Back to Guilds

Tags: Renaissance, Galaxy, Anime, Boy-love, Interests 

Reply The renaissance galaxy - important information on front page
~Questions, Comment, Suggestions~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you post honestly here if you have any ideas?
  Yes, of course! Right away Ma'am!
  Yes, Sargent! But...er- Don't have any ideas right now Sargent!
  Why would I do that, Sir?! I am usless!
View Results

Iori_Yagami1990
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:04 pm
For all you Dragon Ball Z fans out there in the guild, what would you like to see in that subforum as a thread?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:38 pm
You should make a Game suggestions forum.

So we can share the games we play.  

manslayer838

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:41 pm
There is one already. Look under the "Video Game topics" subforum.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:31 pm
Hi there.
I know I have only been here for half an hour, but I have some ideas for the cleaning up of and sort of revamping of your guild.

H'okay.
1. You need a 'Guild Home' taht isnt just 2 sentences.
Tell people what the guild is all about, and make it stand out. It is the first thing that people see. If people see something really good, but not too eye straining, not too much to read, they are going to be more inclined to join the guild.
2. So many stickies and announcements!Are they all really necessary? Did some of the crew (And I mean no disrespect) go mad with power?
There are millions of stickies in almost every subforum.
When it comes to announcements and stickies, you need to keep them organised. Like announcements for changes and things, stickies for guides, and the most important topics.
3. Alot of the threads in the main, have relevant Subbies. They should be moved, just to make it that extra bit tidy, you know?
4. Give the inactives a nudge. 0 is a horrible number next to someones name for posts. Pm them and get a response, or if they have taken their sweet arse time doing anything, just ban them. Simple.
5. Give your crew some jobs to do as opposed to just writing stickies.
Linken Bogard is on the right track with his 'How to do well in this guild' sticky.
So make him in charge of moderating posts, along with 4 others, and give them 2 or 3 subforums each. Make 3 in charge of banning and warning members, and making sure people post the right thing. Have 2 or 3 in charge of recruitment. Making threads, PMing people, posting banners, linking in threads, making affiliates.
6. Clean your subforum names. Make them simple. For example, for Beyblade. The guild is called The renaissance galaxy, so make each forum something like: 'Beyblade World' or 'The Beyblade' movement. Instead you have 'Beyblade - anything related to Beyblade goes here'. Boring.
7. Then clean your subforums. Move unrelated threads, delete old or totally crap threads, Make an 2 or 3 stickies for each subforum. One for Discussion, one for RP guidelines, and one to highlight dedicated subbie goers, and the crew related to that subforum.
8. I havent seen any banners or buttons, except the guild banner. Give members the incentive to make art and banners and signs for the guild. Hold random contests, and allow members to make their own too. Seperate subforum even.

I cant think of anything else for the moment.
Im sorry if I seem rude, its just I love this guild already, and I really have alot of time for empress dee, and this guild has such great potential, I would really love to see something that has had so much time, love and gold go into it thrive.

Dorkleberry Jam

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:48 pm
These are awesome suggestions. However, I am kinda confused...

With the first one, I can't really explain what the guild is about. I need help with the advertising.

My crew and I were trying to get people involved in this. A lot of people have left.

I have moved a few threads, but it still isn't easy to do.

Some of those 0's are from people on my friends list. I think my friends need to be telling me the things you are saying. And a few of those 0's have to do with the fact that I was inviting people from whosever bought from my store in the marketplace.

What do you mean moderating posts? Link is right behind me and he was asking this question.

Some of my crew doesn't have the right to be crew, but I do not know which ones are trustworthy or not. A lot do not even post in this guild. They are more like my best friend for other things.

Over half of these people do not know how to make banners, so I just let it slide.

I could change the beyblade name... that is a suggestion.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:25 pm
Maybe get all the active members to write a little bit, then collaborate.
I know how hard it is to move threads and stuff. It is a b***h, indeed.

Ah fair enough. Well I think they need to post or go or something, cos you only want active people. Active people makes a good guild.

By moderating posts I mean, looking after the subs, making sure each post is in its right place, make sure people ar posting properly and sticking to the rules.

I think promoting friends in a guild like this is not a good idea. Unless they are going to be a big part of the guild
Create a selective process on recruiting crew.

And I can make some banners. I just need pics.  

Dorkleberry Jam

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:06 pm
Well, I am the one who really does the "in charge" kind of thing. So, I look after things pretty much. The inactive ones should post more, but I think they just need some time to post. I could send them PMs, but to what end would that acheive? It would make me look like a b***h.

I could suggest they actually look at my guild now that I've fixed it. Heck, I can PM all my members for that.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:05 am
For KOF 2011, Saiyan_Ninja said this:

Ok I see that for the non oc characters like Alba, Soiree and etc. But what I was complaining about was Lily, Kitty and Viper. Those are the ocs i came up with. It's not like I'm going to make a rp and stick Will, Dimples, Ice, Blaze and Bernard up on the character list without asking someone first.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

Bearanormal

Otherworldly Bear

17,150 Points
  • First Fall 15
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:48 pm
I think a Vocaloid sub-forum thingy would be fun...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:13 pm
I am willing to put one up on one condition, you must tell me more about Vocaloid.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

ShadowEternal

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:25 pm
Wow...the sub-forums has really grown since I last popped my head in. But...uh...

Firstly, I want to apologize for my absence as of...the past few months. Last Fall, I got into my 2nd Dream School. The 1st was Full Sails, but for confidentiality, I won't name my current college. I will say that I am an Animation major, not Game Art. ...yet.

Which is why...I'd like to know if posting art can be considered participating? As I am unsure if I'll be able to consistently post in RPs. Because, if I can't, I do not want to slow other RPers down.

Now, there was mention of a possible LoZ rp. If there's a place for an oracle, I can play either Farore or Din. I'm sure I can can portray such a wise one like Nayru. If I'm oracle, the would enable me to read along everyday and only post when necessary.

I could also play the role of a random quest giver every now and then. As an avid sidequest fan, I can come up with filler content to keep RPers amused and keep the story fresh, not stale.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:33 pm
Yes, posting art is considered as activity. The Art Gallery subforum is made specifically for that.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

ShadowEternal

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:39 pm
Okay. Then...I'll start posting art from my DEV acct that I've done over the past year. I look forward to reading everyone's reactions.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:04 pm
Perfect! And if you are into Beyblade, please post a character profile in the RP section. We need originals mostly. And Beyblades are basically spinning tops that uses a rip-cord to launch. Each Beyblade has an animal spirit inside called a bit beast, and each bit beast has a name.

Green Ree and Fire Moose are my bit beasts. Kai Hiwatari has Dranzer (a fire phoenix), Rei Kon has Drigger (white tiger), Max has Draciel (Eastern Sea Snapper turtle), Kenny aka the Chief has Dizzy (computer), Tyson has Dragoon (Yellow eyes blue storm dragon), and the one who already entered Mick who has Shadow Liger (Tiger+ Lion crossbreed).  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

ShadowEternal

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:32 pm
I know what Beyblades is...or was rather. I've fallen out of touch with it. I have the Rei and Kai figurines along with their respective beyblades. But I haven't touched the game in ages.

Unfortunately for the guild, I have no interest in it. I don't really watch anime anymore. Going to art school and several of my teachers' lectures ruined the experience for e. Now it's come to the point where I'd rather listen to an audio file that goes along with manga.

But there are a few exceptions: Digimon, Cowboy Bebop, and pretty much any anime that still uses the old-fashioned process. Or rather, it'd be easier for me to say, I only enjoy anime and cartoons that DON'T use LIMITED ANIMATION. After seeing how horrendous a thing it is, I can't stomach it for nothing. If you want an example of limited animation, look at your more popular anime, such as Clannad and other school life and slice of life anime. Always focusing on faces without really moving them, primary and secondary. The action ones get away with it if they have more action than dialogue.

Though, exceptions to those are the aforementioned Cowboy Bebop. They used cell animation, hand painting to animate that. Not to mention, even when the character is 'still', there are secondary movements going on with them. They move like humans do. Weight shifting or a change in limb position as they talk. And the background is moving as well. Everything is 'alive'.

Compared to stuff like Ghost in the Shell, it's liberating. I'm not saying GitS is a bad show, because it's not. But it is very boring for those who aren't like me. As in, I'm there for the dialogue, the cases that they have to solve. And, of course, their unique action style. Not to forget, their beautiful backgrounds. To compensate for the main characters not moving as much as they could have, what goes on out-of-focus is very lively and lovely to look at.  
The renaissance galaxy - important information on front page

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff