Maps and monsters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:22 am
ok here's a map of Nippon.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here's some creatures for the RP. Now you can make up your own evil creatures, but for anyone wanting a pre made one here you go. (pictures came from the L5R rpg but i basically changed the names or changed what the creature was all about for my rp.)

Ratling User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- a nomadic humanoid rat creature. lives in the shadowlands swamp. loves to kill humans. a strong fighter in a group of ratlings, but alone is usually very easy to scare off.

Dragons User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-very large extremely long lived creatures. have varying magical powers. some can fly. some can breath fire, etc... all of them are very hard to hurt & very strong. some Dragons have lived for centuries in the forest of Nippon.

Flesh eatersUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - these creatures are very dangerous. humanoid in shape, with long claws for tearing flesh & teeth sharp as a razor for biting into you. come from the shadowlands swamp.

Turtle MenUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. - live mainly in the desert. they walk like a man. fight like a man & have the strength of 5 men. can't stand the cold so usually stay out of the upper regions of the mountains. not very smart, but very deadly.

Ape MenUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- live a peaceful life in the mountains along side the phoenix clan. very adept at magic & martial arts fighting.

TrollUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- a short yet tuff creature. can be found in both the swamp or the mountains. hates the Ape Men. strong for there size & very adept at making magical weapons.

OctopiUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-a very smart race of octopus. transformed by magic centuries ago. live in the sea of tears. able to live on land as well. mortal enemies of the crab clan. feirce warriors with some limited magical skill.

SpiritsUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-can be both good or evil. some are our ancestors that have died. others are very mischevious or evil creatures from the nether realms. there are even elemental spirits living in harmony with nature. the world of Nippon is full of spirits if you know where to look.

GargoylesUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- an ancient race of bat like creatures. can often be found in the forest, mountains, & Ako city. very strong with thick skin making them hard to hurt. fairly intelegent creatures that live in groups. some people believe they are a myth. only statues that sit on the high walls of the palace. really they sleep there until night then they move around looking for food.

YetiUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- live in the mountains. they prefer a cold climate. physically superior to humans, but mentally inferior. they derive there crude magic from the mountains themselves. able to create snow or ice storms when fighting. there fur hide is worth alot if you can kill one.

Raven WarriorUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- Mighty winged creatures that live in the forest. They have been both friends & enemies of the dragon clan. They are born with the ability to read minds.

GroenUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- Creatures that wander thru the forest. They are very strong, but also very stupid. Prefer to live in a group.

InuUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- A fox type creature. Live at peace with most creatures in the forest, but can be easily angered into fighting. They are very intelegent & spiritual creatures. Most learn the magical arts at a very young age.

ChikushouUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- Beast men that live in the desert. A very brutish tribe of creatures. Prefer weapons & natural strength over magic. Are allways at odds with the scorpion clan.

Sune-kuUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- Half man & half snake these warriors live in the desert. They have powerful magic as well as can spit poisin at their enemies.

MuchakuchaUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-These mighty beasts roam the forest & plains lands. Very friendly & tame creatures. Some samurai have tamed one of these creatures to ride into battle. They are as strong as fifty men & stand an average of 12 feet tall.

TategamiUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- Animal like creatures that live in the desert. They roam in either packs or alone attacking others for their treasures & flesh. Many a scorpion clan warrior has died at the hands of these beasts. None have ever shown magical skill. Prefer to fight with daggers or tooth & claw.

vessels are mortal beings that have been inhabited by a spirit, they come in 2 forms or mixes between the two, passive and possesive. with passive the host person retains all control of the body and also gets a varying amount of control over any abilitys the spirit originaly had. with possesive the spirit takes over the body to gain a physical form, the type is dependant on the will power of the host VS. the will power of the spirit, if their about equal then they might share control. the spirits can only gain access to the host body if it is on the verge of death and after entering usualy keeps the body alive untill it can sustain its self, i say usualy becuase even some injuries are to much for the spirits. once someone becomes a vessel there is usualy some minor change in the persons appearince, weather it be eye color hair color or something else is totaly random. the role of the spirit in being a vessel is not exclusive to elemental spirits or even good spirits, but the spirits do tend to pick people who would fight less against their being there, for instance an evil spirit will probably pick a murderer or villan of some sort while a good spirit would most likly chose someone who aspires to help people. becomeing a vessel can also have unpredictable effects including but not limited to increased strength,agility,and senses along with the always possible emotional problems, covering the whole spectrum from making someone think their god(which usualy comes with the evil spirits and the cases where the hosts will is so much stronger then the spirits that they dont even notice its there) to utter depression and social seclution (created by lily564a)
Air ElementalUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- magical force of nature. has a mind & is rather smart, but also does things randomly as nature would. is an immortal being. will be around as long as the world is. can be harmed, but not killed. to kill an elemental would mean destroying the world. controls the weather. can absorb other magics to grow stronger. best way to contain an air elemental is with an earth related magics. does not like the earth elemental. is immune to alchemy.
Earth ElementalUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- these elementals are very strong. their strength is equal to that of 100 men. is an immortal being. will be around as long as the world is. can be harmed, but not killed. to kill an elemental would mean destroying the world. controls the earth elements. dirt, rocks, trees, etc... can create earthquakes. best way to temporarily stop this creature is with water or fire. water to make it's mud like appearance soft & dissapear or fire to harden it's muddy shell so can be destroyed. it will eventually reform elsewhere. enemies with the air elemental.
Fire ElementalUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-these creatures generally stay in the mountain area where they live in a volcanoe. can be called forth to do anothers bidding. controls all things related to heat & fire. is made of fire. can cause molten lava to burst forth from the ground. is immortal & will last as long as the world does.
Water ElementalUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- controls all things related to water. from the mightiest oceans to moisture in the air. can create powerful waves in the oceans or float thru the air as a fine mist. usually on good terms with the air elemental. fears fire magics, but will fight it if the need arises.
BeholderUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.- Very mean creatures. They don't even like their own kind. When one Beholder sees another one It will attack. They can fly using this as an advantage for attack by doing fly by biting. Very sharp teeth. Like to steal other creatures magical items even if not able to use all of them do to body shape. (ex: boots, sheilds, etc...) Each tentacle has an eye on it. The main center eye can project magic beams such as telekinesis for picking up & throwing objects, or disintegrate rays to destroy trees, rocks etc... Location is anywhere on Nippon it decides to make a home.

ying-yang mag: a weird anchint artifact creature capable of two things. the white side heals and the dark side attacks. the two work together as a team and the only way to beat the is to seperate them first and beat them indiviualy. they connect together fast so work as a team. found in shrines and the uncharted teritory.

diamond golem:a big golem made of diamond. the blades it uses are pure diamond. everything is pure diamond. in fact the creatures only weak point is the eye but to get to it you must climb the sharp spikes sticking out. but if you see one and your alone just run for your life. no location yet.

posest armour: armour that walks around without a body and carries a weapon with it. mostly in citys.

giant eagles: these simple, majestic creatures are exactly what the name implies, they are eagles who are quite large. these creatures are very peaceful and as long as you are kind hearted, they will not attack you. if fact many have no problem giving humans rides or carrying messages. they live around the shrine mainly, but many also live at the dojo of twin dragons under the watchful eyes of the dojo master.

gumo: these creature are giant spiders.they are very agressive so if you should see one, try not to let it see you, as they are very poisonous as well. they live mainly in the forest and swamp regions.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:07 pm
cool...are these mostly your ideas

The pictures are quite nice since it gives you a ancient China feeling

Since I'm by a shrine....I'll probably be seeing giant eagles  

MD Westland

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:16 am
first, no they aint my ideas. they is what was already here. i just reposted the topic, because the original topic make is no longer here.

second, we is in japan, not china. nippon is the ancient name for japan. nippon is the land we in.......  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:29 pm
ok...  

MD Westland

Killer5598

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:17 pm
very nice description easy to understand, ty.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:59 pm
nice thank you  

Freak_Boy4114

xPRxRioske

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:45 am
nice set of monsters i will have fun fighting them all  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:52 pm
I know I can't wait to go out in a small party and fight woth the monsters f our destiny!! XD  

cheerios8

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:09 am
I did my research on Japan, and the place is practally crawling with monsters, sperits, and demons. you couldn't fit them all in this forum, mind if I use some of the scarier ones I find? like the Japanise hopping vampire. (ninja bound in death to keep them from harming others, so they hop)
no wonder they used cremation so much almost any corpse if left out in the open could become somekind on monster.
spiderheads are nasty things, same with corpse crows, man I'm used to european monster, but japan has it's own unique roster.

Still follows the same format though.
Gods (the japanise verson) above man
Fey (earthly sperits) alongside man
Demons (Oni) below man  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:33 am
I cleaned up my old Vessels description, I'm surprised how bad I was back then

vessels are mortal beings that have been inhabited by an immortal spirit, they come in two forms or mixes between the two, passive and possessive. with passive the host person retains all control of the body and also gets a varying amount of control over any abilities the spirit originally had. with possessive the spirit takes over the body to gain a physical form, the type is dependent on the will power of the host versus the will power of the spirit, if their about equal then they might share control. the spirits can only gain access to the host body if it is on the verge of death and after entering usually keeps the body alive until it can sustain its self, I say usually because even some injuries are to much for the spirits. once someone becomes a vessel there is some minor change in the persons appearance, weather it be eye color hair color or something else is totally random.

The role of the spirit in being a vessel is not exclusive to elemental spirits or even good spirits, but the spirits do tend to pick people who would fight less against their being there, for instance an evil spirit will probably pick a murderer or villain of some sort while a good spirit would most likely chose someone who aspires to help people. becoming a vessel can also have unpredictable effects including but not limited to increased strength, agility,and senses along with the always possible emotional problems, covering the whole spectrum from making someone think their god, which usually comes with the evil spirits and the cases where the hosts will is so much stronger then the spirits that they don't even notice its there to utter depression and social seclusion  

lily564a

Parth Makeo

Romantic Lover

4,950 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:28 pm
here is one type of dragon that no one knows about.

INFINITE DRAGONS
clearly a new type of dragon. they appeared suddenly after Takara's disappearance. there actions are unclear and there is completely no information on them at all...(yet)  
Empire of the Sun

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games