2 stars
  1 star
View Results

CocoaCoatedCoffeeBean
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:17 pm
User Image

Happy Feet
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In the great nation of Emperor Penguins, deep in Antarctica, you’re nobody unless you can sing--which is unfortunate for Mumble, who is the worst singer in the world. He is born dancing to his own tune--tap dancing. Though Mumble’s mom, Norma Jean, thinks this little habit is cute, his dad, Memphis, says it “just ain’t penguin.” Besides, they both know that, without a Heartsong, Mumble may never find true love. As fate would have it, his one friend, Gloria, happens to be the best singer around. Mumble and Gloria have a connection from the moment they hatch, but she struggles with his strange “hippity- hoppity” ways. Mumble is just too different--especially for Noah the Elder, the stern leader of Emperor Land, who ultimately casts him out of the community. Away from home for the first time, Mumble meets a posse of decidedly un-Emperor-like penguins--the Adelie Amigos. Led by Ramon, the Adelies instantly embrace Mumble’s cool dance moves and invite him to party with them. In Adelie Land, Mumble seeks the counsel of Lovelace the Guru, a crazy-feathered Rockhopper penguin who will answer any of life’s questions for the price of a pebble. Together with Lovelace and the Amigos, Mumble sets out across vast landscapes and, after some epic encounters, proves that by being true to yourself, you can make all the difference in the world.

i LOVED IT!! Specialyl the Amigos... flipping cute!
-Cocoa heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:41 am
The movie was okay and fun to watch.  

Blazefox1

Shy Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200

Queen of the Blue Twins

1,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:45 pm
I loved it.
I just wish they would have let Robin Williams do more with Ramon's lines. But still a great movie. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:29 am
I have not seing it, but I will see it! 3nodding  

gabrielalolita

Tiyadore

Mega Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:17 am
great movie but the penguins are naughty gonk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:48 pm
i loved this movie and im 22 razz ... its really sweet yet fun as well ... 5 stars razz  

Kitsune_Ninja___x

mari-lena33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:24 pm
heart This was a fabulous movie, my whole family ages 39 to 2 loved it exclaim exclaim  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:38 am
uninspiring
time could have been better spent doing other things  

mccullars

Yuki_Windira

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:17 am
It was alright  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:04 pm
It was sweet and funny my family loved it my brothers laughed I have the ds game for it. ninja razz  

Ninja Otaku Gurl

clivethemagicalfish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:39 pm
I thought it was absolutely AMAZING!
The whole idea of their society changing from the traditional singing, to the more modern dancing compliments ideas of society changing in many other scripts. Has anyone heard of Fiddler on the Roof? It holds the same concept of the moral standards, and that of the standards changing.
Also, the environmental problems and situations that humans create should have been a wake up call. It's based on true facts that our world is, and will change because of humans. Now, I don't care if you don't believe in global warming, which honestly is completely close-minded if you ask me, what the penguins in Happy Feet faced is in fact happening. We change their ecosystem and they have no option but to adapt to that. And if they cant adapt, they die. Which in most cases, their species perishes and is put on the endangered species list.
That list seems to be growing more and more everyday.
Happy Feet is not only a childrens' movie, it should wake people up to the problem we will be facing soon.
Again, I loved the movie :]. And the soundtrack is pretty cool too. Well, at least the original one by John Powell is.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:43 pm
You know what I realized though...
That review that you 'wrote', is the exact same on iTunes..
Hmmm....what a coincidence...?

clivethemagicalfish

5: Entertainment Stew W. Cocoa

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces