Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Lady Brinard

Yeah, Peter Cushing is a very good actor. Nigel Bruce was made into a dithering Watson but the actor is so loveable, though.

Gawd, Nigel Bruce. The man mumbled so much, I sometimes wonder if he had real lines at all. gonk

Though I loved the quote of his about "fat people having little dickie birds as pets".

Destitute Wench

Lychee Fruit
Lady Brinard

Yeah, Peter Cushing is a very good actor. Nigel Bruce was made into a dithering Watson but the actor is so loveable, though.

Gawd, Nigel Bruce. The man mumbled so much, I sometimes wonder if he had real lines at all. gonk

Though I loved the quote of his about "fat people having little dickie birds as pets".

Are you sure that is what he said? eek Hmmm? lol

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Lady Brinard
Lychee Fruit
Lady Brinard

Definitely! "There ought to be a law against fat people owning little dickie birds as pets!"

Dickie bird is slang for a small songbird, btw.

It was how Moriarty lured him away to isolate Holmes - with a claim over the telephone that a fat woman had fallen and injured herself (one can only assume she fell while tending to her bird, or fell *on* it, causing a hilarious tragedy). Well... it wasn't the best Holmes movie ever made. XD

Destitute Wench

Lychee Fruit
Lady Brinard
Lychee Fruit
Lady Brinard

Definitely! "There ought to be a law against fat people owning little dickie birds as pets!"

Dickie bird is slang for a small songbird, btw.

It was how Moriarty lured him away to isolate Holmes - with a claim over the telephone that a fat woman had fallen and injured herself (one can only assume she fell while tending to her bird, or fell *on* it, causing a hilarious tragedy). Well... it wasn't the best Holmes movie ever made. XD

I knew a dickie bird refers to a song bird but it be taken another way. redface I know I am bad. I do recall it after you described the scene. lol

MissShadowCat's Spouse

Demonic Cultist

diantichrist
Is forever my mind's image of Sherlock Holmes. Robert Downey Jr will never be Sherlock Holmes and I curse Guy Ritchie for destroying my most beloved fictional character.

Robert Downey Jr is a great actor, and I can see why they chose him to play Sherlock, since he has a history playing characters with that type of personality, but I do agree that those movies weren't very good. Basil Rathbone is a classic and undoubtedly the best, though as far as modern Sherlock goes, Benedict Cumberbatch does a very good job.

Anxious Spirit

English Elegance
diantichrist
Is forever my mind's image of Sherlock Holmes. Robert Downey Jr will never be Sherlock Holmes and I curse Guy Ritchie for destroying my most beloved fictional character.

Robert Downey Jr is a great actor, and I can see why they chose him to play Sherlock, since he has a history playing characters with that type of personality, but I do agree that those movies weren't very good. Basil Rathbone is a classic and undoubtedly the best, though as far as modern Sherlock goes, Benedict Cumberbatch does a very good job.

I enjoy three Robert Downey Jr movies: Tropic Thunder, Natural Born Killers, and Weird Science. Of the three I only consider Natural Born Killers to be great, and he isn't the star.
I don't know what roles he has played that bring to mind Sherlock Holmes personality, but I don't think that his Sherlock series conveys the personality of the original Sherlock character at all. Besides, my real complaint is that Guy Ritchie turned my beloved detective into a pseudo super hero.

I have nothing against Downey. Honestly, when I hear the name Robert Downey Jr the first thing that comes to my mind is him being so high on drugs that he broke into a strangers house and passed out in their (kids?) bed. Ahh......good time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff