Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Lunatic

12,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
SeeWhatIDidThere
Maybe you should unblock her so that she can give you an answer? <3

Also, no, when Mexico suffers, not all of Latin America suffers. When was the last time y'all helped?

Girl but we shall really, really change that. Regardless the nation when a person suffers, anyone else shall suffer, the fact that it doesn't work that way only show how f****d up society is now days.
A group of friends went to Mexico's embassy, to protest against the murder of an indigenous
teacher in México. Though I don't follow their ideology, I respect them for that. My point is that is true that perhaps it didn't change anything, but there was the intention, I'm sorry if you ever felt like there was not support at all, there's isn't much, but a few people all around the world don't care where are you from when it comes to empathize with suffer.
;w ; <3

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

The reason why people do that kind of stuff is because they feel proud of their nation and heritage, and you can't appropriate your own culture.

How do I know this? Because I'm Mexican, and I'm living in Mexico.
I also know Mexico's history.

With this being said, estoy dSe acuerdo en que hay grupos indígenas que están al borde de desaparecer debido a la pobreza extrema. Sin embargo, los indígenas no son los únicos que padecen de pobreza extrema, considerando que más de la mitad de la población en mí país carece de recursos. También estoy de acuerdo en que hay bastantes diferencias en el trato que se da a los indígenas debido a sus razgos o al color de su piel.

Sin embargo, el hecho de portar un penacho ó motivos Aztecas no es apropiación cultural o racismo, ya que no lo están portando con el motivo de ofender ni mofarse de la cultura de su propia nación, sino más bien es una forma de exaltar la cultura de México. También es importante mencionar que la mayoría de los habitantes de mi país es mestizo, y que los grupos indígenas están yendo en declive.

También es importante mencionar que los Mestizos son una mezcla entre indígenas y Españoles, y que durante la Colonización e Independencia de México, tuvieron muchos problemas porque no eran reconocidos como Españoles ni como indígenas, tan es así que por eso se dividía a la sociedad en castas. Por este motivo, los Mestizos no deberían tener prohibido portar motivos indígenas, porque todos en éste país tenemos orígen en la Colonización de la Nueva España, con excepción de algunos grupos indígenas que han logrado sobrevivir a través de los años.

Además de todo esto, muchos indígenas crean artesanías como una forma de vida, que venden a extranjeros y otros Mexicanos para ganar dinero, así que hay un lado muy, pero muy positivo en este aspecto.

A pesar de ser un mosaico de culturas y gente en mí país, todos nos vemos como una unidad, y todos compartimos las mismas costumbres y tradiciones, no importa nuestro origen racial.

All in all there's a good side and bad side of this. It ain't as black or white.
Sobre todo es por que la Television es lo que vende.
Una de las dos Televisoras con mas influencia en la poblacion es Television Azteca, ellos llaman en sus anuncios a la Seleccion Mexicana : " La Seleccion Azteca" eso debe Influir en los aficionados del football para tomar ese comportamiento y vestirse como guerreros aztecas.

Y claro, la otra Televisora Televisa nunca hace referencia a la Seleccion Mexicana como La seleccion Azteca. es curioso.

Es comun el racismo y la discriminacion en Mexico, los mexicanos tratan mucho peor a los centro americanos que cruzan ilegalmente a mexico, pero hay Alarma en Mexico cuando los Americanos maltratan a sus paisanos.

Sparkly Survivor

26,525 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I think the problem here is that not everybody understand the difference between the mestizo majority whose culture is closer to the Spanish and the Indigenous groups that maintain their original culture and are abused because of that.
I mean sure we are descendants from Indigenous groups, but what do we do about the people that still follow the culture? What do we know about our ancestors cultures? What do we care?
Most people don't, and that makes the difference, Mexicans: do you speak nahuatl? Do you understand the cultural significance of the penacho? of the colors? Do you understand the importance of the temples? of the sacrifices? Of anything?
I don't know anything about the culture of the Indigenous groups of Costa Rica, that's why I don't think it's right for me to identify with them, even if I have their blood (incidentally, I don't even know which group I'm descendant from)

Liberal Genius

Maki understands exactly what I'm saying.

Thank you!! c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces