Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Conversationalist

God no, high school is terrible and as much as college is worse, at least you have more control over your schedule and thus allotment of time. I didn't even have a terrible high school experience, but it was mega stressful because of classes. High school anime is fun because these kids have too much time for fun antics or interesting (melo)dramatic scenarios.

I think being an adult now (likely to graduate college in 1.5 or 2 more years because ugh 4 isn't enough for business school) has made me relate to high school anime characters more because I can look back on that with experience of the whole transitioning to adulthood and how even really strong high school friendships can fade with time so it's good to treasure them while you're there (high school anime has 75% chance of being about power of friendship and have sweet delicious friendship speeches).

I connect to side characters or the best friends of high school MCs even more because they're usually the types to sometimes get an arc about how unspecial they feel compared to (main) 'special' characters. Wakaba from Revolutionary Girl Utena had the most REAL and HURTING ME DEEPLY episode where she literally has an existential crisis to go dark because she feels inadequate and not special enough compared to her peers, even her spectacularly amazing best friend who has lots of things she's good at, or the fact that she lets herself be used by a guy she liked even after he rebuffed her feelings and humiliated her at the start and his sudden attention and needing her just to live off the street made her feel special needed and wanted and it's suddenly all taken out from under her feed and I just...I've felt everything Wakaba felt, especially in high school, and it made me want to grab her and just hold her and tell her she'll find her stride after high school y'know?

Also inadequacy stress from not getting the best grades is something I relate well to regardless of age, or stress from studying hard. And it's again with the 'find your stride after the fact' because I've been there.

I dunno, I enjoy high school anime for the fantasy and escapist elements rather than relating to actual experiences and because I'm drawn to that delicate development time and the potential drama it can stir up for better or for devastation.

Gracious Tycoon

The main characters are usually the same age as the story's target demographic.

You should probably rethink the shows you watch.

Devoted Genius

Sunny Sanity

The main characters are usually the same age as the story's target demographic.

You should probably rethink the shows you watch.

The shows I watch are in my age range, that's not the issue. I was just stating how I felt while watching them.

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
No, I hated high school and I don't ever want to go back.

Aged Gekko

tbh most animes that consist high school related things have romance, drama, and people with a range of personalities.
my high school was all about that, and hence doesn't make me want to stay in high school.
well it's not over yet for me, i still have college and it's just as worse as that.

Hygienic Capitalist

7,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
Ugo-kun

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Highschool anime makes me want blot out of my mind that high school ever existed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Hah, hell no. I'm so glad that I've long since graduated.
Eh, no thanks.

High school ended for me well over a decade ago. I was the kid that even the outcasts didn't want anything to do with. I was pretty much in my own shell for those years. Sure I tried to get out, do a play or something, and what role did I get? I was the audio guy. I didn't mind it, it was fun to a extent. Was there a after party, yeah. Was I invited? Nope. But the person that did lighting was. It didn't bother me. I preferred sitting in my room playing my N64 while it was cold as a well diggers a** outside. I was pretty much just left to my devices, and in the chance I participated in class discussion, most were surprised to hear me talk, let alone give a very educated answer. Then I would go back to being quiet.

The one thing about my high school life I was proud about when I was a freshman, the seniors thought I was at least a sophomore, but more times than not, a junior. Imagine their reaction when I told them I was a freshman. Needless to say, my freshman year was wedgie free, and I was even invited to watch a couple swirlies happen. Guess being the quiet kid did have it's advantages. biggrin

Feral Diedrich

Ehhh, while I'm glad that high school is in the past for me, sometimes I do kinda miss it, but what I miss about it is the time I spent with friends and whatnot, that plus I rarely see my high school friends anymore. sad

Though sometimes anime does make me miss it. XD But I think back on all the memories from then and I'm happy with how things happened back then, and I wouldn't change them. Sure, there was a bit of drama and stuff, but most of it was good memories. ^^

Dapper Sex Symbol

8,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
I say no because most of the highschool anime I watch is either drama (Clannad After Story/ Shuffle) or horror based (Another) plus as someone who is no longer in highschool I can freely watch anime as much as I want without the worry of having to do homework or other highschool related things.

Friendly Informer

Bury Michigan
The only anime that would make me want to stay in school is Nichijou, or The Daily Lives of High School Boys... Maybe Cromartie High School... If my life was like any of these anime... ... Forget... just... FORGET IT!
'The Daily Lives of High School Boys' was a lot funnier before I actually had to teach teenaged boys.

Clean Raider

You'll just probably relate to the shows differently as you get older, but will still enjoy it. I really enjoyed the Harry Potter series when it first came out, and when I re-read it in my 20s, I still enjoyed it. I just related to the adults better the second time around.
That really. That would mean I'd be attacked by Hollows everyday.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff