Welcome to Gaia! ::

_~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_

Back to Guilds

Pokeshipping, Palletshipping and so, so much more. 

Tags: Pokemon, Romance, Yaoi, Slash, Shipping 

Reply _~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_
Why is it that people like to pair rivals together? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invisible-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:22 pm
I just have to add, I sort of see myself as Crystal and the guy I like looks like Silver. I'm also kind of his rival. (He's a higher chair than me) That somewhat adds to my love of rival pairings I guess. redface >//////<  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:49 pm
I'm not reall sure but i think it's because since they're rivals they have to admire something about them and want to work harder at it so i guess if they get past the fact they want to win against the other person they actually might show affection for each other deep down .. i don't know sweatdrop  

xAppleLily

akikoXkee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:57 pm
You know that kid who always picks on that girl on the playground? She cries about it and, later on, the boy admits he likes her? That's why.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:44 am
im not exactly sure, i think people believe that the rivals look past eachothers differences and fall into one of those love/hate ships. Atleast thts how i see it ninja

mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  

hdc169

hdc169

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:45 am
xAppleLily
I'm not reall sure but i think it's because since they're rivals they have to admire something about them and want to work harder at it so i guess if they get past the fact they want to win against the other person they actually might show affection for each other deep down .. i don't know sweatdrop

really good assumption, kinda sums it up ninja

mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:05 pm
Maybe people wanna turn their heated rivalry for heated passion... wink  

The Silent Paladin

Enduring Paladin

14,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tycoon 200

Zanui

Divine Hellraiser

9,700 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:02 pm
Well, most of the time (especially in the case of the Pokemon games), the rivals are generally pretty friendly toward each other anyway. Even when they aren't, they usually end up (grudgingly) respecting one another after some character development happens.

Of course, other aspects can be argued as well, such as fans seeing one of the rivals acting mean toward the other in order to "hide their feelings," and the always fun hatesex. xD As for why people like hatesex is a different argument, but you get the idea.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:57 pm
It helps that normally Rivals are foils of each other, adding to the "complimentary differences? idea.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Captain

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
_~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers