Welcome to Gaia! ::

Don't you hate it sometimes?

I remember when I was a kid, I've narrowed it down to somewhere between 1991 and 1996. Perhaps extending even to 1998, but I remember TV shows I used to watch.

Now most of these I can clearly state... All That, Street Sharks. But some less so... and now that I think about it, it drives me insane. Especially when I can't remember so much as the main characters first name, not to mention the title.

For instance there's one that's particularly bothering me... and I want to know, because from my memories it seems like it was pretty cool. The main character was this skeleton guy. (he kinda reminds me of Lord Raptor from Darkstalkers, but not evil.) With black hair and sunglasses. And I remember it revolved a lot around some sort of arena or collosium I beleive... with lots of other strange mutants thrown into the mix, all caused by some sort of toxic goo. And that in one storyline he lost his legs... I can't remember him getting them back though. I remember some sort of glass regeneration pod though that he couldn't use because there wasn't anything left of said legs to regenerate...

I also think I remember he used his arm as a baseball bat...

And the villain had weird orange cylinder things growing out of his head, or something like that.

It was a weird show... but I wish I could remember what it's called...

Do you folks ever have anything like that?
There are a few shows I wish I could remember the titles of or the names of the main characters in them, but argh, it's been so long. v.v I remember Street Sharks. I used to watch that show every Saturday, and Darkstalkers, even though I've only seen a few episodes of it. It was pretty kick-a**. Heh. I was one of those strange little girls that liked more action-oriented shows rather than Happi-Ness and the Lochness Monsters or Princess Guinivere and the Jewel Riders.
Whoa, I remember Street Sharks. And Biker Mice from Mars, anyone heard of that? I really liked that cartoon... and that one show, about these bulls who were sheriffs in a western town... the Bulls of Moo Mesa or something like that.
Man I know what show you talking about with the mutants. I remember one was a kid that could like turn into this wierd rock star zombie thing. I do remember that they were all into sports, and one played soccer (though I was under the impression that they all did). I remember there was one was going to meet like his brother or something, but it was all a hoax.

Yeah, I remember Street Sharks. I found out Adam West did one of the characters, which scares me to death sweatdrop . 3nodding

The 90's really like mutants I geuss. sweatdrop
Quote:
Don't you hate it sometimes?

I remember when I was a kid, I've narrowed it down to somewhere between 1991 and 1996. Perhaps extending even to 1998, but I remember TV shows I used to watch.

Now most of these I can clearly state... All That, Street Sharks. But some less so... and now that I think about it, it drives me insane. Especially when I can't remember so much as the main characters first name, not to mention the title.

For instance there's one that's particularly bothering me... and I want to know, because from my memories it seems like it was pretty cool. The main character was this skeleton guy. (he kinda reminds me of Lord Raptor from Darkstalkers, but not evil.) With black hair and sunglasses. And I remember it revolved a lot around some sort of arena or collosium I beleive... with lots of other strange mutants thrown into the mix, all caused by some sort of toxic goo. And that in one storyline he lost his legs... I can't remember him getting them back though. I remember some sort of glass regeneration pod though that he couldn't use because there wasn't anything left of said legs to regenerate...

I also think I remember he used his arm as a baseball bat...

And the villain had weird orange cylinder things growing out of his head, or something like that.

It was a weird show... but I wish I could remember what it's called...

Do you folks ever have anything like that?

I have and I know what that show is! Mutant League!
Awesome... those were the days.

I wish I knew if was just a deluded child though, or if todays cartoons are just getting worse...
No, today's cartoons are actually becoming increasingly worse.

Like Nickelodeon for instance, they used to have some pretty decent shows like All That, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Kenan and Kel, the old Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, AHHH! Real Monsters, Invader Zim, and Angry Beavers. Now all they have is this stereotypical teenager garbage and stuff that's meant for the mentally-impaired. My Life as a Teenage Robot? What kind of stupid show is that? A robot who's a teenager? She's a b***h if you ask me. Oh, and then there's Danny Phantom. I really don't understand how people can even like this show. It's just...lame, really lame. The dialogue is lame and the storyline is lame. Oooh, and don't even get me started on SpongeBob, Jimmy Neutron, and the Fairly Odd Parents.

So far, the only network I can stand is Cartoon Network, but not for the anime. I'm...not a very big anime/manga fan. I kind of got out of it when I turned 14. Cartoon Network is slowly starting to suffer like Nickelodeon did. I can just see this by ONE single show: Hi-Hi Puffy Ami Yumi. I just saw my first episode of it today and god, was I twitching afterwards. X_X There are only a few shows I can stand on that network, but if they keep making shows like that, I may as well boycott them like I did Nickelodeon.

In conclusion, my point here is that you weren't a demented, delusional child, the cartoons in this time are slowly becoming WORSE.
Obscure is where it's at, it seems.

I for one only vaguely recall a cartoon, which probably was on in the late 80's-early 90's era, about these lady pigs. The only thing I can remember was that there were three (I think), and they wore gloves (fancy ones). But I can't remember what it was called, or about, or anything....
Lol, I remember Street Sharks and Biker Mice from Mars. I always wondered what the heck the creators were drinking when they came up with those concepts. But hey, they were probably thinking "hmm...mutant adolescent turtle martial artists, despite being a really weird idea for a cartoon, is really popular...how can we get on his bandwagon?"
Things that try to rip off good series hardly ever do well. Ninja turtles was good, but please...no more street fighting humanish animal shows...especially of weird animals like sharks.

~Shada~
Dude... don't diss the sharks man. Street Sharks was awesome... with their whole missing father thing, and all the cool stuff and everything... I think I still have my action figures... I guess it's kinda obvious why people always make the Turtle connection, but it has a good story behind it. That, from my recollections of it, makes a lot more sense than the Turtles did... And they have a better clash with their villain, they were just regular guys before it all. And then he comes in for his freaking genetic mutation junk. And their not secret superhero people either, just defending themselves from said villain. If someone made a remake of it I would totally get it...
Verai
Whoa, I remember Street Sharks. And Biker Mice from Mars, anyone heard of that? I really liked that cartoon... and that one show, about these bulls who were sheriffs in a western town... the Bulls of Moo Mesa or something like that.

i remember the street sharks as well....even though one of them was a killer whale. blaugh (i only remember that b/c i had the toy up until like 4 years ago....any who I LOVED MOO ******** MESA!!!! AHHHH! blaugh
Verai
Whoa, I remember Street Sharks. And Biker Mice from Mars, anyone heard of that?

Biker Mice From Mars! My favourite cartoon EVER!! biggrin
I watched an old tape of mine with Biker Mice during the Summer holiday last year, and I hadn't realised just how funny it was. I guess I didn't get all the jokes back when I was, ooooh, 7.
And yeah, I remember the Street Sharks. I used to watch that all the time!

I also used to watch this cartoon called Sharkey & George... OH, and Heathcliff the Cat! I haven't really heard about them since I was about 8 or 9...

Aged Gaian

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
CinnaminBlueMage
No, today's cartoons are actually becoming increasingly worse.

Like Nickelodeon for instance, they used to have some pretty decent shows like All That, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Kenan and Kel, the old Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, AHHH! Real Monsters, Invader Zim, and Angry Beavers. Now all they have is this stereotypical teenager garbage and stuff that's meant for the mentally-impaired. My Life as a Teenage Robot? What kind of stupid show is that? A robot who's a teenager? She's a b***h if you ask me. Oh, and then there's Danny Phantom. I really don't understand how people can even like this show. It's just...lame, really lame. The dialogue is lame and the storyline is lame. Oooh, and don't even get me started on SpongeBob, Jimmy Neutron, and the Fairly Odd Parents.

So far, the only network I can stand is Cartoon Network, but not for the anime. I'm...not a very big anime/manga fan. I kind of got out of it when I turned 14. Cartoon Network is slowly starting to suffer like Nickelodeon did. I can just see this by ONE single show: Hi-Hi Puffy Ami Yumi. I just saw my first episode of it today and god, was I twitching afterwards. X_X There are only a few shows I can stand on that network, but if they keep making shows like that, I may as well boycott them like I did Nickelodeon.

In conclusion, my point here is that you weren't a demented, delusional child, the cartoons in this time are slowly becoming WORSE.

You're definitely right. I'm 24 so I've seen even more cartoon decay than you have. The 80's were the cartoon hayday. Transformers, GIJoe, HeMan, SheRa, MASK, even JEM. Something for everyone. Now we don't have much of anything. Every now and then we get something great like Samurai Jack or Billy&Mandy but for everyone of those we get lots of crap like Ed, edd, and eddie.

Hopefully cartoons will progress instead of regress soon.
Aridia Lufelu
I also used to watch this cartoon called Sharkey & George... OH, and Heathcliff the Cat! I haven't really heard about them since I was about 8 or 9...

DiC's "Heathcliff" (which is what I assume you're referring to) is currently out on DVD along with bonus episodes of "Cadillac Cats". cool

http://www.animatedbliss.com/news.asp?TID=252
The Divine Miss Pine
Obscure is where it's at, it seems.

I for one only vaguely recall a cartoon, which probably was on in the late 80's-early 90's era, about these lady pigs. The only thing I can remember was that there were three (I think), and they wore gloves (fancy ones). But I can't remember what it was called, or about, or anything....

I think I know what your talking about. I believe that is was called "Pretty, pretty piggies."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff