Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Brothers Indeed (Makai and Daze, Maize) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beat Fu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:10 pm
"That's the problem," Daze answered sadly, shaking his head at the loss of his friend.

"I guess so. I expected her to have found us by now. Which way was she anyway," he asked, looking around and sniffing slightly into the wind. He didn't smell much besides his smelly brother, so he wasn't sure why he was doing it.

He stepped back as Makai began eating, pulling a face when he was nearly attacked by his brother's half eaten food. On the other hand he had forgotten about his brother's injury.

"Grass isn't THAT good."

Looking in the direction Makai had turned he tilted his head. What was he looking at anyway? Was it another unborn bunny? Because he was thinking if he got some water the bunny might come out again...

"Huh?" he asked, dazed as his name as he snapped back into reality, "Nothing I guess?"

With a turn he called out, rather annoyingly, and really loudly, "MOM!?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:51 pm
"How does she find us if we didn't tell her where we were?" Makai looked down, partially filled with guilt. "I should have kept near, or at least told her. I mean... Night could come soon, and where would we stay? What about things that come out at night?" His eyes fleeted back and forth while in his imagination, the sun dipped under the trees as the sky grew darker. "Hope mother's not mad."

"And if grass isn't that good, find another source of food for us, will you?" He looked at Daze and smiled maliciously in a jesting manner. "If I had a bigger mouth and teeth, I'd eat you." He laughed at his own joke afterwards.

Makai flinched when Daze called out, wishing he had no ears. "That's very bad! What happened to your voice? She won't even hear you if you do that!" With a disgruntled flip of his hair, he turned around and dashed into the thick trees, hoping it was the right path to mother.

"I'm going to mother!" he called back with apparent disregard for whatever his brother did next.

Ameh

Beat Fu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:06 pm
"She's mom, she's got to find us," Daze said with incredible finality. He was pretty sure that all mom's could find their kids.

"It's not night yet, and we'll stay wherever we are I guess? Relax okay? Everythings okay," Daze said, exasperated. His brother had to be so dramatic, nothing bad had happened so far, right? Well, except his disappearing bunny and like, Makai getting hurt. But still.

"Mom's got food," Daze answere, eyebrows twisted up with his disbeliefe in his brother's craziness. He couldn't actulay eat him, Daze wouldn't fit in Makai's tummy he didn't think.

"What's bad? She can hear it I'm sure," he called out to his brother, swinging around to trot after the other foal, peeved.

"You're going the wrong direction Makai," he added, although really he wasn't sure that they were going the wrong way since he didn't even know the right way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:30 pm
Daze was like a pestering fly zipping around Makai's poor ears. To him, his brother's words were garbled sounds rushing at him like useless sputter from a talking pebble... if any pebbles did talk.

"No, but I'm getting somewhere," he mouthed to himself, a hint of disdain in his expression. His brother felt like a burden now, running after him. "Guess I gotta be your pretend mother now since you're with me!"

The run through the tree-packed area soon turned into a race for Makai, and he glanced back, smile lacing his mouth. "And Makai's in the lead with his big brother following up behind, though not as close! That slowpoke!"

Overhead, Maize was in the air -- not a strange sight for some, but very strange in the mare's case. Who knew when the last time she had taken flight was -- who knew when was the last time she acknowledged the existence of her wind heritage. Worried eyes floated downwards, sighting for movement -- any movement at all of her son that strayed away from her home. Maternal anxiety built up a while ago, when she realized Makai was gone, and she felt like she was about to explode in mid-air. "Makai!" she trumpeted, knowing that her other two sons were safe within the confines of their own homes. Unbeknownst to her, however, one was stray with her stray.

She flew lower and waded through the forested trees surrounding her home, knowing that Makai would be on land, having been gifted with no wings. Her aerial pursuit was over; even if she had spotted her son on the terrain, he may have blended in with some trees or large boulders.

And she thought Makai had some sense, unlike others she knew...

Ameh

Beat Fu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:37 pm
"You act like an old lady," Daze mummbled, rolling his eyes at his brother's queer logic. Like moving in the oposite direction of mom was going to help him. Geeze, panic much?

"You know," Daze said slowly, trotting at a comfortable pace, only really feeling the need to keep an eye on his aparently crazed younger brother, "last time you mocked me while running you got yoruself hurt. For someone so mature you're awful stupid."

He looked around at the trees and realized that if they kept going no one was going to find them because the trees would eat them up.

"Makai, I'm going to tell on you!" he called out boldy, hoping it would make his brother stop. He KNEW mom wasn't in the forrest, becuase he knew he hadn't wandered through one to get to the place where he was before. He woulda remembered this many trees.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:03 pm
Makai sighed, slowing down to a complete halt, turning around to face his brother. His brother was so odd -- wasn't he babbling about unborn rabbits a minute ago? Perhaps his brother developed something like a split personality. "Daze... are you feeling okay?" Concern actually showed in his eyes as he stepped to take a closer look. He widened his eyes innocently, inspecting for any... abnormal signs from Daze. He didn't know what to look for, but he just looked. But he just seemed like the same ol' idiotic bigger brother he always had been. The knowledge of that comforted him, and he went up and rubbed his head against Daze's, giving him some sort of a head noogie.

"Not like mother would believe you," he said in a melodic tone.

Something in the air told Maize that she had indeed been drawn near Makai, but someone else was with him, and the two scents combined whispered in her nostrils, tugging at her closer to the pack of dense trees. "Makai... Daze?" she shouted tentatively. At this time, the wind blew harder, stronger in Maize's direction, providing a confirmation of the two scents that travelled in its way. A second call came out more full than the first, "Makai, Daze!"

The sound of Maize's voice made Makai's ears swivel to the direction of its origin, and he whispered, "Mother!"  

Ameh

Beat Fu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:11 pm
"You're the one charging off and making me haff to watch you," Daze said, pursing his lips in annoyance. He didn't like it when Makai acted crazy, it meant that he had to watch him because it was his job and stuff.

"I think she'd believe me if she saw you in front," Daze sung back and pushed his head into his brothers, making a small thud at the impact. It hurt a little, but he took some pleasure in the knowledge that Makai would get the point.

"Besides, these trees'll make it hard to find our way home because we can't see so far. I think if we got somewhere real flat we could see our way home," he added, confident.

His ear flicked suddenly, catching the sound of his mother.

"Hey mom! Where are you hiding!?" He called out, looking up into the treetops distractedly. Perhaps she was talking to the birds.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:34 pm
With most thoughts of mother removed, Makai laughed and shook his head again at Daze. "You are too much sometimes."

"And well, I haven't visited your place yet, but the land I live on with mother is flat. No hills, and the only clearings are flat. There are trees around our place," he explained, "but I guess since we see each other, one of us is too far. How is it where you live, anyways?"

But as soon as Daze's attention directed to the treetops, Makai sighed and looked around sensibly for Maize.

A small voice Maize attributed to belong to one of her sons led through the trees to spot the two blobs of black and gray. Joy filled her heart as she was relieved, finally reunited with Makai -- and Daze, whom she had not seen for a while since he was given to another to care for. "Makai..." she nickered, brushing past him affectionately. She then made her way to Daze, giving him a long nuzzle, as she would have more time with Makai in his foalhood.

She drew back as soon as she realized the two brothers were together -- how coincidental! She blamed herself for not waking up earlier to monitor Makai, but...

"What are you doing without your caretaker, Daze?" she questioned, "Where did you find each other? What have you two done?" Her words came out so automatically as an innate, overprotective, motherly temper shone.

Ameh

Beat Fu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:48 pm
Daze wrinkled his nose, "Jeeze, did you just get out of your basket yesterday? I don't live that far from you ya'know."

He shifted again. He lived in a different Teepee but he had to spend time with mom anyway or else he'd starve, so it wasn't like he was never around. He didn't really like living somehwere else, which was one of the reasons he took to wandering off while the two legger was occupied.

Who was she to tell him what to do anyway?

He turned quickly as their Maize came into view he spun around, "Mom!"

"I was playin," he answered, perhaps a bit guiltily, "and we were just over there."

He nosed in a direction almost certainly nowhere near where they had been.

"I didn't do nothin," he added quickly and defensively, "Makai tripped and ran off though," Daze thought perhaps ratting his brother out might get him in less trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:33 pm
"If I don't see you every time of the day, it's far for all I care," Makai said matter-of-factly to Daze. "You're either far or close. Close is an obvious no if you're not in my eyes all the time!"

He decided he would discontinue with Daze for the day, as to him, the brother was just chiding with no cause. He had no time for mindless argueing or insulting with his brother's offensive side. Instead, he would play with mother, so he rushed to her side and pushed his head up against her, taking in her warmth. The pain he had felt in one of his hooves before no longer existed with the appearance of his mother.

"Stop your bickering, you two," Maize scolded. She was already exhausted from flying, searching for Makai -- she did not need to exert energy into other problems. "Makai, why did you wander away from home? And what's that about tripping--are you hurt? You know not to leave without me. Being lost is dangerous, and I can't..." she struggled to find words, "...you can't do that. Daze, you need to be with your guardian at all times until she brings you to us." She sighed passively, obscenely tired.

"The next time I catch you two not where you're supposed to be... I don't know what I'll do," she stated as she folded her wings over Makai. "But for now, I guess we'll take you home with us, and find your caretaker later. I hope she's not already looking for you, Daze. If she is, we'd better hurry home. She may be there."

Oh, bother. When did I become a mother? Maize thought to herself. It seemed like only yesterday when she first met Dyre--but she had three sons now. In her heart, she was glad to be a mother, but it was truly... taking. But two sons with no wings! And the one with wings -- well, at least, Maize thought, he was blind, so he wouldn't be able to utilize the wings well. Maize was proud of this fact, but kept it to herself.

"I know, mother, but I feel like just going out on my own sometimes. I'm sorry!" Makai gestured to his brother, "But I was able to take care of Daze when I found him! And I'm fine, look!"

He danced away from his mother and skipped around her to indicate his well-being. "No worries."

Ameh

Beat Fu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:46 pm
Daze rolled his eyes to the best of his limited ability, noting that it made him slightly dizzy. Sheesh, his brother was the biggest hassle ever.

"Okay mom, yes mom, sorry mom," he babbled out without even bothering for a bit of sincerity. It's not like he got hurt or in trouble or anything. He woulda been extra special good if it hadn't been for Makai being such a trouble maker.

"She's not, she went somewhere and told me to stay nearby and stuff I think, but she won't be back yet. I think. Okay yeah," he decided that she wouldn't be back because if she were he'd be in trouble and that would be no fun at all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:36 pm
"Trouble, trouble, trouble," Makai made it a point by breathing out the words in front of Daze's face. A nice, smug expression covered his own.

Maize sighed and went over to the brothers, nudging them towards the safety of her home. "You two are going to stay where I tell you to once we reach the others." She was almost frustrated to the point of stomping down in anger, but it would be alright--the two were only foals, anyhow. The future would yield more responsible children. "And we will travel without any problems," she added.

The guilt had almost gotten to Makai, and turning away from his brother, he lowered his head lightly and snorted. The feeling was quite new to him, so he was not inclined to apologize or act upon his mother's scolding. His walk began slowly, but gained momentum as he felt Maize's gaze on him as well as the sweet beckoning of his home.

"After your brother now, in silence," Maize said as she pushed her firstborn with her muzzle. If Daze's keeper weren't around, she would decidedly take him back herself. "I've an eye on you..." she said, a smile almost touching her features to lighten the situation just a bit.  

Ameh

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces