafter, he roamed the cosmos, searching for new planets for Galactus to consume until, after an encounter with Earth's Fantastic Four, he betrayed Galactus, who doomed the Surfer to exile on Earth. Since then Surfer is know surfing the cosmos as its new protector and trying to atone for his past mis deed and sins. Surfer is a being blessed with powers beyond normal human comprehension. At heart, he's a kind spirit and wishes no harm to any creature, but is willing to get his hands dirty and defeat the forces of any that threaten peaceful life in the galaxy.

Speed: Surfer under normal optimal conditions can go light speed or above.

Strength: Surfer has class 100 strength. Is capable of lifting 100 tons or above. Surfer can amp/power up his abilities by drawing in on more energy around him.

Endurance: Surfer has near infinite stamina, he can go for extremely long periods of time with out tiring. If he does expel all his energy, he can simply recharge himself by absorbing outside power such as the stellar energies of space or a star or other means of energy.

durability: Surfer is one of the most durable characters in Marvel comics. His body is nearly indestructible. can with stand planet leveling attacks or higher if need be. How ever, surfer can be damaged or knocked out, but it takes a huge amount of force to do so, its not exactly easy to do, but it is possible.

Sensing: As a cosmic being, Surfer is cosmically attuned to things around him, much like Goku he too can feel or see people's life force and such. Surfer can use his cosmic sense to pin point people across the galaxy and go to that destination to meet them.

Power: Surfer has blasts capable of leveling cities with ease. Surfer can also level planets, but doesn't use such power very often. He restrains himself so he won't accidentally level a world or kill weaker life forms and such. Not to say he can't use this, he usually sums up his opponent power before turning up the heat.

That's about it with these statistics so let the debating begin. Give your thoughts and reasons why you think Surfer or Goku would win.

2,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Give it a rest people...you can never actually compaire two anime charactures powers..so stop this non sence and get a grip..no one would win because they're equal in their own ways stressed
Oh come on. Do you understand the Power Cosmic? Surfer could literally take Goku apart molecule by molecule, and reconstitute him as Jell-O before Goku had time to form a thought. stressed
Goku wins every fight possible. Honest to god He does. When he goes at full speed/power,thought itself is at a stand still for everyone but him. It doesnt matter who he faces,goku is a god. Pure and simple.
Kyle_Rayner
Oh come on. Do you understand the Power Cosmic? Surfer could literally take Goku apart molecule by molecule, and reconstitute him as Jell-O before Goku had time to form a thought. stressed

3nodding
Silver Surfer! He was my favorite superhero as a kid, him and the power rangers.
Kyle_Rayner
Or he could do it the easy way and drain all the energy from his body and have him fall over like a rag doll.... rolleyes
Toushin Yusuke
Who would win between these two power houses? Before we get started, this is not a popularity contest, this isn't about who's cooler or the better character, its about trying to see between these two who would most likely be victorious in battle between these two.

First, lets compare these two starting with Goku first.

Info on Goku.

Goku is one of the main characters from the Dragonball Z series, he's a Saiya-jin (A race of aliens that like to fight) from the Planet Vegeta that was destroyed by Freeza a long time ago. Goku is a incredible fighter, but a very naive and ignorant person too. He loves to fight and train, and fight strong opponent to have a good time and to test his limits. Through out the series he's been leveling up quite a lot to reach the extreme level of power he's at. He's the father of Goten and Gohan and husband to Chi Chi. He's the protector of Earth and is always willing to fight against the forces of evil when ever it rears its ugly mug on his world.

Speed: Goku is incredibly fast, able to move quicker than the human eye can see and several times faster than sound, its not sure if he can go near light speed so I put him a level or two below it. With Shunkan Idou (Instant Transmission) He can cover a vast amount of distance in a short amount of time, this of course requires Goku to be able to find a ki signal to be able to teleport there in the first place, if its to far away or to low he can't go there.

Strength: I know there is the whole thing about his strength and the forty tons thing. true, but seeing as how ssj transformation give a rather large decent boost in power he should be able to easily lift it as ssj1, and more as ssj2, and ssj3. So yea, he's incredibly strong physically.

Durability: Is quite durable, can withstand planet leveling attacks, but seems to have trouble against actual planetary explosions since he was killed by one at the end of the Cell saga, but due to extensive training can probably survive that with little effort a his much higher levels, other than that Goku is one tough customer.

Power: Goku has incredible power, by the end of the series he should be more than capable of leveling the planet several times over, if taken Cell's statement into account, he possibly has solar system destructive level at ssj2 or higher.

Sensing: Goku has the ability to track or sense beings with ki unless they don't have it or can hide it.

Endurance: Depending on what form he is in and who he is fighting, he can go for long periods of time before becoming weak and drained. at ssj1/2 I see him fighting for a hour or 2, 3 hours straight at the most on a equal level with some one before tiring out, depending on how much of his energy he uses. At ssj3, since this form is shown and stated to drain so much power he can only maintain it for a couple of minutes to several minutes at the most before reverting back to a weaker form, needing to rest and regain his composure for a while before attempting to fight again.

Techniques: Taiyoken (Solar Flare), I think this is the one where the opponent reflects the sun light off their bodies causing the bright light to blind their opponents temporally or something to that effect. Kaio-ken, this is the technique that increased the person's power depending on what level they use, this was never again seen or used after Goku achieves ssj. How ever, its only seen again once in the filler after life tournament were Goku faces of against Pikuhan. Genki Dama (Spirit Bomb), this technique allows Goku to summon energy from living organisms to create a powerful ball of energy. The downside to this move is that Goku need to be in his base form to make it, and is completely vulnerable to any attack while making this, not to mention it takes a long time to make it, it also depends if the people he's asking want to give up their energy or not. Its a powerful, but risky move. Kamehameha, this is Goku's most used technique. Goku uses to this concentrate his spiritual energy into the form of a beam that can level planets with little effort before the end of the series.

Info on Silver Surfer.

The Surfer was originally Norrin Radd, a young astronomer of the planet Zenn-La. He agreed to serve as a herald for cosmic being Galactus to save Zenn-La from the planet-consuming super being. Galactus granted Radd enormous cosmic powers and a silvery appearance and a surfboard-like vehicle, both after a childhood fantasy of Radd's. Thereafter, he roamed the cosmos, searching for new planets for Galactus to consume until, after an encounter with Earth's Fantastic Four, he betrayed Galactus, who doomed the Surfer to exile on Earth. Since then Surfer is know surfing the cosmos as its new protector and trying to atone for his past mis deed and sins. Surfer is a being blessed with powers beyond normal human comprehension. At heart, he's a kind spirit and wishes no harm to any creature, but is willing to get his hands dirty and defeat the forces of any that threaten peaceful life in the galaxy.

Speed: Surfer under normal optimal conditions can go light speed or above.

Strength: Surfer has class 100 strength. Is capable of lifting 100 tons or above. Surfer can amp/power up his abilities by drawing in on more energy around him.

Endurance: Surfer has near infinite stamina, he can go for extremely long periods of time with out tiring. If he does expel all his energy, he can simply recharge himself by absorbing outside power such as the stellar energies of space or a star or other means of energy.

durability: Surfer is one of the most durable characters in Marvel comics. His body is nearly indestructible. can with stand planet leveling attacks or higher if need be. How ever, surfer can be damaged or knocked out, but it takes a huge amount of force to do so, its not exactly easy to do, but it is possible.

Sensing: As a cosmic being, Surfer is cosmically attuned to things around him, much like Goku he too can feel or see people's life force and such. Surfer can use his cosmic sense to pin point people across the galaxy and go to that destination to meet them.

Power: Surfer has blasts capable of leveling cities with ease. Surfer can also level planets, but doesn't use such power very often. He restrains himself so he won't accidentally level a world or kill weaker life forms and such. Not to say he can't use this, he usually sums up his opponent power before turning up the heat.

That's about it with these statistics so let the debating begin. Give your thoughts and reasons why you think Surfer or Goku would win.

I'm going to be completely honest here...I don't know crap about the surfer so I'm only going by what I read in your description of him.....and judging by that I'd say Goku would win...simply because...you made his powers sound equal to about the minimum goku has been able to do....especially if we are considering some level of "super" for him.......

Again....Don't reply to this calling me an idiot and saying "Its not a popularity contest" because I'm only going by what I have heard from this post.....This is really just me putting my "2 cents in" about who I think would win based on they're descriptions
goku i think with his powers better then silver surfer but silver surfer is also cool

Distinct Conversationalist

10,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bookworm 100
Well, it doesn't really matter at all for two reasons;

1: The Marvel continuities and the Dargonball Z Suckontinuity exist so many levels apart from one another, that comparisons between the two are impossible, and any comparisons actually made by the everyman are likely to be innacurate and full of bias.

2: Dragonball Z sucks. It's characters are either far too predictable or paper-thin. There is far too much useless dialogue between fights, and the fights use far too much recycled footage. Granted, the series is decades old, and suffers from lack of large animation prdduction funds, and the era was one of horrible consequence to future animation projects...but it doesn't matter...

Dragonball Z sucks. The entire franchise sucks. anyone who likes it has horrible taste.

There, I said it...
Goku all the way !! ... i dun even noe hu silver surfer is ... keke

Dangerous Genius

Dark_Princess_Lita
Give it a rest people...you can never actually compaire two anime charactures powers..so stop this non sence and get a grip..no one would win because they're equal in their own ways stressed

Anime/Manga/COMICS
I am so tire of people telling us that the AMC is anime only, especially when it state COMICS in the name!

Dangerous Genius

Serpreme
Goku wins every fight possible. Honest to god He does. When he goes at full speed/power,thought itself is at a stand still for everyone but him. It doesnt matter who he faces,goku is a god. Pure and simple.

Uhhh
Vs Raditz he lost and was killed.
vs Vegita that was Gohan and Yajirobi winning the day.
VS Frieza Goku started it Trunks finished it.
VS Cell again Gohan, Goku got blown up and dies.
VS BUU Mr Satan/Hercule actually stopped him then was intricate in stopping Chibi/Kidd BUU.

So really, Goku really does not have a good track record.

The fight could be good though Surfer has both a Speed Edge and a more useful Power. Remeber The Silver Surfer can go anywhere(Has traveled to Galaxies in no time at all). Goku HAS to have a KI SOURCE to Teleport.

Dangerous Genius

Ramirez Delaz
Well, it doesn't really matter at all for two reasons;

1: The Marvel continuities and the Dargonball Z Suckontinuity exist so many levels apart from one another, that comparisons between the two are impossible, and any comparisons actually made by the everyman are likely to be innacurate and full of bias.

2: Dragonball Z sucks. It's characters are either far too predictable or paper-thin. There is far too much useless dialogue between fights, and the fights use far too much recycled footage. Granted, the series is decades old, and suffers from lack of large animation prdduction funds, and the era was one of horrible consequence to future animation projects...but it doesn't matter...

Dragonball Z sucks. The entire franchise sucks. anyone who likes it has horrible taste.

There, I said it...

If you don't like DragonballZ fine, but to insult the people that do makes you very immature. Your post made you to be exactly what I thought.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff