Welcome to Gaia! ::

This idea just popped into my head like, right now!

Ok, for all of you NFL football fans including me, I think there should be little football jerseys for our avatars, for example, i am a fan of the Dallas Cowboys,(they're my favorite team, so please dont make fun of them) i think it would be really cool if there were jerseys, fatheads, and backrounds for your avatar of the Dallas Cowboys or any other team like the Denver Broncos and the Oakland Raiders, no team sucks, yes everybody has their opinion on a certain team, but if they talk s**t to you saying that the New York Giants suck, just let them say what they want to say and ignore their asses... or get in a sissy fight with them, but as long as you're a friggin football fan!
I'm not sure if Gaia could use the actual logos of the teams. They could MAYBE do the colors, I couldn't say for sure, but I think without having an agreement with the NFL/individual teams *however it works out* then they wouldn't be able to actually use the Coyboys logo or the Colts or Bears or whatever all else.

Karisa_Wolfgang's Princess

Adorable Sweetheart

This would require them to approach Gaia as a sponsorship. Otherwise Gaia would end up with a lawsuit over copyrights with the team items.

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
Meh, if they're going to make football stuff I'd rather they do it in the colors of the Gaian towns. They've already got cheerleader and tennis stuff in Aekea colors and so forth. Much more appropriate than the Dallas Cowboys.
I'd prefer if gaia didnt get sued...
Gaia cant have exact jerseys because the teams have a copywright on there logos. We have logos in many different colors.

Dapper Codger

2,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'd like some football gear in general, but not from any real team or anything since on Gaia that would kind of cheapen my view of them personally.
what if Barton, Gambino, Durem and Aekea (i think thats how its spelled) had their own teams?
I'm not a fan of football but even I know that Gaia can't do this without the teams saying its okay. If they just went a head and did it and they found out they have all rights to sue the crap out of the Gaia staff. And how things are going now, the site won't be able to recover from it. It will be then end of gaia.

And as a few others have said if gaia goes with a football theme they should use the towns instead of real life teams.

Off topic, I do hope you know that just because you put "football fans only" it not going to keep the people who arn't fans out
Old Copypasta
what if Barton, Gambino, Durem and Aekea (i think thats how its spelled) had their own teams?

well if they do make football gear that's most likely what they will go by
Sponsership is recuired if you want a team. At best, you'll get like... dark elves of durum or whatever, with blue and some other colours.

Hilarious Millionaire

2,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Ok, for all of you NFL football fans including me, I think there should be little football jerseys for our avatars, for example, i am a fan of the Dallas Cowboys,(they're my favorite team, so please dont make fun of them) i think it would be really cool if there were jerseys, fatheads, and backrounds for your avatar of the Dallas Cowboys or any other team like the Denver Broncos and the Oakland Raiders, no team sucks, yes everybody has their opinion on a certain team, but if they talk s**t to you saying that the New York Giants suck, just let them say what they want to say and ignore their asses... or get in a sissy fight with them, but as long as you're a friggin football fan!
FUTURE_MRZ_CULLEN
well, what if they didnt need sponsorship? why cant they just draw a ******** t-shirt thats white with the little logo like the cowboys star? will everyone just shut the f**k up with their negativity?
gosh people! you make it so ******** difficult on your replies saying that we will get sued and we will need sponsorship! we can just draw the shirt and everything and BAM! we have the jerseys!
and did i say that we should have football teams of gambino and akea and all that s**t??? NO!
this is football, not ******** yu-gi-oh! since when is gambino in the NFL???
They do need sponsorship to produce the same logo as a company..ect.
A logo which is like it the company could work though.

Also, since these football shirts would be for teams which are in the U.S.A I respect that lots of users which are not from the U.S.A would moan.
Also, since there are so many football teams, you would not be able to make shirts for all of them and so many people would moan about it.

When this happens normally people say that the idea will not work because there is to much work to be done.
So the users suggest that Gaia creates something to do with the Gaia world such as the towns.

Normally everyone likes the idea of something from the Gaia world to do with Towns.
You seem to not like that for some reason.
How strange confused
FUTURE_MRZ_CULLEN
well, what if they didnt need sponsorship? why cant they just draw a ******** t-shirt thats white with the little logo like the cowboys star? will everyone just shut the ******** up with their negativity?
gosh people! you make it so ******** difficult on your replies saying that we will get sued and we will need sponsorship! we can just draw the shirt and everything and BAM! we have the jerseys!
and did i say that we should have football teams of gambino and akea and all that s**t??? NO!
this is football, not ******** yu-gi-oh! since when is gambino in the NFL???

1- Telling us to 'shut the ******** up' is against the TOS.

2- People are allowed to post their thoughts and opinions on your idea. That's how Site Feedback works.

3- There is no 'What if they didn't need it'. They do. That's all there is to it. There is no legal way for them to do the uniforms without making some sort of deal with the teams. That's called copyright infringement, and it could get gaia shut down.

4- Gambino, Aekea, etc. are the teams we typically have on gaia, because they represent different areas of the gaian world, like different NFL teams in the real world. There would be no issues with copyright infringement if one of them were used, so quit bad-mouthing the only thing that would allow your precious football paraphernalia onto this site.

5- There are what, 32 teams in the NFL? That would mean 32 different designs. That's a lot of work for something that wouldn't exactly be received with a resounding 'HUZZAH!'.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff