Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:46 pm
You did not say anything to offend. If anything, if you knew me better, you would probably have simply expounded more in areas, but the core statement would have stayed the same. Thank you very much for the response, the external lens, it helped me gather my thoughts.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:46 pm
I feel pretty lost right now. To get right to the point and make this brief. My best friend's mom passed away this morning. This is what has been the top friend's crisis I have been dealing with and garnering so much of my energies – keeping him up as she went downhill. I feel really bad because I don't even know what to say. I have lost so many people, I should have the words, the wisdom, to know what to say by now... but I don't.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Minky Lestrange

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:50 pm
Honestly when someone dies there are not any words that offer much comfort; in my personal experience that is. Coping with death is a battle you fight within yourself, but that doesn't mean you have to do it alone. Just be there for them and when they need you; you'll be right by their side. I think that's the most important thing to have in situations such as these. Don't feel bad about not knowing what to say, death takes the words out of all of us.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:02 am
I admit that I have no idea how to do much of anything and genuinely fail as an adult. I am trying to figure out how to get myself together and I have no idea. I keep running into that "somebody should have taught you that" situation... nobody taught me squat about a lot of these things, I can't blame them, I can only blame myself.

For the first time in my life I am starting to see things kind of clearly at times. I am seeing things here in a new light and it is fueling a massive "abandon your family and run like hell" response.

I need help and I am so profoundly stupid that I do not even know what help to ask for.

I want out of here, but I do not even know where to go. I have no experience, no idea how to function, no finances, no credit, I can't even drive. I am not making excuses there as much as saying that I don't have much a toolkit to just pick up and go somewhere. I don't know about Florida anymore, I thought about Houston since it would probably offer me both a friend on hand and, from the sound of it, a slightly better chance of getting a job and place to live. I don't even know how to deal with landlords and whatnot.The few that would even take the time on the phone with me (and I have a massive phobia of phones) in the FOrt Myers and Port Charlotte Florida areas split fairly evenly between not wanting to deal with a Nevada transplant and not being interested in anyone without a current job regardless of even if I could pay up front.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:35 pm
Exxos

For the first time in my life I am starting to see things kind of clearly at times. I am seeing things here in a new light and it is fueling a massive "abandon your family and run like hell" response.

Good! Hang on to that and get the hell out of there. Leaving will most likely be hard and painful but completely worth it. If you have a friend that is offering help, seize that opportunity and don't look back! Don't think of everything you need to do at once. Just focus on one task at a time. Can you stay with your friend for a bit while you find work? Or the other option might be to sublet from someone else who might be more than fine with you paying upfront. Or find someone looking for a roommate. Get your friend to help you search.  
Real Life: Well Being & Getting to Know Your Fellow Guildies

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff