Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should MMA be an Olympic Sport?

Yes ... MMA is a sport too ... 0.6875 68.8% [ 11 ]
No ... way too violent ... 0.3125 31.2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 >

So what do you think MMA as an Olympic sport?
Hell yes ... if boxing, judo, and wrestling part of the Olympics ... why not MMA ...
Wouldn't that be in the Summer Games?

Star-Crossed Saint

14,425 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Cleric 100
Salmay

That's what I was thinking. xD
I think that it would belong in the summer games. the committee would have to remove a game in order to make room for this one. i think MMA could have a possibility. i mean i never thought BMX would ever be an olympic sport yet it made its debut in the '08 summer games.
Salmay
OtReBoR88
I think that it would belong in the summer games. the committee would have to remove a game in order to make room for this one. i think MMA could have a possibility. i mean i never thought BMX would ever be an olympic sport yet it made its debut in the '08 summer games.

Didn't they just drop baseball?

Edited to add:

Yes. Baseball and softball have been dropped from the 2012 Olympics. Could come back for the 2016 unless two new sports are added.
Regardless of what season ... would MMA be a good candidate for an Olympic sport ...

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
MMa is pretty cool! biggrin
Anyones else ... come on ...
I don't think it should be an Olympic sport. Not enough countries participate in it, and there are not supposed to be professionals in Olympics.

And rugby will be introduced in the 2012 games.
BTagged
I don't think it should be an Olympic sport. Not enough countries participate in it, and there are not supposed to be professionals in Olympics.

And rugby will be introduced in the 2012 games.

And rugby has lots of countries that participate it ...

MMA is a worldwide phenomenom ... more countries practice it than you think ...

Friendly Bookworm

They would go under the summer olympics.

I read an article earlier this week that they wanted to add pole swinging/dancing to the run, but they said "Probably not for 2012."
Full MMA, no. Elements such as BJJ, yes. The recovery time from the fights is simply too much to make it effective as an Olympic sport. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, on the other hand, is ideal for the Olympic games. Judo is a recognized sport and is the father art of BJJ, paving the way for BJJ to be recognized.

It would be interesting if the 2016 games have it as a demontration event.
BTagged
I don't think it should be an Olympic sport. Not enough countries participate in it, and there are not supposed to be professionals in Olympics

Tell that to the Hockey and Basketball teams. lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces