Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply ®
Scam-How NOT to fall for one!-For the newbies~READ~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:22 am
bump  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:11 am
Thanks for the warning.......... I would love to pull out his foxy whiskers one by one!!!! sad  

Joiewe

Teh Bestest Best

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:52 am
A good friend of mine had that happen to her, except that when she gave her password to ga!amod, they kept her account. She's completely without an account and she had a lot of expensive items on it.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:26 pm
Some one tried to steal my password the other day by saying that I had been reported for botting and I had to give my username and password to make sure my reply wasn't a botted message. When I replied and didn't give my password they threatened me and started using bad grammar, so I knew it was a fake.  

Arana Kamina

Space Bat

`English~Angel~Queen`

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:23 pm
Hello,

I am the owner of this subforum.Feal free to post.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:24 pm
Arana_Kamina
Some one tried to steal my password the other day by saying that I had been reported for botting and I had to give my username and password to make sure my reply wasn't a botted message. When I replied and didn't give my password they threatened me and started using bad grammar, so I knew it was a fake.
Good job Don't Fall for fake scams newbies!  

`English~Angel~Queen`

DesertSkorpion

8,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:20 am
That was a nice thing you did, thanks. Being a moderator on irc.icq.com (ChanOp, nick Skorpion) I see scams all day long of every variety. What amazes me on Gaia (I have been here for only a few months) is that the gold is not real, but yet they still scam for it as if it was. They're the kind of ppl we z-line where I come from.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:46 pm
wow  

Khitty

MysteriousToker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:04 pm
hey thanks a lot. ill definitely look out for scams like that. I appreciate you taking the time to educate us on these occurrences heart biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:05 am
bump  

The Name of the Rose
Crew

Allie Fox

Celebrating Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:13 pm
I agreed with you. I had to report some bots in while back. I found 3 of them advertesing in GCD forums.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:25 pm
I think I experienced it too, I clicked on the link on a forum which somehow linked to another page that looks exactly like a Gaia one with the top borders and all. The page stated that I had somehow lost connection and I had to re-login.

I did, but something felt wrong, so after a while I changed my account password, thank god that it was still valid, and when I instinctively checked my items... lo and behold, my elemental hair was already missing. But since I do not have much gold then, it was all there. And luckily the scammer (if it was) didn't get my other 3 collectibles.

I am not sure if this was a scam process or a glitch, because even when the hair went missing, my avvie still has it on her head... is it possible?

I can usually detect a scam when I see one, and most of the time I just ignore the messages and delete it. It's just that that one looked kinda genuine. sigh.. but i know better now.  

GoneByeBye

welshlad2008

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:06 pm
thanks for posting this i had a pm thru saying i woz being investigated for hacking(i can barely start up a computer lol) he asked 4 my username and password needless 2 say i reported it  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:23 pm
I got one of those gold things I didn't do it because my friend got one and it took all her gold from her!  

Dacy_13

450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

awesome007123

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:36 am
thnx alot!!!!!!! 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  
®

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff