Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Supernatural / Paranormal Guild

Back to Guilds

a nexus of all things supernatural and occult. 

Tags: paranormal, supernatural, ghosts, demons, occult 

Reply The Nexus (General Discussion)
To call or summon a pontianak Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lila Malvae
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:51 pm
Eric Wolfborn
Shanna66
summoning usualy has more to it. like this one i read, though im sure its fake so dont even THINK of trying it, well, it required you to befriend a dog and after a year of raising it you kill it and keep its head in a wooden box and recite an incantation to summon a demon.
but as i said DONT EVEN THINK OF TRYING IT!!!!!!!!
ive never heard of any spell that somewhat works that needs an animal sacrifice. blood, sure, killing, no

It depends where you go for information. Animal sacrifice has been all the rage in the 'left hand' paths for thousands of years. Hell, back in the day, the Jews would regularly bleed out animals as offerings, and the magi made regular usage of blood sacrifice. Then there's Santeria and Voudun. While I see no reason for it, myself, it is, theoretically, a very powerful way to cast a spell...

However, you also have to take into consideration your goals. Many spells, particularly hexes, are said to backfire if you harm the animals involved unduly. Some sacrificial spells and incantations cause backlash to the caster as part of the offering; the animal dies, you suffer negative consequences, and whatever you cast the spell for happens hardxcore. That's right. Hardcore with an X.

It really depends on the background of the spell; culture, ideology, and meaning.

I have never participated in animal sacrifice. I have, however, studied some religions or traditions that require animal sacrifice in some of their rituals. In Santeria and Voudou (etc etc etc), there is no reason for a practitioner to treat the animal ill because the animal often is reused in a spiritual ritual as components or eaten. The spirits often forbid the animal to be treated wrongly in these cases.
In western dark ages and midieval witchcraft (the folk tradition), however, this was often either a different story, or else the Church demonized rituals that were not intended to wrongly treat an animal.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:27 am
Requiem For A Spleen
vasaif
Sorry i forgot about two things they feared Obviously for Malay ghost, it fears the holy book called The Quran. She fears the a fire which will catch a flame on her white gown and burn together with her.

None of my research turned this up.

Holy texts, generally speaking, are useless in and of themselves, against paranormal beings. Properly cited passages from some holy texts can be used as mantras or spells against them, but the books themselves bear no power.

this book has the words of the god and those words has the power adn the ghosts fear it  

axel on fire

Shanna66
Vice Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:47 am
LilaMalvae
Eric Wolfborn
Shanna66
summoning usualy has more to it. like this one i read, though im sure its fake so dont even THINK of trying it, well, it required you to befriend a dog and after a year of raising it you kill it and keep its head in a wooden box and recite an incantation to summon a demon.
ive never heard of any spell that somewhat works that needs an animal sacrifice. blood, sure, killing, no

It depends where you go for information. Animal sacrifice has been all the rage in the 'left hand' paths for thousands of years. Hell, back in the day, the Jews would regularly bleed out animals as offerings, and the magi made regular usage of blood sacrifice. Then there's Santeria and Voudun. While I see no reason for it, myself, it is, theoretically, a very powerful way to cast a spell...

However, you also have to take into consideration your goals. Many spells, particularly hexes, are said to backfire if you harm the animals involved unduly. Some sacrificial spells and incantations cause backlash to the caster as part of the offering; the animal dies, you suffer negative consequences, and whatever you cast the spell for happens hardxcore. That's right. Hardcore with an X.

It really depends on the background of the spell; culture, ideology, and meaning.

I have never participated in animal sacrifice. I have, however, studied some religions or traditions that require animal sacrifice in some of their rituals. In Santeria and Voudou (etc etc etc), there is no reason for a practitioner to treat the animal ill because the animal often is reused in a spiritual ritual as components or eaten. The spirits often forbid the animal to be treated wrongly in these cases.
In western dark ages and midieval witchcraft (the folk tradition), however, this was often either a different story, or else the Church demonized rituals that were not intended to wrongly treat an animal.

weel, thats somewhat good to know...  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:58 pm
Lila Malvae
Eric Wolfborn
Shanna66

That's a demonized aspect of witchcraft put forth by it's opposition. Santeria, for instance, is middle ages witchcraft. Instead of traditional pagan gods, Santerians have adopted Christian saints. The basis, however, remains the same.  

Requiem For A Spleen

Requiem For A Spleen

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:01 pm
axel on fire
Requiem For A Spleen
vasaif
Sorry i forgot about two things they feared Obviously for Malay ghost, it fears the holy book called The Quran. She fears the a fire which will catch a flame on her white gown and burn together with her.

Holy texts, generally speaking, are useless in and of themselves, against paranormal beings. Properly cited passages from some holy texts can be used as mantras or spells against them, but the books themselves bear no power.

this book has the words of the god and those words has the power adn the ghosts fear it

...again, that's little more than hearsay. It's unsubstantiated, at best. Some cases have been documented where spirits were afraid of holy texts; but just as many have been documented for spirits that were not.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:19 am
Requiem For A Spleen
axel on fire
Requiem For A Spleen
vasaif

...again, that's little more than hearsay. It's unsubstantiated, at best. Some cases have been documented where spirits were afraid of holy texts; but just as many have been documented for spirits that were not.

then i guss that this will stay as a riddle tell someone figure out the truth  

axel on fire

Dazzler
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:06 pm
Requiem For A Spleen
axel on fire
Requiem For A Spleen
vasaif

I remember reading somewhere that it isn't so much the text that effects spirits but the belief one has of those texts. For example, a christain might have strong belief in the bible as protection from spirits but someone who might be of another relegion (sp?) wouldn't have that much belief in it so wouldn't work as well.

But I have no idea if that's true.  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:35 pm
Dazzler
Requiem For A Spleen
axel on fire
Requiem For A Spleen
vasaif

I remember reading somewhere that it isn't so much the text that effects spirits but the belief one has of those texts. For example, a christain might have strong belief in the bible as protection from spirits but someone who might be of another relegion (sp?) wouldn't have that much belief in it so wouldn't work as well.

But I have no idea if that's true.

It can help, but that's a personal confidence thing. I could just as easily be carrying a rock that confers the same measure of protection. It's not confidence in the book that does it; it's confidence in one's own safety.  

Requiem For A Spleen

[--Caius Inferi--]

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:54 pm
Shanna66

Ah the Japanese Inugami. It is a mallicious type of sacrifice there. Everything about it is, from intentions to use of the summoned creature. An Inugami is always used to bring harm to another person, and according to some stories and legends I've come across, its almost as dangerous for the summoner as it is the target, if the summoning person is inexperienced. Deffinately not something to mess around with. Its rather much black hat magic. Theres a couple of accounts here where some people may have been targeted by one of those, or the cat form of it, the Obakeneko. Well, so far as the author of the book the accounts were in claimed.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:15 pm
The witching hour is from 12a.m-3a.m right. I so forgot. That weird forgetting the witching hour...LOL biggrin  

Ava Garabaldi

circusbug

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:46 pm
May I ask what a pontianak is? I've never heard of it because I'm kinda new to the paranormal stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:06 pm
The Pontianak, Kuntilanak, Matianak or "Boentianak" (as known in Indonesia, sometimes shortened to just kunti) is a type of vampire in Malay folklore and Indonesian mythology, similar to the Langsuir. Pontianak are women who died during childbirth and became undead, seeking revenge and terrorizing villages. The name “pontianak” is reportedly a corruption of the Bahasa “perempuan mati beranak”, or “she who has died in childbirth”.

From wiki.  

Dazzler
Crew

The Nexus (General Discussion)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out