Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
They always say that Britain is only 10 years behind America Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:11 am
Enraged.-.Serenity
SSBrosM
Enraged.-.Serenity
Mm, I can see it now. Headline news: Girl is found hoarding morning-after pills in her basement.
and this is the rest of it. "Apparently she was stocking them up and giving them to people who were refused the pills at pharmacies and hospitals. This is what she said to camera's when she was being arrested, 'Everyone should have the right to do what they want and not be forced into doing something like having a pregnancy.' She will be arrainged next week. In other news, Pro-lifers protested outside of her house saying that she should get the death penalty..."

I'd be right next to those pro-lifers, bashing their heads in with their picket signs. Then I'd run up to a camera man, steal his camera, and have tons of fun taping the pro-lifers and aggresively interviewing them.
I like your style.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:14 am
Quote:
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain's code allows a pharmacist to refuse to sell or dispense drugs because of their religious or moral beliefs.

Op! Found a flaw in that code!

Let's say that Fred the Pharmacist is on shift when Betty, a person he hates, comes in and asks for the morning after pill. Well, Fred could just say, "I won't give you the pill because it violates my religious beliefs.", even if he's not religious one bit. Immature it might be, but who's to say it can never happen?  

Mera Hei

Timid Rogue

Shard Aerliss

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:00 pm
Oxymoronic Username

Let's say that Fred the Pharmacist is on shift when Betty, a person he hates, comes in and asks for the morning after pill. Well, Fred could just say, "I won't give you the pill because it violates my religious beliefs.", even if he's not religious one bit. Immature it might be, but who's to say it can never happen?

We can refuse to serve anyone for any reason except race and now I think religion, in that I can't refuse to serve a practicing Muslim (not like I'd need to... them not drinking and all)... however it is illegal to sell aacohol to a prostitute on the job... how the hell am I supposed to know she's a prostitute? Let alone on the job! Do they like... wear badges?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:51 am
Honestly, I think that rule is awful. I agree with a previous analogy: it's like a vegetarian working in McDonald's and refusing to serve burgers.

If they're going to have that implemented, they should at least make it so that there are two people on shift - one who's going to give out what they're told to and one who won't because of his 'morals and religious beliefs'.

Why should I have to walk twenty minutes to the next pharmacy because the guy two minutes away won't give me the Pill?  

Fran Salaska

.[E]xplicit[R]esidue.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:09 pm
SSBrosM
Enraged.-.Serenity
SSBrosM
Enraged.-.Serenity
Mm, I can see it now. Headline news: Girl is found hoarding morning-after pills in her basement.
and this is the rest of it. "Apparently she was stocking them up and giving them to people who were refused the pills at pharmacies and hospitals. This is what she said to camera's when she was being arrested, 'Everyone should have the right to do what they want and not be forced into doing something like having a pregnancy.' She will be arrainged next week. In other news, Pro-lifers protested outside of her house saying that she should get the death penalty..."

I'd be right next to those pro-lifers, bashing their heads in with their picket signs. Then I'd run up to a camera man, steal his camera, and have tons of fun taping the pro-lifers and aggresively interviewing them.
I like your style.

Hopefully, once were both arrested, we'll be in the same cell, wherein we can have lengthy conversations about absolutely nothing, and plot the iminent demise of certain political leaders.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff