The Bible isn't pro-life so stop saying it is! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.[E]xplicit[R]esidue.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:33 pm
SterileNeedles
'Thou shalt not kill' is very vague though. Though shalt not kill what? Animals? Plants? People? It could apply to anything. And I believe that it was supposed to be 'Thou shalt not murder' as Toga said which is less vague.

Well, one, I love your avi, and two, I wholeheartedly agree.

When I was little, we had learned that passage in Sunday school, and so I used to think I was going to hell for squishing ants. When my little sister picked flowers, I'd try to replant them. It could apply to so many things that it's ridiculous to throw it around as they do.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:53 pm
The ten commandments were given to Moses by God because He was angry.

Basically, He came down and said.

"Stop killing each other.

Stop stealing each other's stuff.

And for your own sakes, STOP HAVING SEX WITH OTHER MEN'S WOMEN."

God wasn't trying to make a social statement about abortion, He was trying to set some rules.  

Captain_Theoretical

Joselle`Stark

Familiar Bloodsucker

10,025 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:20 pm
Captain_Theoretical
The ten commandments were given to Moses by God because He was angry.

Basically, He came down and said.

"Stop killing each other.

Stop stealing each other's stuff.

And for your own sakes, STOP HAVING SEX WITH OTHER MEN'S WOMEN."

God wasn't trying to make a social statement about abortion, He was trying to set some rules.

Pretty much trying to keep us from beating the s**t out of each other, right?

God sounds like a kindergarten teacher (and yes, that would be my sleep-deprived brain working there..)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:41 pm
.[E]xplicit[R]esidue.
SterileNeedles
'Thou shalt not kill' is very vague though. Though shalt not kill what? Animals? Plants? People? It could apply to anything. And I believe that it was supposed to be 'Thou shalt not murder' as Toga said which is less vague.

Well, one, I love your avi, and two, I wholeheartedly agree.

When I was little, we had learned that passage in Sunday school, and so I used to think I was going to hell for squishing ants. When my little sister picked flowers, I'd try to replant them. It could apply to so many things that it's ridiculous to throw it around as they do.

Thank you! xD It shall be in the avi arena next week because I always have to try...and yet always seem to fail. >>;

When I was little I'm pretty sure it meant that it only applied to people because I still ran around squashing ants and picking flowers (and talking to them to, or so my mother says that's what it looked like I was doing. I was actually chattering with my imaginary friends. xD ) But yeah...it's very vague. Unless God looks into the future I don't think he foresaw abortion and thus made no laws regarding it. I dunno, if you die and God decides to judge you for having an abortion just whip out the Laws in the old and new testament and ask him where it says to not have an abortion, specifically. xd Like "Thou shalt not have an abortion!"

Besides He gave us free will, so people need to butt out of other people's lives anyways. xP  

SterileNeedles

Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces