Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Star Gate Command (Decommissioned)

Back to Guilds

Reply Dead Worlds
Something wrong (EVERYONE welcome. Base personnel included.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otachi Drift

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:10 pm

What I am...

Even before the medical team had arrived, they could be heard through the comm systems, speaking with other members of the base, security teams and the like, trying to gather as much intel on what had happened, though Feral chose to go directly to the source and asked for SFB and JL.
For a moment there was the sharp crackle of static, then Feral’s voice cut through, “We have secured a zone off of the main infirmary for quarantine. Now, can someone explain the victims symptoms?”
Infectious disease was not her area of expertise, but one of the doctors she had snagged for the medical team was, but she added, “Anyone who has come into any contact with him should remain in the gateroom until one of my staff checks them over.”
A precaution…she had heard stories of other infectious diseases escaping and attacking not only the humans on the base, but those in the surrounding areas.

...is NOT a disease you can CURE...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:24 pm
(Hearing Feral's message over the com, Labby looked to see if the others had gotten the message. Then she received a quick message from outside and sent it though to the Gate room)

Ok, medical teams are here. Please allow them to check you out before being cleared to leave the Gate area. Everyone else who is not of high priority will be scanned after the higher ups.

(After giving the announcement, Labby and her team continued with their Gate work)  

Lily Labtech
Crew

3,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Snow Fairy Blood
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:30 pm
(SFB pulled out her radio once more and patched into the medical channel)

Col.SFB here, we are now being inspected by medical teams. Once we are cleared, we will be heading your way Feral, and hopefully we will have some information you might find useful.

(Turning off her radio, she turned to look at JL and Space)

Hehe, well as long as we are cleared to leave. I know I am okay, and hopefully you two are as well. Either way, we are all going to have to get chacked out.

(Turning to the medical teams entering)

Man (sigh), I hate in depth medical scans.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:23 pm

What I am...

The last of the mobile medical team entered the room and did basic checks of all of the people that had come into contact with the team after they had returned to the base, while others made sure that all of the hallways were cleared.
There would need to be a decontamination after this, quarantine the areas and then make sure they were safe to enter again.

Feral nodded slightly, a meaningless gesture when talking to someone over the radio, "Understood...the infection is transmitted by skin touch, correct? If this is so, you should be cleared soon...medical bay is prepped for your arrival."
With that, she ended her transmission and began to double check everything that she had set up...a decontamination chamber for each person entering the ward, and a place to safely dispose of the hazmats blocked the entrance.

Better safe than sorry.

Even as she prepared for the worst, the staff of doctors she had sent were already sweeping in among the survivors, doing a basic check of each person and clearing a few of them, though they lingered worryingly over Space and JL.

Otachi Drift

Dapper Lunatic

Phoebe 3in 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:52 pm
Hearing the announcements over the PA sysem, Hathor rummaged through her top drawer in her quarters, grabbing the Goa'uld healing device and headed for the infirmary. She hoped to be of some service, but was unsure if she could. She waited impatiently outside Ferals door, hoping for some instruction.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:57 am
((Please be aware, for plot's sake, Space needs to be cleared wink Neehhehehehe... That and JL is gonna totally freak out when she see's Hathor XD Bwaaaahahah...))

JL was greatful for SFB's support on her arm. It took a way a little of the feeling that she was about to land on her bum or perhaps on her head. It was hard to tell with the room spinning. She listened to the radio chatter kinda half heartedly but did pay attention to anything that would involve the gateroom. Heh. A quarantine. She really -did- hope Space hadn't touched Matthews. As the Medical teams checked her over, she sighed, hating ever second fo it, much like the colonel. Not fun at all.

Once they were cleared, JL was glad to finally get out of the gate room. Her arm felt better though, it didn't feel liek ti was bleeding any more. Infact, it didn't hurt -quite- so much either. Maybe she was immagining it, but never mind.  

Jupiter Lightning
Vice Captain

Wing Commander Space

1,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:18 am
Space followed, the medical team at the door had given her the all-clear, news she had been relieved to hear. She disliked the stillness of quarantine. Obviously personal had cleared it for safety reasons, but still, it was creepy to see the base so seemingly unmoving.

As for hating in depth medical scans, she couldn't say she'd ever had one before.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:38 pm
(SFB was the first done with the medical scan. All scans were negative like she thought they would be)

Well, now that I am clear, I just gotta wait for JL and Space. Hopefully they will be done soon, and I suppose Labby got's the Gate under control. Well, may as well get back on the net.

(Pulling back out the radio, SFB started her report)

Feral, this is SFB, I have just been cleared from the Gate area and will be heading your way as soon as JL and Space are cleared. I will be sending the remaining medical staff to your location to assist with Sgt.Matthews once we have a way to transport him.

To all medical personel not currently active, this is Col.SFB, we need your assistance at the medical bay ASAP. To all base personel, we have a quaratine situation in the Gate and medical rooms. Please avoid these areas unless if you have medical experience. To all marine units, you are now allowed to stand down, but please remain on stand-by for the time being. Col.SFB out.

(With her radio checks done, SFB waited for JL and Space's checks to be completed)  

Snow Fairy Blood
Captain

Silas The Knave Of Hearts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:47 pm
More alarms blared as the gate techs announced

"unauthorised Off -world activation"

one of the team said it was SG-4's IDC..
Captain Casey was asking to return home..

(PLOT TWIST... CAPT CASEY HAS BEEN BRAINWASHED BY THE ORI..HE IS A PRIOR... BUT YE DONT KNOW THAT YET OK)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:44 pm

What I am...

ooc|
-flails a bit- Dan, if you bring the plague down upon us, I swear to god I'm going to suck the life out of you ;>.> <3
-settles down to watch the chaos that is going to ensue from this plot twist-

this be getting exciting biggrin

XD I hope JL doesn't flip out too much at Hathor in the infirmary...Feral needs her there.
ic|

Feral glanced up when the klaxons sounded again, but was too busy prepping her staff for more in depth scans to really question them.
Though she did pop her head out of the infirmary when she had a moment, spotting Hathor as she did so, and a look of relief washed over what could be seen of her face, "We're going to need you," she said, thankful that the goddess had arrived, "Some of the incomming patients were injured...once we tend to any injuries, it would be most helpful if you could assist in closing them."
Plus...extra hands were always welcome.

Space wasn't the only one who didn't like quarantine, Feral hated it...the base felt dead, and for a moment she stared down the hall before moving back into the controlled chaos that was her domain, hitting her commlink to respond to SFB, "We can send a team in hazmats with a stretcher to assist in transportation." She then switched to the open channel and added smoothly, "The rest of you may beging to make your way to the infirmary...there is a decontamination chamber that I ask you to pass through first..."
The way she said it made it seem as though nothing strange was happening at all.

Otachi Drift

Dapper Lunatic

Jupiter Lightning
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:34 am
|OOC| Oh man, Dan... Please be careful with that as I have this plot all worked out nicely. There's a lot more too it then you can currentley see. x.x'

*edit* XD Or attack JL while she's sleeping XD Poor thing ;-; ^^'|

JL too was checked over by the staff and was cleared. She noted SFB had been too as well as Space. The General headed for the door after SFB and out into the corridor after Space. She looked edgy and this wasn't helped by her hair being stuck to her face with sweat from escaping whatever had happened and her BDU's a little torn and worse for wear. Her vest was still intact but suprisingly weapon-free for JL though she did have her zat strapped to her thigh as usual. JL pushed her hair from her face, noting the quiet corridor. "Ah. Peace at last." She mumbled quietly to herself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:41 am
eek Unsure still of what exactly hd happened, the Godess followed the worried doctor, careful not to make contact with any skin. Although she felt quite assured that her Symbiote would protect her from any deadly viruses.
"Feral, where shall we begin?"

Phoebe 3in 1

Silas The Knave Of Hearts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:55 am
OOC: @JL dont worry its more of a subplot to entertain,
and HA JL TAKE THAT>>>>>> lol...
@Feral: course its a prior plague and yes it is my fault.. well kinda.
just try and suck the life outta me..
Just lock me up and have the rest of SG4 work on me, that'll keep emm busy.. im just bein annoyin now... might edit that post..OK FORGET THE PRIOR THING... NORMAL DAN AT GATE>>>> OPEN UP!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:06 am
Unaware that SG-4 had been off-world, as the tannoy barked out their leader's return, she sighed. The sudden noise in the still had made her jump; not an experience she much cared for. She looked over her shoulder, back to where the General was, and had to admit, she'd looked better. She reminded herself that it was in a sympathetic tone, and only to herself, that she noted this change in the normally cheerful General.

Wing Commander Space

1,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Otachi Drift

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:02 pm

What I am...

ooc|
Very bad, Space XD

-pokes Dan- You're lucky I promised not to eat base personel ;>.> and I could so get you ;>.> Wraith so PWN the Ori...

ic|
Feral hadn't bothered with a Hazmat just yet, though she kept a medical mask on, as well as gloves, but that was more to keep anything from transfering from patient to patient.
"One of the offworld teams...with the archaeologists...some infectious disease killed many of them, and it appears that the disease came with them though the Stargate." She paused slightly and looked around, "apparently it is transmitted by touch...I am unsure if you or I would be able to carry or transmit the disease...but until we know what we are dealing with, it would be best if you refrained from touching anyone that enters this room."
One of the mobile doctors alerted her that they were beginning to transport the infected to the infirmary.

Dead Worlds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces