Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloorigard2
Mercy and Censor
Bloorigard2
Mercy and Censor
WAIT.
I FORGOT TO MENTION GRAVITY FALLS.
THAT SHOW IS AMAZING.

Is it a recent show, or an older show, or can I still see it on TV, or...?

It is a new show on Disney.
This show is just fantastic.

Does this mean disney is showing good cartoons again :3

This one is just fantastic I don't know what kind of cable/satellite you have but there are are few episodes of Gravity Falls in the free section of On Demand on mine.

Enduring Elocutionist

One word: Motorcity

It airs (irregularly) on Disney XD, but they finally seem to be cleaning up their leak and hiatus issues now that they've announced that they're not renewing it for a second season.

Disney's bad publicity aside, it's a great, fast-paced show with a diverse cast and a wonderful utopian/dystopian concept. Also pretty cars and big explosions.
There are good cartoons nowadays. Not many, but there's some.

Young Justice
Ultimate Spider-Man (Aside from the obvious devices to sell toys)
Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated (Surprisingly)
The Looney Tunes Show

Blessed Seeker

13,475 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Mercy and Censor
Out of curiosity why is Adventure Time on your no watch list?

Hm. Well I would suggest Ugly Americans and Archer but they are adult animated cartoons, not like Family Guy style, but meant for adults.

Oh gosh. Just watching the commercials for that show makes me feel like I'm on an acid trip. I have yet to watch a single episode though, so I guess I can't talk.

Anyways, I'm your average Nickelodeon 90's fan. My two favorites were Rugrat's and Hey Arnold. These two actually taught me life lessons and that the real world doesn't have to be boring if you're open for adventure.

I also watched a few cartoons on CN such as Courage the Cowardly dog and Ed, Edd, and Eddy. These two were wacky and didn't make sense at times, but that was funny, and there was still a plot despite this.

I only really watched Disney channel when there was nothing on, but I did like Kim possible and the Proud family. Two awesome female characters that taught girls they don't need a man or a mommy to fight their battles, but have a voice to speak.

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
her354
Mercy and Censor

Hm. Well I would suggest Ugly Americans and Archer but they are adult animated cartoons, not like Family Guy style, but meant for adults.

Oh gosh. Just watching the commercials for that show makes me feel like I'm on an acid trip. I have yet to watch a single episode though, so I guess I can't talk.

Anyways, I'm your average Nickelodeon 90's fan. My two favorites were Rugrat's and Hey Arnold. These two actually taught me life lessons and that the real world doesn't have to be boring if you're open for adventure.

I also watched a few cartoons on CN such as Courage the Cowardly dog and Ed, Edd, and Eddy. These two were wacky and didn't make sense at times, but that was funny, and there was still a plot despite this.

I only really watched Disney channel when there was nothing on, but I did like Kim possible and the Proud family. Two awesome female characters that taught girls they don't need a man or a mommy to fight their battles, but have a voice to speak.

Funny you should mention the Proud Family, because I was just watching it earlier today, around an hour or so ago. Great show.

Dapper Codger

How old are we talking here?
Well you count Totally Spies as a "good cartoon" so clearly you like bad cartoons already.

Really that show was good for only one thing sexual fetish.

Anyway it's a matter of opinion really.

Adventure time is a good show. Now there are two types of Adventure time episodes, the average random comedy episode and the more emotional, "deep" episode. Watch an episode like "I remember you", "Thank You", "Susan Strong" and there are others. Adventure time has an interesting back story and surprisingly deep characters. Actually most of the random crazy comedy has a deeper more serous reason to it. It's deceptively deep.

Regular Show is one of the best cartoons on TV. I See Regular Show as today's version of Rocko's Modern Life, my all time favorite Nicktoon. I love the normal seting and plots and how they go to insane conclusions.

Finias and Ferb. I have seen people saying they like Rugrats and Hey Arnold for their ability to teach lessons and show the real world does not have to be boring. Well if anything Phinias and Ferb as a cartoon picks up where those shows left off.

Other good cartoons currently on TV right now.
Young Justice
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012
Green Lantern
Scooby Doo Mystery's Inc (best SD show since the original)
Looney Toons show (Once you accept that it's not the classic shorts it's good for it's own merits.)
Gravity Falls
Motor City (if you can catch it)
Avengers EMH

Anyway as a whole today is just as good as any other year. Honestly the ninties feel better because people lump all the good shows together even though a lot of them did not air new episodes at the same time.

You did not "grow up at the wrong time" you just got too close minded. Now you refuse to give good shows a chance for no reason.

Timid Bookworm

The Loony Toons Show is the most recent cartoon I've gotten into. It's very well made and legitimately funny.

These are all from the 90's but many are fairly easy to find on DVD.
Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers
Goof Troop
The Gummi Bears
DuckTales
Talespin
Darkwing Duck
Dexter's Lab
The Powerpuff Girls
Ed, Edd, and Eddy

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
Creativerealms

I didn't say it was a good show, I just said I grew up with it. I'm sorry for any confusion.

I have seen the shows Regular Show, Adventure Time, Chowder, Flapjack, and Phineas and Ferb. I got bored quickly with Phineas and Ferb, and I thought that Adventure time was well made, I just didn't like it. I honestly can't decide if the other shows (Flapjack, Chowder, and Regular Show) were well made, but I didn't like those either.

Blessed Seeker

13,475 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Bloorigard2
her354
Mercy and Censor

Funny you should mention the Proud Family, because I was just watching it earlier today, around an hour or so ago. Great show.

It is. Out of curiosity, where did you watch it?

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
her354
Bloorigard2
her354
Mercy and Censor

It is. Out of curiosity, where did you watch it?

Youtube, I think they have it at Watchcartoonsonline or whatever it's named... I don't know the name of it, exactly. Am I going to get in trouble for saying this?
Most everything is just cgi s**t now...

Conservative Friend

4,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Most of the good cartoons were made in the 80s and 90s! I'm glad they still put them on. Or else we'll be left with stupid ones like Adventure Time, Regular Show, Chowder, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Flapjack, and Phineas and Ferb!

Dapper Conversationalist

4,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
what kind of shows DO you like, OP?

Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, and Green Lantern: The Animated Series is pretty rad.

Motorcity is pretty cool too.

Adventure Time and My Little Pony are nice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff