Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Sex Symbol

Arkan Magnus
broken_bleeding_angel
"I choose to call it being 'reborn'. But yes, I did die." She nodded before stifling a yawn. "Not that I wanted to."

Arkan nods a little then tilts his head. "Sleepy?"

She nodded."Just a little. Keeping this form is a bit taxing. Hence why you've only seen me for short amounts of time."

Desirable Sex Symbol

ATTENTION DREAMERS!

Contests are now closed!

Art and writing winners are posted on the front page! Send a pm to Summanus the Dream King to collect your prizes! ♥

Auron Stormblade's Princess

Star Seeker

23,800 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
((Wow... It feels kind of strange being here, seeing as how the contests are over and no one seems to be replying anymore. I guess this means even the Eternal Masquerade has an end?

Anyway, I just wanted to say to everyone how much I enjoyed roleplaying here in the thread with all of you. To be honest, this is the first time I have EVER participated in a Gaia user-run ball. I had so much fun.

[Winning the title of "Queen of Fantasy" AND "Queen of the Ball" is a happy, totally unexpected surprise, too. Overall, though, in comparison to everything I've read through in this thread, that was just a bonus. And I mean it.]

My only regret is that I wasn't able to participate more because of the different time zone I live in. I wish I could have had the time to make friends with Summanus and Lunae, play with Caliban more, debate with Giselle and hang out with Mayura (and maybe even tease Brom at the cost of my life)!

Again... Thank you, everyone, for making my very first Gaia ball a very happy memory. I shall cherish it forever. Really. ^_^))

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Shexylle Stradivari
((Wow... It feels kind of strange being here, seeing as how the contests are over and no one seems to be replying anymore. I guess this means even the Eternal Masquerade has an end?

Anyway, I just wanted to say to everyone how much I enjoyed roleplaying here in the thread with all of you. To be honest, this is the first time I have EVER participated in a Gaia user-run ball. I had so much fun.

[Winning the title of "Queen of Fantasy" AND "Queen of the Ball" is a happy, totally unexpected surprise, too. Overall, though, in comparison to everything I've read through in this thread, that was just a bonus. And I mean it.]

My only regret is that I wasn't able to participate more because of the different time zone I live in. I wish I could have had the time to make friends with Summanus and Lunae, play with Caliban more, debate with Giselle and hang out with Mayura (and maybe even tease Brom at the cost of my life)!

Again... Thank you, everyone, for making my very first Gaia ball a very happy memory. I shall cherish it forever. Really. ^_^))

oh ya congrats on winning the titles, they are well deserved ^^, I wish I could have particated much more but when being a cosplayer and having 3 days to make 3 costumes in + had an allnighter all the first night and was pretty close not having slept 48 hours last night around the time with the dragons appearing I missed the end and the closine ceremony. * note to self: never have a pillow by your side in the couch when youre having allnighters in a row * Its a shame with the timezone differences though. Would hav loved to particate some more but tha obviously idnt happen.

Thanks for a short but great time, maybe we will meet again some day at an other occasion..?

GalateasFire's Husband

Dangerous Lunatic

Shexylle Stradivari

Azkian Treinz

(((So glad to hear you had fun! smile Hopefully we will see you again next year for the 11th annual ball! smile )))

Blessed Dabbler

7,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
How long had she waited for something as exciting as this to come along? The alcohol she had ingested the previous night had lulled her to sleep--much to her dissatisfaction. She hoped, however, that when she awoke once again, she'd find herself in the very same ballroom she had gone on an adventure with the romantic sir Caliban and the flirty sir Brom. Unfortunately, when her eyes fluttered open, she did not meet the fantastic grandeur that she was had grown accustomed to seeing. Instead, there was nothing but the empty ballroom, faded memories of laughter and music distantly playing within the crevices of her mind. She folded her arms across her chest, her pointed tail refusing to playfully swish as it had the previous night.

She sighed.

Her gray eyes looked onto the spacious hollow, taking steps forward into the middle of the room. Her heels echoed amidst the silence, a bone crushing loneliness seeping through her. She stopped dead center of the room, ashen eyes narrowing at something non existent. She held back the tears that welled in her eyes, forcibly wiping them away with a prideful hand. She wondered why it had to end so quickly--why her pleasant trips to the ball were cut short. And then she realized the beauty in the flaw: it was the essence of it all. Dreams were beautiful things that brought you to places that gave you joy and happiness. It filled you with all the things you wish were real and true. But Dreams come with a price--they are fleeting. Like water, you cannot fully grasp them within the palms of your hand though they leave a mark: water drops that stay sprinkle your hand as if to say, 'it was real even for a moment'.

With that, she felt a smirk light up her features, a finger pushing the monocle up her face. "It was a pleasant dream," She angled her body, dipping to a curtsy, "Thank you. Until next time. And as her eyes shut, she heard the faded sounds of cheery speech and fond laughter.

See the thing with dreams are, though fleeting, they will always be in your heart.

((I want to express my deepest gratitude to the staff of this Masquerade Ball. Though I was disheartened that I could not attend it all through out and I couldn't enjoy all the rooms as I wanted, I still had a lot of fun. I hope that I get to attend the next one; and, I also hope that it will be longer. <3 I also want to thank the staff for choosing my story as the winner among all the stories, which were all well-written. Thank you so much again and as my character says, until next time! ))

Proxy Hunter

9,600 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100

A r u r u's Waifu

Shirtless Shapeshifter

HDMI
Hot MiIk

Suddenly the ballroom began to shake, V turned around to look at the hallway behind her. It was gone. A black nothingness stood before her. A sense of calm swept over her. She was not afraid. and a cool breeze caressed her skin lightly. She smiled, and turned back towards the center of the ballroom, hiked up her dress in the most lady like fashion possible, and walked towards it's heart. After reaching the center she stood there for a while, watching everyone else in their conversations and dance. She held out a hand, as if reaching for someone. "Until we meet again.." a tear rolled down her cheek. She didn't bother to wipe it away, the motion felt meaningless, as her tear crystallized and dropped to the floor, shattering into a million pieces. Like the dust of shattered glass, the shining pieces whirled around her, and her form began to fade from the place where she stood. "Thank you.." she muttered to the room itself. She knew it wouldn't be long now. Her fading memories, headaches and confusion. She knew she would forget this place, like a dream you forget as soon as you wake. But she knew, the people she met here, were real. Are real. And she was determined to find them. One way or another..

"Until we meet again, my friends, thank you for everything....farewell..." her words slowly faded. And with them, so did she.

HDMl
You must live for today, because yesterday is gone, and tomorrow may never come.
██████████████████████████████████████████

(...Brilliant))

HDMl

Looking forwards to yours. <3

Shirtless Humorist

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Awaking one final time in the grand castle Sylvia stood and stretched out her body. With wobbling feet she made her way past other sleeping guests and found herself headed towards the ballroom. There a woman stood, arms crossed and lips moving, but Sylvia was too far away to hear. As she climbed through a sea of bodies to see what the woman was doing the woman vanished with the wind with one last word. 'Farewell.'

Sylvia's eyes widened as some of the others started to fade as well. Even the halls and hanging chandelier began to fade into blackness. "....no...." Sylvia whispered as she frantically looked around. Accepting this dream was to be over was far too much for her mind to handle. "No, no, no, no, no...." She kept mumbling to herself as she lifted her dress and ran towards the garden area. Blackness enveloped behind her as she raced through the corridors of the castle and out the gate into the garden's labyrinth. Tears now flowing from her blue and brown eyes fell and disappeared before hitting the ground. Sylvia kicked of her heels and ran faster until she once again found the field of tall grass she laid in for comfort. All of her memories, all off the friends, all of the laughs and heartbreak. All of it was going to be lost, but she smiled as she sank into the grass. Pulling her knees into her chest, her tears still flowing, Sylvia began to sing the hymn she'd sang while she remembered all of the times she had.

"I will see you all again someday." She spoke softly. Blackness reached the field and had taken most of the sky. Next would be her, and with one last verse and one last tear, a smile grew on her face. "Until we meet again." Sylvia faded into the darkness still humming her hymn.

Omnipresent Demigod

Shexylle Stradivari

HDMl
You must live for today, because yesterday is gone, and tomorrow may never come.

(( It does feel strange yeah))

HDMl

Shy Genius

16,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • PvP 200
  • Dressed Up 200
This was honestly the best fun I ever had, even if I was the bad guy. ( Who didn't get noticed as much as I thought I would ) And do the people who have the contests have the prizes? Or do we have to PM the people who had the prizes to give them to us?

Shirtless Humorist

9,750 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
HDMI

(( I laughed because no one was voted a winner in the art contest lol ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff