Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone out here who watches hanayamata? whee
If you haven't heard about it, it's a seinen ( mature ) anime about 14 year old girls learning to dance yosakoi ( japanese dance style done with multiple people ). It's really cute ( also can be seen a bit as yuri xux ).

I'm just wondering if there is anyone who watches it, since i really wanna talk about it with people. c:

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I really liked it at first... It was really funny and adorable, and the concept was interesting. But now, seven episodes in, it just feels like a tepid rip-off of K-on and Love Live. It's gotten boring and predictable, with a formula that I stopped caring about. So... I dropped it.

I wanted to like it, though... The opening is probably my favorite from this year...
The Fullmetal Narcissist
I really liked it at first... It was really funny and adorable, and the concept was interesting. But now, seven episodes in, it just feels like a tepid rip-off of K-on and Love Live. It's gotten boring and predictable, with a formula that I stopped caring about. So... I dropped it.

I wanted to like it, though... The opening is probably my favorite from this year...

Hmm, i never watched K-on and Love Live. So to me it's basically something new. o: And yeah, the opening is pretty amazing! Sometimes i hum it out of boredom. xD

It's not the best anime, but i dern sure love it ( just like kyoukai no kanata ^^'' ) ! Aslong as i enjoy it, i'll like it. I've read a couple of chapters of the manga too. The manga and anime have like tiny differences but it still sticks to the same thing.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I'm part of a Yosakoi dance group at my university, so I was surprised to learn that there was an anime about it. The anime seems fun and cute, but I hate two of the main characters. Naru always sounds like she's about to burst into tears whenever she speaks, and Hana is just straight up obnoxious. It's like the creator tacked on the Loud Obnoxious American stereotype onto her.

I find it amusing though that a white foreigner knows what yosakoi is whereas Naru's entire school was like, "wtf is yosakoi???"
Sakura Latte
I'm part of a Yosakoi dance group at my university, so I was surprised to learn that there was an anime about it. The anime seems fun and cute, but I hate two of the main characters. Naru always sounds like she's about to burst into tears whenever she speaks, and Hana is just straight up obnoxious. It's like the creator tacked on the Loud Obnoxious American stereotype onto her.

I find it amusing though that a white foreigner knows what yosakoi is whereas Naru's entire school was like, "wtf is yosakoi???"

Hm, i really have no problem with anyone in the anime. ^^'

Yeah, that kinda bothered me though. Like, yosakoi is part of your culture..how..How the heck can you not know that..x_x I mean one person, i get it, but that many people???? Like ??????

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Sakura Latte

I don't know... Hana and Naru were the main reason I decided to keep watching in the first place. I got hooked by their dynamic. I thought it was adorable how Hana was chasing her around, pursuing her relentlessly, popping up in her lap from under a table...

And then there was Naru's one little line... "Don't mess with my routine." That's something I can't say I've ever heard in an anime before... The main character isn't just avoiding participation in something out of fear of screwing up, but also because it would take her out of her solitrary comfort zone. That's probably one of the most relatable lines I've ever heard.

Yeah, they would both be annoying on their own, but playing off of each other, I really enjoyed that dynamic. Unfortunately, after they started adding the other girls, that dynamic was gone, and it just started to get predictable.

Beloved Lunatic

Is that on crunchyroll? If it is, I think I added it to my watch list~
Moonlit Candy
Is that on crunchyroll? If it is, I think I added it to my watch list~

It is avaible to watch on crunchyroll! ^o^

manalian's Husband

Celebrating Waffles

15,850 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I watched it and I cried at it twice! I got embarrassed on myself, why did I cried in this cute anime. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff