Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who's your favorite character on Avatar: The Legend of Korra?

Korra 0.28125 28.1% [ 27 ]
Mako 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 7 ]
Bolin 0.14583333333333 14.6% [ 14 ]
Asami 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 4 ]
Tenzin 0.03125 3.1% [ 3 ]
Jinora/Ikki/Meelo 0.03125 3.1% [ 3 ]
Lin Beifong 0.11458333333333 11.5% [ 11 ]
Iroh 0.072916666666667 7.3% [ 7 ]
Amon 0.041666666666667 4.2% [ 4 ]
Other 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 96 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 >

Happy 2013!!!

Newbie Hunter

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Colorful Phantom

Dat Young Justice, please.

Man, this forum is dead as ********.
Glad Ben 10, Young Justice and Green Lantern are back on. Really liking Young Justice and Ben 10 right now with the storylines, I want to see this time war on Ben 10 and more about the different scarab beetles on YJ. Now I just gotta wait for Ninja Turtles to come back on Nick and my Saturday is complete.
Can't believe DC Nation is cancelled, this is just like US not finishing Generator Rex. They had a few more episodes to finish the series and they didn't do it. I guess it is all about the ratings and adults probable favored YJ and GL:TAS more than the kids since we got the content. Too bad, yet another sad loss for my Saturday morning cartoons. I'll miss this show and will savor every last episode left.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Captain Arrow
Can't believe DC Nation is cancelled, this is just like US not finishing Generator Rex. They had a few more episodes to finish the series and they didn't do it. I guess it is all about the ratings and adults probable favored YJ and GL:TAS more than the kids since we got the content. Too bad, yet another sad loss for my Saturday morning cartoons. I'll miss this show and will savor every last episode left.

And so it has been and so it is written,
On the doorway to paradise...

strictly speaking, DC Nation itself isn't cancelled. Its just the current shows that are getting canned. They'll be replaced with two new DC Comics shows.

...That those who falter and those who fall
Must pay the price!

Dangerous Visionary

Captain Arrow
Can't believe DC Nation is cancelled, this is just like US not finishing Generator Rex.....

Actually and this will probably piss you right the ******** off. They RECENTLY did finish Generator Rex the aired the last episodes without any warning at the 7am (PST) slot like a few weeks ago. Luckily I lurk this forum hard as well check up on such tags on Tumblr so I was able to get the last four eps.

And if you haven't thrown your laptop/tablet/whatever out the window or against the wall in a rage fit yet. Don't expect a DVD boxset or anything either. Because it's not a DC series and CN has a history of not giving titles like Gen rex a proper DVD set. So best bet to see if you snag some eps on itunes and such.

Sorry we got screwed again emo
Winniwyn
Captain Arrow

And so it has been and so it is written,
On the doorway to paradise...

strictly speaking, DC Nation itself isn't cancelled. Its just the current shows that are getting canned. They'll be replaced with two new DC Comics shows.

...That those who falter and those who fall
Must pay the price!
I know the shows are being replaced by other DC shows, but for me DC Nation is over. I know I'm not going to like the new Teen Titans Go! cartoon because it just bastardizes the original version and should be left strictly for shorts. I feel like the show is just DC's version of Superhero Squad. The new Batman CGI doesn't look too good either, the animation is very weird with Batman's head. Young Justice and GL are pretty much better versions of both their replacements, so it sucks that they have to dumb down material to get kids to watch. I'm surprised that Star Wars: the Clone Wars is still on because I know not many kids watch that since some episodes are too boring for me to watch, but Lucas Film has more money to keep it aired.
Miss-dark8607
Captain Arrow
Can't believe DC Nation is cancelled, this is just like US not finishing Generator Rex.....

Actually and this will probably piss you right the ******** off. They RECENTLY did finish Generator Rex the aired the last episodes without any warning at the 7am (PST) slot like a few weeks ago. Luckily I lurk this forum hard as well check up on such tags on Tumblr so I was able to get the last four eps.

And if you haven't thrown your laptop/tablet/whatever out the window or against the wall in a rage fit yet. Don't expect a DVD boxset or anything either. Because it's not a DC series and CN has a history of not giving titles like Gen rex a proper DVD set. So best bet to see if you snag some eps on itunes and such.

Sorry we got screwed again emo
That's VERY weird and I wish I could've watched it on tv instead of online last year. They stopped playing the show altogether and I thought the story was much better than Ben 10. Considering how much Ben 10 has changed, it just appears their new way of targeting viewers is by making everything more "kid friendly" with the dumbed down animation style and jokes. I guess we should be getting used to good cartoons getting cancelled, the ones I hate always seem to last longer. sad

Dangerous Visionary

Captain Arrow
That's VERY weird and I wish I could've watched it on tv instead of online last year. They stopped playing the show altogether and I thought the story was much better than Ben 10. Considering how much Ben 10 has changed, it just appears their new way of targeting viewers is by making everything more "kid friendly" with the dumbed down animation style and jokes. I guess we should be getting used to good cartoons getting cancelled, the ones I hate always seem to last longer. sad

All true. Then again sadly that's how our society is. I wish we could get away with the whole cartoons are only for kids and when they aren't they have to be another cheap Simpsons style knock- off.

Agent Tree

Anybody watch that new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series? The animated one? I thought it'd be off-putting with the CG graphics but it sort of grows on you after awhile (I guess GL:TAS has been buttering me). It's strange with the Japanese-ish expressions, but also pretty funny too.
User Image
Miss-dark8607
Captain Arrow

All true. Then again sadly that's how our society is. I wish we could get away with the whole cartoons are only for kids and when they aren't they have to be another cheap Simpsons style knock- off.
I thought kids would love seeing all these DC Heroes in a well made animated series, but what can you do. Ratings are always the premise and I guess the shows didn't have enough humor and too much political themes that kids wouldn't get. The shows are more mature with the themes, but we need more of that. It can't all just be lazily drawn characters spouting jokes throughout.
melon_mochi_29
Anybody watch that new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series? The animated one? I thought it'd be off-putting with the CG graphics but it sort of grows on you after awhile (I guess GL:TAS has been buttering me). It's strange with the Japanese-ish expressions, but also pretty funny too.
User Image
xd Nice pic. I'm watching the show and really enjoy the humor and how the turtles look. The eyes are what sets the show apart to me since they have eye colors and it changes with their expressions like comics. It's a pretty fresh take on the series, especially since they look more individual.

Dangerous Visionary

Captain Arrow
Miss-dark8607
Captain Arrow

I thought kids would love seeing all these DC Heroes in a well made animated series, but what can you do. Ratings are always the premise and I guess the shows didn't have enough humor and too much political themes that kids wouldn't get. The shows are more mature with the themes, but we need more of that. It can't all just be lazily drawn characters spouting jokes throughout.

Nah this was very much a mature cartoons and comics have very much been a "big people" deal for a while. I hardly ever see kids at a LCS. (The only time I see a lot of kids is when we have free comic book day) So yeah we really need to let go of the idea that all cartoons even ones that are rated PG are just for kids.

Agent Tree

Captain Arrow
melon_mochi_29
User Image
xd Nice pic. I'm watching the show and really enjoy the humor and how the turtles look. The eyes are what sets the show apart to me since they have eye colors and it changes with their expressions like comics. It's a pretty fresh take on the series, especially since they look more individual.

Aw, thanks. I love pic spam. lol

I'm rather surprised that they decided to do the show in CG, but I guess it seems to be a more popular option with animators these days (with the Lego series and Star Wars), so I wonder if we'll be seeing more series with CG in the future. I like how smooth and fluid the action is, and the fact that the actor for Beast Boy is playing Mikey isn't too bad of a plus either. 3nodding

It's a bit of a shame that we don't have more hand-drawn animation style shows these days, but I suppose that'll be left up to Japan with their anime and whatnot. Fu fu fu

Compared to the 2003 TMNT from 4kids, which one do you like best?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff