Sanity Report of Autumn_Fury Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Viscount Greenleaf
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:43 pm
Today (Monday 30th of Oct, 2006) ms. Autumn_Fury has started treatment, in accordance with court order # 1117. She is taking liquid medication for her anxiety, sleep disorders and crazy knowledge of medicine. We've started her on ativan, expecting results immediately. Side effects include (but are not limited to) optical insanity, seeing things that aren't there.

User Image
We wish Aut the best of luck. If her behaviour fails to improve, she will be sent to the Happy Home for.. severe treatment.

Due to a deterioration in her behaviour, Autumn_Fury has been sentenced by the court (order #10264) to start paopu treatment on Monday the 25th of December, 2006. This order was issued after she claimed to have a Vis in her hat. Once again, the Happy Home wishes Aut luck. Please don't post here without the patient's permission.

User Image

Pre-guild thread:
]http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19019193

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:20 pm
[Table of contents/welcome]  

Autumn_Fury
Crew

Autumn_Fury
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:22 pm
[Medication (ohnoes! :0 )]

Ativan
lorazepam (lor A ze pam)

What is the most important information I should know about Ativan?
• Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Ativan will cause drowsiness and may cause dizziness. If you experience drowsiness or dizziness, avoid these activities.
• Avoid alcohol while taking Ativan. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness caused by Ativan. Alcohol may also increase the risk of having a seizure if Ativan is being taken for a seizure condition.
• Ativan may be habit forming. Physical and/or psychological dependence can occur, and withdrawal effects are possible if the medication is stopped suddenly after prolonged or high-dose treatment. Do not take more than the prescribed amount of medication or take it for longer than is directed by your doctor. Do not stop taking Ativan suddenly without first talking to your doctor if you have been taking it continuously for more than 5 to 7 days. Your doctor may want to gradually reduce the dose.

What is Ativan?
• Ativan is in a class of drugs called benzodiazepines. Ativan affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause anxiety, insomnia, and seizures.
• Ativan is used to relieve anxiety, nervousness, and tension associated with anxiety disorders. It is also used to treat certain types of seizure disorders and to relieve insomnia (induce sleep).
• Ativan may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking Ativan?
• Do not take Ativan if you have narrow-angle glaucoma. Ativan may worsen this condition.
• Before taking Ativan, tell your doctor if you
· have kidney disease;
· have liver disease;
· have asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, or another respiratory disease; or
· are depressed or have suicidal thoughts.
• You may not be able to take Ativan, or you may require a dosage adjustment or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
• Ativan is in the FDA pregnancy category D. This means that Ativan is known to be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
• Ativan passes into breast milk. Do not take Ativan without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
• If you are over 65 years of age, you may be more likely to experience side effects from Ativan. Your doctor may prescribe a lower dose of this medication.

How should I take Ativan?
• Take Ativan exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these instructions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
• Ativan is also available as an injection. If you are using the injection at home, your healthcare provider will give you detailed instructions regarding preparation, administration, and storage of the injectable formulation.
• To ensure that you get a correct dose, measure the oral concentrate with a dose-measuring spoon, dropper, or cup, not a regular table spoon. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist where you can get one.
• Take each oral dose with a full glass of water.
• Ativan may be habit forming. Physical and/or psychological dependence can occur, and withdrawal effects are possible if the medication is stopped suddenly after prolonged or high-dose treatment. Do not take more than the prescribed amount of medication or take it for longer than is directed by your doctor. Do not stop taking Ativan suddenly without first talking to your doctor if you have been taking it continuously for more than 5 to 7 days. Your doctor may want to gradually reduce the dose.
• Your doctor may want you to have medical evaluations during treatment with Ativan to monitor progress and side effects.
• Store Ativan tablets at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
• Store the Ativan oral concentrate in the refrigerator between 36 and 46 degrees Fahrenheit (2 and 8 degrees Celsius), protected from light.

What happens if I miss a dose?
• Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take only the next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medication. A double dose could be dangerous.

What happens if I overdose?
• Seek emergency medical attention if an overdose is suspected.
• Symptoms of a Ativan overdose include sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, a slow heart beat, difficulty breathing, difficulty walking and talking, an appearance of being drunk, and unconsciousness.

What should I avoid while taking Ativan?
• Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Ativan will cause drowsiness and may cause dizziness. If you experience drowsiness or dizziness, avoid these activities.
• Avoid alcohol while taking Ativan. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness caused by Ativan. Alcohol may also increase the risk of a seizure if Ativan is being taken for a seizure condition.
• Ativan may increase the effects of other drugs that cause drowsiness, including antidepressants, alcohol, antihistamines, sedatives (used to treat insomnia), pain relievers, anxiety medicines, seizure medicines, and muscle relaxants. Tell your doctor about all medicines that you are taking, and do not take any medicine without first talking to your doctor.

What are the possible side effects of Ativan?
• If you experience any of the following serious side effects, stop taking Ativan and seek emergency medical attention or contact your doctor immediately:
· an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, face, or tongue; or hives);
· sores in the mouth or throat;
· yellowing of the skin or eyes;
· a rash;
· hallucinations or severe confusion; or
· changes in vision.
• Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take Ativan and talk to your doctor if you experience
· drowsiness, dizziness, or clumsiness;
· depression;
· nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation;
· difficulty urinating;
· vivid dreams;
· headache;
· dry mouth;
· decreased sex drive; or
· changes in behavior.
• Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome.

What other drugs will affect Ativan?
• Ativan may increase the effects of other drugs that cause drowsiness, including antidepressants, alcohol, antihistamines, sedatives (used to treat insomnia), pain relievers, anxiety medicines, seizure medicines, and muscle relaxants. Tell your doctor about all medicines that you are taking, and do not take any medicine without first talking to your doctor.
• Antacids may decrease the effects of Ativan. Separate doses of an antacid and Ativan by several hours whenever possible.
• Drugs other than those listed here may also interact with Ativan. Talk to your doctor and pharmacist before taking any prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including vitamins, minerals, and herbal products.

Ativan.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:23 pm
[Backstory]  

Autumn_Fury
Crew

Autumn_Fury
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:28 pm
[Other.]  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:28 pm
[Anotherother.]  

Autumn_Fury
Crew

Autumn_Fury
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:29 pm
Day 3.

I haven't had much of anything to write about until now...except that needles are SCAAAAARRRYYYYY. But it'll help me get better, right? But man, ativan makes me dizzy...dizzier than usual, anyway.

Eeeew.. It's almost time for my next dose. Maybe I'll skip...just this one. I really do not like needles.

More as events warrent  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:30 pm
(scribbled messily on notebook paper)

Day Seven.

Well, a week has gone by. Is anything supposed to be happening..? I thought this medication was supposed to help with sleeplessness and anxiety, but having to inject myself makes me worry even more, completely defeating the purpose.

I don't like needles. I've skipped two days since I got put on this, so maybe that's why nothing's happening.

I think the meds might be making it worse, anyway. Since I've started taking this stupid thing, I've had almost nightly anxiety attacks to the point where I can't move or breathe very well. Stupid anxiety. Stupid medication. Stupid Autumn.  

Autumn_Fury
Crew

Autumn_Fury
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:31 pm
(written on her ceiling, in sharpie )
Day Eight.

Ook ook ook.

The flutterbies are eating through my tummy. Being so anxious makes me physically ill. and apparently delirious, after awhile.

I swear, they have fangs. These are nothing mothballs can cure. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:32 pm
( Added below the first shapie-ed message, in...oh dear, is that blood..?)

Day Fifteen.

They bit me! The son-of-a-nutshell flutterbies bit me! D: How'm I supposed to keep them from biting me when I can't even see them?

They must have gotten out of my tummy somehow.

I've been taking my medicine like a good girl, but I think it's doing worse things to me than anxiety ever did. Flutterbies shouldn't really be able to bite. I wonder if I did this to my hand...I don't remember how it got there at all.

The anxiety isn't gone. I haven't slept in days.

I hate needles.  

Autumn_Fury
Crew

Autumn_Fury
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:54 pm
(Also under the sharpied message, this time in purple eyeliner)
Day Fifteen, continued.

WHAT THE HELL? I knew I was right when I said this medication was making me worse. Ohmygod. Ohmygod. They're trying to kill me, or make me confess to insanity and go to jail. ********. ********.

I'm seeing things. ._________.

They/it look/s like those symbols you see on the doors of mens' public restrooms. Faceless, formless people...I don't like it. I must be getting worse. Why. Why. I just want to get better!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuugh.

Let's go back, shall we?

Autumn sat hunched before her well-loved laptop, her fingers poised above the keys. Her eyes were sunken and dull and no wonder. It was the godless hour of 5:30 AM, and she'd still not managed to fall into the chasm of (hopefully) dreamless sleep. Tears stained her cheeks, and the cut that spanned her hand from thumbnail to wrist was bleeding sluggishly again. As she typed something or other, she bumped where there was far too little fingernail on the key, and gave a yelp of pain, which brought her back to the fact that she was still awake...and she had work tomorrow. With a sigh, she took a couple minutes to finish up what she was doing, and turned off her laptop...but as the room darkened as it's primary light source went out, there was a murmuring noise, and Autumn whipped around, and-

Oh. Oh god. What were those things?

With a terrified squeak, Aut dove beneath her comforter, telling herself franticly that she just wasn't getting enough sleep. That was it. Not enough sleep, and too much stress. Everything would be fine in the morning....or as fine as it got, for her.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:21 pm
Day Sixteen.

Autumn stared at the little glowing men that were stacked neatly by her bedside table, and (most alarmingly of all, she thought) they somehow managed to stare back in a most accusing and judging way. How was that possible? They didn't have any faces, let alone eyes with which to stare. It just didn't make sense. But, there they were, peering at her and muttering every so often. They were actually kind of cute, in a really creepy I'm-going-to-suck-your-soul-out kind of way. The two larger ones even had hearts on them. There were six in all, she thought, squinting at them, but she couldn't be shure, because they kept shifting and shuffling and whispering to each other about her.

OH, yes, she knew that she was what they talked about when they thought she wasn't looking. After all, they were her delusions, why would they talk about anybody else? "Well, you came from my Ativan..." she whispered to them, hoping that nobody would hear her, "So I suppose you lot will be called Ati. Not that I'm accepting that you exist, alright? I just need something to call you. You," she pointed at them, then quickly withdrew her hand as if afraid of getting bitten, "Are all Ati. Okay?" She waited, doubting that they would actually reply, but to her alarm, they gave a low an ominous chuckle, then huddled together and whispered.

Oh. This wasn't fun at all....she wondered if she should go back to the hospital...  

Autumn_Fury
Crew

Autumn_Fury
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:23 am
Day 24.

"Ati..."

It was, again, nearly 5 am. Autumn sat curled up into a ball on her bed, and though she had marks of tears on her face, she wasn't crying. As she called out for the probably-nonexistant little people, she was almost relieved to see them appear on top of her laptop. Once you got used to the staring, she thought, they really weren't so bad.

Reaching sakily forward, she tried to touch one of the larger heart-adorning ones- and quickly drew her hand back after it went right through it. Said rainbow-bathroom-man muttered at her, but it was a more pleasantly-pitched mutter, and she thought that perhaps she heard her name somewhere in there.

Interesting.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:41 pm
Day 27.

Come on, Autumn, sleep!

Ugh. Her sleeplessness certainly wasn't for lack of trying, Autumn thought bitterly, and tried to get her mind to quiet down. It certainly didn't help that Ati seemed to be dead set on appearing at odd hours of the night, and was currently shuffling quickly over and through her, chattering, chattering, chattering...

"Would you just SHUT UP!?"

At her screech- wince. Oh what the neighbors must think...- Ati fell quiet, giving her a sad and accusing stare before promptly fading out of sight. And- there came the guilt. Oh god. As much as she hated to admit it, she'd grown fond of her imaginary companion(s). What if he was mad at her? What if he never came back? Damnit, idiot~! To her horror, she burst into tears, tucking her knees to her chest and flopping onto her side. There was no chance she'd sleep tonight...  

Autumn_Fury
Crew

Autumn_Fury
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:43 pm
Day 33.

Where oh where had her Ati gone?

She's been a bit relieved- or so she told herself- when she'd found the apartment empty upon getting home from work. But...then she'd become worried. She'd called and called for her little imaginary friends. She's even made them their favorite treat- a chocolate bar melted in a bowl of milk. She'd cried, promised, pleaded...and eventually fell into a fitful sleep without the now-expected chatter Ati had brought into her life.

Now, the next morning, she awoke to the sound of....singing?

What~?  
File Cabinet - Journals only

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces