You were wanted. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HouyoTsunamiMatrix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:03 am
My parent's wanted me to be a girl.

question I wonder if I would have been sexy?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:15 am
My brother and I were planned and wanted, for which I am very glad. My parents had lots of trouble getting pregnant. I finally came along and five years later I asked for a baby brother (BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER), and they obliged. xp

My grandmother still jokes about that. I want to punch her when she does.  

[Ernie]

Calixti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:51 am
My older brother and I were pleasant surprises. ^^ Our mom was on the Pill with both of us, but concieved anyway. My brother's dad walked out when he was a toddler, then my mom met my dad, they fell in love, got married, and I was born eight months later.

I think it's more important to be wanted than planned. My sister was planned, and she has a pretty bad relationship with our parents, but my brother and I are both close to Mom and Dad. "Planned" is overrated; it's the fact that you're wanted that matters.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:33 am
Me and my sisters were all planned and wanted. My mum was earlier than planned and oh man did she feel like it.

I feel wanted most of the time. I always wonder about the kids whose parents won't have them.  

Fran Salaska

Razornova

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:40 pm
On the matter of being adopted, it would kill me to know if I was wanted or not. I mean, a woman could be forced to put her baby, which may have been uplanned but wanted, up for adoption for social or financial reasons.

I don't know if I was planned, but I was wanted. I love my daddy more than anything else in the world. My mom is bipolar and very unstable, I can't honestly say that I know she loves me all the time, because she doesn't really know how to be a parent--I'm really glad I don't live with her anymore. I guess I'd feel the same about my parents if they were my adoptive parents instead of my biological ones. I can't really say.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:14 pm
I was unplanned and probably used to try and solve my parents' piss poor abusive marriage.  

October Cross

Fluffy Conventioneer

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SterileNeedles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:13 pm
HouyoTsunamiMatrix
My parent's wanted me to be a girl.

question I wonder if I would have been sexy?

xd *snerk!*

My mother guessed the gender wrong on all 3 of us (my brothers and me). She never wanted to know the gender of the baby, she preferred to guess and wait 'til birthday so she could be surprised. She thought I was going to be a boy and that my brothers were going to be girls. xD She didn't really care though what we were, just happy that we were there.

And I was planned and my 1st brother was planned, however my half-brother was the little 'accident'. I believe it happened when she was drunk. 0_o;

But we were all wanted either way.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:10 pm
My sister was wanted pretty badly. But my mother had a disease in her uterus, so the doctor said it would be highly unlikely for her to have one child if any.

And then along came my sister.

And then along came me.

And that was just perfect.

At first "You were a choice." sounds bad. I don't know, it's sort of an emotional appeal. To make it seem like the option of abortion trivializes life. But if you think about it, I'm happy I was a choice. It's like auditioning for a part in a play. I'd rather be picked because the director wanted me to be in the play, and thought I was good. Not because it was illegal to reject anyone, and I sucked and there were a bunch of people so I ended up being a part of the scenery and having a generally terrible time.

Also, the weird part about this play is that you won't be upset if you're rejected. In fact, some people even believe that you're going onto do a different play in which you'd have a better part. xd

It's true, some directors might feel guilty about rejecting you and wish they hadn't. But that doesn't mean all directors should be forced to cast everyone. gonk Some directors are extremely relieved to reject you.

Okay, overextended analogy but that's about it.  

Captain_Theoretical

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:35 pm
Unplanned, half-wanted - dad took off. This is why I'm an advocate for male termination of parental rights. They can still see the kid if the custodial parent(mother) allows it, but it wouldn't be good for them to call the guy dad or anything. Personally, I'd just be asked to be called "Uncle ".  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:21 pm
heiwa90
i think it's strange people put a value on being planned, every baby should be wanted, but even if I was an accident my parents would still want me...

Yeah, that's true, lol, my nephew whom everyone adores but who was completely accidental (my sister had been on birth control) being a great example, but I think the difference with "planned" is that your parents were, or thought they were, ready to have a kid at that point, which ideally makes it easier to swallow a pregnancy etc. because you made an effort for it to happen...

GreenSouthpaw

crystal_pepzi

7,050 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:05 pm
I was unplanned, unwanted and mum made damn sure I knew that from day one.

She kept me because she was babtist and abortion was murder in her eyes but that didn't keep her from throwing me off to my grandparents every chance she got.
She blamed her second pregnancy on me, as well as her marriage to my abusive step-father. "You had to have a father, how else could I trap him but by getting pregnant!?!"
Okay not her exact words, but that was the jist of it.
I remember being six years old and sitting in the back seat of mom's station wagon. She would joyfully talk about how the boys were "Suprizes" but I was a "accident". Then she'd sit back as my brothers taunted me about it.
When we were dead broke and she had to buy us things she'd yell at me "YOU RUINED MY LIFE!"

Honestly, a lot of the time I wished she had aborted me. It would of been easier to not exsist than to put up with the abuse they threw on their b*****d childs shoulders.

Anyways...

I hate those damn "You were a choice" adds...
Someone should tell them that for some women, it's not the right choice.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff