Welcome to Gaia! ::

Swashbuckling Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Is it just me or does it seem like all these other Topics are about how the movie is...Now I'm not saying it's bad, truth be told I have yet to see it. My question is...Does anyone remember the books? Anyone at all?

Lupine Hellraiser

If you really look, there are a few discussions about the book already.
Very few, unfortunately, but they are there.

Dangerous Pirate

12,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Yep. Just as Keen has stated.

^w^
i remember the book both the adventures of Alice and the looking glass the movie spoilers!!!! has no cook no duchess no mocking turtle no griffin no walrus no carpenter etc. sorry for the spoilers but it had johnny depp brake dancing i love johnny depp

Swashbuckling Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The walrus & the carpenter is one of the better small tales in the book, But I think its going to be one of those things where you have to remove the knowledge of the books & take the movie at face value.
Luna the Silver Knight
Is it just me or does it seem like all these other Topics are about how the movie is...Now I'm not saying it's bad, truth be told I have yet to see it. My question is...Does anyone remember the books? Anyone at all?

yes
yes i own a full leather bound anthology of lewis carol i know the origonal book
Yes, which is why I really don't like it here. D;
I'm a die hard Alice fan and get seem to find anyone talking about anything but the new movie, which I honestly didn't like, but I wanted it to be like the books, so mehh. XP

Quotable Phantom

9,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Loved the books...all of them...though the facsimilie of Alice's Adventures Under Ground is long out of print and considered a rare/valuable/collector's book. I still got to read it luckily.

Carroll was an unwilling genius but the art he left us with (not just the Alice stories but Sylvie and Bruno, Phantasmagora, Hunting of the Snark, and his books of puzzles) is exquisite. He was an inventor too.

The movie actually has little relavence to the books beyond taking some key characters out and tossing them into a producer's/director's personal adventure script scenario. You literally could rename all the characters and you would have a movie that has nothing to do with Wonderland or Through the Looking Glass.

Hollow Cost's Waifu

Hygienic Ladykiller

Of course, the books are the best. Carroll was a GENIUS

Swashbuckling Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
It seems like thats all producers seems to be able to do now. They take something that is wonderful on its own & then twist it into something un-relate-able, yet still have the gall to call it based on the original.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff