Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:17 pm
User Image
That urge had gotten the best of Sekizen. He simply couldn't stay in his normal world anymore, the adolescent just had to leave to see the world. Of course he'd go back, but he had to see what was out there

Not only what was out there, but who was out there. "Nix..." His voice was quiet, almost inaudiable, but soft. It had been growing on him for a while now. Sekizen liked, no, loved Nix, he was sure of it. He'd met her when he was a cub, but she was a goddess! She'd never grow old, she'd never die. Now that he was older, he was sure he could get her heart.

And so he hadn't only set out to see the world, but to search for the one he longed to find.

The outside world, though, was scary. He was finding it difficult to find a kill, and found himself sleeping in the open- in the cold, without his family there to keep him warm and safe. It was harsher out here, and he was beginning to think the move had been a mistake.

The sun hadn't rose long ago, and the lion hadn't slept well at all. Tiredly, he rose to his feet and moved on, hoping not to run into anyone who would give him trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:32 pm
User Image

Ku was in much the same situation as he was, actually. She had wandered away from her home too, but rather than just wanting to explore, she had been searching for her sister. Rather unsuccessfully too.

While at first it was an exiting adventure, now it was just aimless wandering through the vast, flat, grassy land. There were few trees, not nearly enough to give decent shade or to climb on to get a better view. The water didn't flow freely in rivers so much as in watering holes scattered here and there. There was little green and even less that the little Leopon could catch and eat.

Kumbuko hated it.

She had no idea how long she'd been wandering, but at this point, enough was enough. She wanted to go home. She wanted her family. She wanted to feel safe again, but no matter how far she went in any direction, she didn't seem any closer to home, or, in fact, to anywhere else.

Starving from her lack of food, and dizzy from dehydration, Kumbu flopped down onto the ground, hardly caring if she ever got up again. Unless she could find someone to help her soon, her situation may very well be fatal.

Atheare

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:00 pm
His green eyes caught sight of a black figure on the horizon, and he headed to it without question. He had no idea if he was in pridal lands, no idea if the black creature ahead was a scout, or anything dangerous, but he found the closer he got that it was smaller than he was- a strange thing, as he was usually smaller than others. Not only that, but it was... He couldn't tell. Sekizen hadn't ever seen anything like it in his life! It wasn't a lion, but what could it be? It looked kinda lion-y...

"Hey!" He called to it, disregarding all cautious thoughts. He was sure that if it was dangerous, he could outrun it.

"Hey," he said softer as he got closer, "hey, are you alright?" He asked the black creature flopped on the ground. He lowered his head to it's level. It was female, whatever it was.

He poked it's shoulderblade, hoping it would move. "Can you walk?" He asked her, hoping she would give a sign of life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:06 pm
Ku's ears perked up at the sound of someone approaching. Would they want to help her? She opened her eyes to see a white lion standing over her, and poking her shoulder.

"I... Only a little bit." She grunted, standing up with much difficulty. She was almost surprised to hear words when she spoke; it had been so long since she had spoken. The time when she had met Trigger seemed forever ago.

"M-my name is Kumbuko. Ku for short... Do you know where there is any water around here?"

Atheare

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:31 pm
He knew there was water, but from what he'd seen, there was no way she was going to make it there, and she was too big to carry by the scruff... It was a bit beyond where his last "camp" was, which consisted of a shade tree and a rock, with a water hole beyond that, but not too far beyond it. From here, the shade tree stood above the horizon only about the size of a bug, but if he ran they'd get there quickly.

"There's water a long way back, I can carry you there," He offered lowering himself so if she was willing, she could climb on. He considered taking her by force if she didn't come. She wouldn't last long without it, it seemed.

"I'm Sekizen, by the way," He said, inching closer as if that would egg her on to get on. This was, certainly, the worst shape he'd seen anyone in, even worse than him right now. Sekizen could at least down a rabbit or two when he needed, and he was good at finding water, but this one looked as if she hadn't eaten in days... Maybe even weeks. His sheltered life was certainly coming to a close, the real world could only be described by the word "harsh."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:01 am
Ku gave a weak smile, and nodded, "Thank you, Sekizen." She said softly, carefully climbing onto his back and for the first time in ages, she relaxed. She didn't know why, but she trusted this lion. She trusted that he'd take her to water, she trusted that she'd live because of him.

"You don't happen to know which direction the jungle is in, do you?" She asked weakly, not expecting much, but still hoping. "I miss my family..." She trailed off, feeling like a young cub again. No longer independent, but relying on her mother for everything. She had to face it, she wasn't ready for life on her own, not yet. Even if she found her sister, would it do any good? She was likely just as badly of as Ku was out here, and she'd still not know how to get home.

"Why did I ever leave?" She whispered softly, more to herself than Sekizen.

Atheare

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:12 am
"The jungle..." he repeated, trying to remember if what he was thinking was right. He started walking. "That should be... Geez, I think it's northwest of home," he said, not thinking for a moment that she didn't know where his home was. "Northwest of the Pridelands, which are directly north from here," He told her. "But be careful. Off the Prideland borders to the north are the Firekin," he said, knowing that they weren't typically nice. "And to the west is the Maziko pride. Two groups not to be messed with. But theres a gap between pridal lands, and if you're heading up that gap, you're guarenteed to hit the jungle."

He had heard her comment, and decided that it was a rhetorical question. He'd asked himself the same question in the few days he had been out here, how pathetic of him. Other lions lived out here- but they probably didn't live alone.

Either way, he didn't like it, and they were quickly approaching the tree. "From here it's only about five more minutes," He said to the creature on his back. He'd ask her what she was when she was hydrated. Plus there were plenty of rabbits, easy to catch, so she could probably have a meal too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:41 am
Ku smiled again, though she knew that he couldn't see it, "It sounds dangerous getting there. Maybe I'll stay here for a while. At least until I get my strength back." She didn't like the sound of the Firekin, or the Maziko for that matter, but it seemed rather peaceful here. Not as much as home, and much more difficult to live in, but she didn't want to go into hostile territory.

Ku let out a sigh of relief, glad that her long, parched days would be over soon. She was so used to being able to catch fish in the same river she drank from, that she had forgotten that food and water were separate things. At least, she had forgotten until she made the mistake of wandering off from the jungle.

"So, are you a lion?" She asked curiously, trying to make sure she knew what he was. She had only met two lions before, and it was hard to be sure of the difference. She hadn't ever met a male leopard, so for all she knew they could have manes as well.

Atheare

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:50 am
"Heh," Sekizen chuckled. "Yes, I'm a lion. It might be hard to tell, my mane's not all grown in yet, but it's coming!" He said, blowing a tuft of it out of his line of vision. Almost there.

"If you don't mind my asking, what are you? I don't think I've ever seen anything like you- not in the Pridelands, anyway," He said. Certainly she would know what she was.

"Here we go. It's a small water hole, but at least it's water," he said, lowering himself so she could climb off easily. It was small, if he were to wade out into the deepest part of it, the water only would come up to Sekizen's elbows. But that was still a lot of water, and it looked clear and fresh.

He turned his attention to anything that might be moving in the grass- a rabbit would be a perfect thing for him to hunt. As of now, it was the only thing the adolescent was really good at catching.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:43 am
Ku laughed weakly, "Good, I'm getting better at telling things apart. Do only lions have manes?" She was expecting that question. Everybody seemed to think that she was strange, because there weren't very many creatures like her. She had her answer all ready.

"I'm half lion, half leopard." She said with a nod, climbing off his back and scampering over to the water as quickly as she could and lapping it up. "I'm also half god, half mortal." She said proudly between drinks, enjoying the cool, refreshing water as it slid down her throat.

She let out another sigh of relief after drinking her fill, and sat up, watching Sekizen. "What are you looking for?"

Atheare

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:45 am
Sekizen laughed. "I think only lions have manes, yes. I haven't seen anything else with a mane." He sat and thought for a moment. No, he definitely hadn't seen anything else with one.

"Half lion half leopard!" He said. "That's really cool, I've never met anyone half-and-half before. That's awesome," he said, genuinely excited. It must be awesome to get the best of both species. He was kind of jealous. Then she added her demi-god status. "Half god too?" He cocked his head. Perhaps she could help him!

First thing's first, though. Food. "Rabbits," He answered her last question promptly. "I'll be right back, sit tight," he told her as he bounded off into the tall grass, quickly becoming invisible. He had seen someone move out here... Sure enough, rabbit scent was in the air, not far off. It made a move, broke a stiff blade of grass, giving it's position away quickly. Sekizen lept, caught it, killed it, and was on his way back to the water hole. He was lucky to have found one so quickly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:12 pm
"Thanks, most everyone seems to think that it's weird..." She shrugged, "I like what I am though." She nodded, "Yep, my father is Limbuko, God of Pleasure." She said simply, "I have visions in my sleep sometimes, but I don't always know what they mean."

Ku perked up her ears, wondering what a rabbit was. She had seen some long-eared creatures running around, but they were too fast for her to catch. Before she had time to wonder if those were rabbits, she saw Sekizen coming back with one.

"How did you catch that? They are way too fast for me." Her mouth hung open slightly, in awe of his hunting skills.

Atheare

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:21 pm
"You've gotta sneak up on them. Get really close, it's kinda hard to do. I can't catch much else than this," he said after setting it down and pushing it towards her. "You have it, I had a big kill the other day. Someone was nice enough to share it with me." He thought back to the blue lioness. Gosh, that was nice of her. He still felt bad for having eaten her whole kill, but she hadn't seemed to mind. So much for sharing...

"I'm looking for someone, a goddess. The goddess of lightning, Nix'Annada, have you seen her?" He asked. What would he do when he finally met her again? Would it be horribly awkward, or would everything come naturally? He decided not to worry about it until it happened.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:29 pm
"Really? Thanks!" Ku pulled the rabbit a bit closer to herself and took a large bite, enjoying the taste of meat for the first time in days. She hadn't had much experience sharing, or having manners of any kind really, so she didn't feel the need to offer any back to him once he gave it to her. But at the same time, it meant that she hadn't been expecting anything from him, so it was a nice surprise.

After a few more large bites, she shook her head, "I have only ever met my father, I'm sorry." She glanced around, as if the goddess might be watching them from somewhere, "But if you've ever met her, it shouldn't be too hard to find her. My father says that if we ever need him, he will be there, so if you need her, she should come."

Atheare

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:18 pm
Sekizen had never imagined that it would be that easy. Ask, and she'd come? He doubted it, but he'd never tried it. He logged the idea away- he would wait until he was alone to do that. He would want to get to know her again...

He brought himself back to the present, sitting down watching her scarf. "You must have been hungry, when's the last time you ate?" She was skinny, horribly so. Poor little leopard-lion. He only hoped the rabbit was enough to sustain her for a while. That was all he could do- hope. He supposed he could follow her. If not following spelled death for her, though, it was imperitive that he went.

.:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff