Welcome to Gaia! ::

Meep?

Eep! 1 100.0% [ 249 ]
Total Votes:[ 249 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 29 30 31

Loiterer

Kaileena

I have such a love/hate relationship with Koudelka - I want to beat it to finish the series, but it's rather difficult and clunky to play. I was lucky enough to find Koudelka for $5 at a flea market - I might have squealed and flailed a bit, haha.
From the New World is definitely my least favorite of the series, but still a great game on it's own. Oh, of course, Yuri and Alice are just such great characters, FtNW just couldn't get that hero/heroine dynamic to even remotely compete.

Oh, how so? As in the style change or did I miss something? xD

I picked up SH1 on a whim, which is odd since I don't generally like RPGs - it was pretty much the same reaction for me with the opening animation actually, heh! The judgement ring battle system is still one of my favorite gameplay mechanics ever~!
It really is overlooked though, isn't it? I think it definitely has that sort of "cult classic" feel to it.
Yess....

I'm not big into video games anymore and reviews for New World weren't that great to begin with, so unless you can ramble of some redeeming features I'll continue to not care about it. xd

Yeah, the opening animation for SH1 was the first time I saw gore in an RPG. I think I was like.. 15 or so at the time. I basically was like "YEP THIS IS THE GAME FOR ME.
OH WHAT HE PUNCHED A DUDE'S FACE IN??
WAT?
BEST RPG EVAR"

Judgement ring was weird to get but now I'm the ******** master at it, perfects, every time, man.
And the SH2 group attack system thing is pretty cool, too. Huge learning curve but woooorth it.
Final Fantasy just can't compare (though I haven't played past 10 so maybe ff series is more awesome now).

Alice in SH2 vs SH1... Lemme see if I can find pics..
SH1 vs.SH2 (Can't find actual pic of her).

Just, the suuuuper long hair and she gained a s**t ton of weight too.

Lily-livered Lunatic

Bornes
Yess....

I'm not big into video games anymore and reviews for New World weren't that great to begin with, so unless you can ramble of some redeeming features I'll continue to not care about it. xd

Yeah, the opening animation for SH1 was the first time I saw gore in an RPG. I think I was like.. 15 or so at the time. I basically was like "YEP THIS IS THE GAME FOR ME.
OH WHAT HE PUNCHED A DUDE'S FACE IN??
WAT?
BEST RPG EVAR"

Judgement ring was weird to get but now I'm the ******** master at it, perfects, every time, man.
And the SH2 group attack system thing is pretty cool, too. Huge learning curve but woooorth it.
Final Fantasy just can't compare (though I haven't played past 10 so maybe ff series is more awesome now).

Alice in SH2 vs SH1... Lemme see if I can find pics..
SH1 vs.SH2 (Can't find actual pic of her).

Just, the suuuuper long hair and she gained a s**t ton of weight too.

Well, it does have it's moments - though to be honest, I was more attached to the villains than I was to the main cast. . it's. . huh, it's not that it's a bad game, per se, but comparing it to SH1 and 2 just makes the poor game seem so weak, haha! The soundtrack had some lovely tracks though.

xD Gore in the first scene followed by cannibalistic cats -gigglesnort- SH really did love it's dark atmosphere.

I gotta confess to using lariats to help with the ring D: I've gotten so used to using them - I really ought to try playing without them at some point.
I've tried a few of the FF games but could never get into them. Though to be fair, I stopped at 10 as well, but even the newer ones haven't seemed that interesting.

Ah, I suppose the change could be attributed to the stylistic/graphics change between the two games.

Loiterer

Kaileena

Well, it does have it's moments - though to be honest, I was more attached to the villains than I was to the main cast. . it's. . huh, it's not that it's a bad game, per se, but comparing it to SH1 and 2 just makes the poor game seem so weak, haha! The soundtrack had some lovely tracks though.
What were the villians like? You mean the design of them or the major bosses/characters?
I liked everything about the evil people in SH1.
The basic beast/random battle character designs were cool, unusual and very original and interesting to look at.
Also the major bosses had tons of story and the huge Roger Bacon ******** thing was really interesting.

By the time SH2 came around I could see what was happening with Kairi miles ahead of time. But the bosses at least had nice backstories. I especially liked the general guy when he made those clone things... The monkeys? Augh, my memory is bad. I've only played SH2 once, but I've played SH1 billions of times, so that's why I remember SH1 better.
Quote:

xD Gore in the first scene followed by cannibalistic cats -gigglesnort- SH really did love it's dark atmosphere.
Haha, yes. It was also the first game I'd ever seen with historical fiction. Is it sad to admit I learned a lot of history from the games? XD
Quote:

I gotta confess to using lariats to help with the ring D: I've gotten so used to using them - I really ought to try playing without them at some point.
pffft!
There was one bos battle where I pulled out that item that makes the ring invisible. Didn't get perfects but still made hits! xD
Quote:

I've tried a few of the FF games but could never get into them. Though to be fair, I stopped at 10 as well, but even the newer ones haven't seemed that interesting.
I am not a huge fan of actually playing final fantasies. Their stories are good though. I kinda just wish someone would stick all the FMVs together and made add a summary of what happens in between because that's th eonly reason I ever played FFs-- to see the FMVs. 11 and 13 have some amazing looking ones, and I've watched a few on Youtube but I really can't be arsed to actually play the game. ._.;

Quote:
Ah, I suppose the change could be attributed to the stylistic/graphics change between the two games.
Seems that way but Yuri went from looking kind of derpy looking to more 'real'. Alice went from real to weird test tube project. gonk
Kaileena
Eep~!
'Ello there!

Thank you for all of your help everyone~!
I'll still be helping as many people as I can (tipping, voting, etc)
heart

Currently need:
-Conventioneer-
-Elocutionist-
(oh dear, a lurker's nightmare. . .)
3500/10000
gonk

Completed:
-Big Tipper-
-Lavish Tipper-
-Mega Tipsy-
-Super Tipsy-