Welcome to Gaia! ::

His works are lesser known in the west, but was wondering if there were any fans here? Opinions on Kaiji, Akagi, Zero etc?

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

I enjoyed the Akagi anime, I never got into Kaiji or any of Fukumoto's other works though.

Golden Spark

Watched Akagi, Watched both seasons of Kaiji, caught up on whatever the most recently translated chapter of Kaiji which is so damn intense so far. Also read the first part of Zero, the ending was just weird even if there were a sequel to it.

Also read Kurosawa and man, I can't wait reading the sequel for it. I think Kurosawa is one of FKMT's strongest works compared to other series done by him.

Salty Gawker

Kaiji, akagi and Kurosowa were the only titles I actually like. Kaiji still holds a special place in my dark days of debt.

Salty Gawker

Princess Iorin
Watched Akagi, Watched both seasons of Kaiji, caught up on whatever the most recently translated chapter of Kaiji which is so damn intense so far. Also read the first part of Zero, the ending was just weird even if there were a sequel to it.

Also read Kurosawa and man, I can't wait reading the sequel for it. I think Kurosawa is one of FKMT's strongest works compared to other series done by him.

Didnt know Kurosawa has a planned sequel. Honestly I like the conclusion of that manga, it be better if they just left it off.

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
User Image

OH MY GOOOSHH. I love Fukumoto's works!
The way he tells stories draws you in so much, and shines past the tofu-block art style. User Image
I've read:
Kaiji (Parts 1, 2, 3, part of 4)
Gambling Emperor Zero (Parts 1 & 2)
Legend of the Strongest Man Kurosawa
Buraiden Gai
Gin to Kin
Ten
(mostly the ending, because of Akagi...)
Akagi & Atsui Ze Pen-Chan (although sparsely, since I don't understand mahjong, but I plan to learn the Japanese terminology some day!)

Collaborations with Kawaguchi Kaiji (another awesome mangaka) that are amazing and totally recommended for thriller lovers:
Seizon LIFE
Confession
(one-shot)

User Image

Golden Spark

Gunzstray
Princess Iorin

Didnt know Kurosawa has a planned sequel. Honestly I like the conclusion of that manga, it be better if they just left it off.

Pretty much, probably because FKMT gave into peer pressure or something. Even though I prefer the series to end it like that which gives the whole story a stronger impact, I am interested to see what the sequel will actually end up like. Hopefully FKMT doesn't ******** this one up, but I would rather see Kazuya ******** Kaiji up arc number 10 then a sequel to Kurosawa.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff