Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cluttered Heckler

11,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
what i mean by this is... the entire fionna and cake universe seem to be created by Ice King. he's the one who tells the stories mostly, so are they actually accurate genderbends in your opinion??

a few notable differences are:
-prince gumball doesn't seem to be so involved in science as princess bubblegum.
-marshall lee is a lot more cruel and manipulative than marceline.
-fionna's outfit seems more like fanservice than anything since it doesn't really look all that suitable for fighting.

are these differences just because it's the Ice King who made their universe?

Magical Shapeshifter

12,350 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
It's a good possibility.

Dangerous Bear

2,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Consumer 100
There awesome but finn n jake are more awesome :3 heart

Distinct Gaian

1,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
I always thought Fionna and Cake deserved a drawing of them only "Adventure time" with Fionna and Cake.Por that in the parallel universe of ice cream king, things are really quite contrary '-' especially the prince '-', I would like princess bubblegum, but ... it could well be more "manly" after all he is a man, right??

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
i heard Natasha just made all the characters to her own preference not anticipating them actually getting put into the series..so that explains the differences..

gumball's inverted science is baking >w> funz

Cluttered Heckler

11,250 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
I SO VERY----- I
i heard Natasha just made all the characters to her own preference not anticipating them actually getting put into the series..so that explains the differences..

ohh gotcha. and i never thought of gumball's science being baking but that does make a lot of sense haha

Lonely Conversationalist

16,150 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
soupleaf
what i mean by this is... the entire fionna and cake universe seem to be created by Ice King. he's the one who tells the stories mostly, so are they actually accurate genderbends in your opinion??

-prince gumball doesn't seem to be so involved in science as princess bubblegum.
-fionna's outfit seems more like fanservice than anything since it doesn't really look all that suitable for fighting.

-Well, in the cartoons, Marshall Lee was actually told in Marceline's version of the story. So, I don't know about that. I can't say much on this because I've only had access to the show's portion of this story.
-Gumball's genderbender comes with a switch of baking in place of science. (As mentioned already)
-Fionna's outfit always seemed appropriate enough. Try telling me that bulky hat of Finn's is actually "suitable for fighting". I imagine he'd start to sweat something fierce in that - especially during the time when he had so much hair under there. Hell, even the backpack could be troublesome. (Although, I wonder, has he been wearing that backpack lately? I can't recall.) And then there's the fact that most genderbenders are emphasized, so giving Fionna a "fanservice"-like outfit does make sense. Even then, it's Ice King's universe, and he seems to like Fionna, so why wouldn't he have fanservice for himself?

I can't answer your question directly to that, since I don't really know, but it's easy to imagine that Ice King making the universe is the reasoning behind it.

My biggest problem is Cake's backstory. Why is Jake a feline instead of a female dog, even? And supposedly she was brought up by Ice Queen, so what's up with that?

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
soupleaf
I SO VERY----- I

ohh gotcha. and i never thought of gumball's science being baking but that does make a lot of sense haha
science and baking are pretty similar.. though i think natasha just made him a baker for funz... but i happen to have a book called ' the science of baking' lol

Kawaii Mage

8,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
That's a good point. I like the idea that Fiona and cake being inaccurate because it is Ice King's fan fiction. If it was crazy accurate, than Ice King would have to know a lot about Finn and Jake.

Anxious Kitten

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
i can see where your coming from, but they have to have their diferences, you see;
- gumball likes baking which is basically the opposite from science
- marshall lee plays the guitar, not a bass. thats another diference, but guitars are seen as more of a bad boy thing, and he is a boy, marcilines just more mature as shes a girl
- and im agreeing with you on fionas outfit, but i guess theyve tried to make finns outfit more girly.... oh well

8,700 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Considering what a lunatic the Ice King is I'd say he does a pretty good job representing his fandom.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁ ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
❛❛ I am combat ready! ❜❜

I thought at a time since it's Ice kings fanfictions coming to life, that he made the characters how he saw them.
Like with fiona, she was like finn with the heroic antics and being awkward when with prince gumball.
Like how finn used to be (still kinda is) with princess bubblegum.
Prince gumball baking more so then doing science might be something ice king wants princess bubblegum to do?? Since he finds her better then the other princess's he kidnaps.
Just speculation though.
And marshall is just how marceline used to be. The very first episode with her in it had her kicking finn and jake out of possible homes.
So it's not so much of a stretch to picture marshall like how she used to be.

But as so very said, natasha just made their personalities how she wanted them to.

Friendly Gaian

soupleaf

Definitely.

Although, don't forget that Marshall Lee is actually created by Marceline (because she is the one telling the story in 'Bad Little Boy', not the Ice King)

Hm, Fionna's outfits... well, I dunno. Finn doesn't wear armour either, right? And the lighter the clothing, the easier it is to move around.
Possibly, but here's some food for thought: Fionna and Cake (as well as the other characters) are the genderbent versions of the original characters. What I'm getting at is that you should think of it as a parallel universe of the Land of Ooo (the Land of Aaa). In parallel universes, the characters not only are of the oppsosite gender, but also have opposite (if not just different) personality traits and interests.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff