Reply General Sports Discussion
The Sport team dissapointments thread. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shogun Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:37 am
I made this thread so ppl can talk about their dissapointments in a sports team........ and also cuz I'm bored.

I'm kinda dissapointed in the A's right now. I just wanted to see them win atleast one game...... but we got swept....... Frank thomas was hit-less in the series I believe and Swisher only had one hit. And when we did get a lead, we could never keep it. And now everyone's gonna see the A's as the team that couldn't do a damn thing in the ALCS. (I don't really know if they are but I wouldn't be surprized if they were.) And now we're gonna have to let go of Zito. crying crying crying Man this sucks right now.

Now my dissapointments in the Raiders..... Well, I wouldn't be dissapointed at all in them if they lost every game (like they are now.) but they went 4-1 in the preseason. I know everyone says "IT'S THE PRESEASON!!!" but c'mon!!! The win 4 out of 5 preseason games and then we get mowed down by every single team that we encounter. It's not like I didn't expect this but that preseason actually seemed a bit promising. And then this. Damn man.

So there you go. If tour dissapointed in your sports team or any sports team, discuss here.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:41 am
The A's didn't play that bad, they did a great job against the Twins. The Tigers were just red hot and charging. I'm really sick of people saying how their team was a disappoint, how the players underachieve, give more credits to the winning team.

My disappointment are the Red Wings and Pistons for not winning the championship even though they had the best record.  

Razorfin Hunter

Shogun Master

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:51 am
Razorfin Hunter
The A's didn't play that bad, they did a great job against the Twins. The Tigers were just red hot and charging. I'm really sick of people saying how their team was a disappoint, how the players underachieve, give more credits to the winning team.

My disappointment are the Red Wings and Pistons for not winning the championship even though they had the best record.

Well I'm still in shock of that walk off homer Street gave up yesterday so If I'm being too harsh soooooo sorry.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:52 am
Pitched too many innings I guess, if that was his first inning of work the homerun wouldn't have happened.  

Razorfin Hunter

MC icedog
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:55 pm
well, i'm dissapointed in the Giants! if Moises Alou accually played half the time we might have had a shot at the playoffs! then the big pitching collapse in middle of september and the Gaints barly able to win a game! they had a good team with good pitchers but they're pitching was inconsistant along with their line-up!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:03 pm
I'd say another disappointment is the Cubs! They weren't ever really in the playoff hunt, but they just slid right down from third or so to last! and I don't think it's totally Baker's fault either! Sure, it was probably partly his fault, but the Cubs in general, their team just sucks this year!  

JRay18

downhill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:07 pm
Luongo let in 6 friggin goals last game evil  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:45 pm
Darth_Sauerkraut
I'd say another disappointment is the Cubs! They weren't ever really in the playoff hunt, but they just slid right down from third or so to last! and I don't think it's totally Baker's fault either! Sure, it was probably partly his fault, but the Cubs in general, their team just sucks this year!
yes they're a dissapointment! though not a lot of people thought they were going to make the playoffs because of the Astros and the Cardinals but they were still thought of as an ok team! but they played teerible!  

MC icedog
Captain

Razorfin Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:57 pm
Cubs are actually a disappointment, (not A's or Yankees). Look at the Roster. You got Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, HAD Greg Maddux. And then Michael Barret, Juan Pierre and Derek Lee. Dusty Baker at manager spot.

That team is a great all around, but the players all sucked  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:09 pm
Lets see here the Raiders are one because they were good in the Preseaon beat the 49ers.In the Season Raiders suck they lost to the 49ers.

Next would be the Giants they didn't make the playoffs again this year.  

KTS

MC icedog
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:15 pm
Razorfin Hunter
Cubs are actually a disappointment, (not A's or Yankees). Look at the Roster. You got Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, HAD Greg Maddux. And then Michael Barret, Juan Pierre and Derek Lee. Dusty Baker at manager spot.

That team is a great all around, but the players all sucked
ya! they just got a lot of injuries to key players. like Lee and others. the only player that played excellent was Carlos Zambrano who pitched wonderful all season!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:09 pm
this thread kind of depresses me, but i'm going to pay tribute to my favorite team who collapsed, anyway, the Giants. i was extremely excited before this season, and even when they were losing, i would follow them and listen on the radio despite the fact that they might have been losing 12-0. the winning streaks were great, but not enough. i hope Schmidt, my favorite Giant, sticks around, but i don't know. it was sad to see Felipe go, too, he had some good times with los Gigantes, but hey, you gotta move on. there's some promise in the young boys, however, like Matt Cain, Eliezer Alfonzo, Noah Lowry, Kevin Correa, Travis Ishikawa (who i really want to see play more), and so on. about Bonds, i'm not sure what i think in terms of him coming back or not. maybe the Giants should just start fresh all around. i'm hoping that i can see opening night, and possibly one of the Yankees games and a couple of others. plus, the Giants have some business with the Dodgers to take care of.  

doc.hyphae

sdpadrebob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:53 pm
I am dissapointed with my Padres trading away a solid 2nd baseman in Josh Barfield for an unproven 3rd baseman from Cleveland. Yeah he hit a grand slam in his first AB (first pitch even) But he was a dissapointment his remaining time in the bigs. Hope they spend the 38 million they have available wisely.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:55 pm
I am also dissapointed that the Baseball writers screwed Trevor Hoffman out of his Cy Young. Giving to Brandon Webb fer crissakes! Give me a flippin' break! Talk about a snub!  

sdpadrebob

JebusRice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:45 pm
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers, New Jersey Devils, New York Islanders, Montreal Canadiens, Colorado Avalanche (except for Joe Sakic).
NFL: Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers, Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets, Atlanta Falcons
MLB: Atlanta Braves, Chicago Cubs  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces