Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
You were wanted. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trite~Elegy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:58 am
Doesn't that sound nice? 'You were wanted'.
It's nice to be wanted.

~~~
Some random run of the mill noobish prolifer whom had seen me signature PMed with the whole "UR A MURDERE! U SHOULD BURN IN HELL FOR UR SINS, ITS NOT FAIR FOR U TO CHOSE WHO LIVES. UR NOT GOD!" argument.
gonk

Oh but Excuse me, but you're not god either, and right now he's probably up (where every he is) shaking his head and thinking what a bunch of screwups the human race is.
also, the fetus has no ability to remember if it was aborted since it's not even 'living' by itself in a literal sense.

anyways...

Has anyone ever noticed that lifer's and anti choicers always try to make the line "You were a choice" a bad thing?
To me it sounds like a good thing.
I mean think about it.
if you were little again would you rather hear your parents tell you that "I choose to have you", that they "planned to have you" , that "You were wanted", instead of "You were the biggest mistake of my life", " I was forced to have you"

I was a mistake.
and my mother was forced to have me because the family backthen was all gung-ho roman catholic.
I can say clearly that from observations of my childhood to those of my friends who were planned by their parents - mine sucked.
My mother didn't want to grow up overnight.
she was still a teen in her mind at 19.
she didn't want me.
and she probably still does not.
it's my fault right?

Well thats the idea kids get when you tell them 'You were a mistake'.
adoption is even worse.
thats just telling the kid, your parents didn't want you that much that they wouldn't even put up with you for 18 years.

Lifers and anti choicers always want women to pop out babies, no matter if the kid was planned or not.
but I think this is another case of them only caring about the fetuses - not the kids they grow into.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:56 am
They seem to believe that being forced to bear and then raise a child will automatically make the mother want it, because they believe there's an innate, biological compulsion to love your children.

The stars and tears in their eyes are blotting out a view of reality.  

Tahpenes

Quotable Shapeshifter

10,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Olympian 200

WatersMoon110

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:34 pm
I was planned, and probably wanted at the time. But my mother made it very clear during my childhood that she felt that having children ruined her life.

I don't understand why so many Pro-Lifers seem to believe that forcing a woman to raise a child is going to produce anything good. I guess as long as the unborn human doesn't die, what happens to it after it is born doesn't matter to them?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:35 pm
Meh, I was planned by mother... told my dad she was on the Pill... she just didn't want to work. *sigh* I wasn't wanted by both sides... though my dad loves me dearly and I am a daddies girl. Wierd, huh?  

Shard Aerliss

Half Baked SF

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:40 pm
WatersMoon110
I was planned, and probably wanted at the time. But my mother made it very clear during my childhood that she felt that having children ruined her life.

I don't understand why so many Pro-Lifers seem to believe that forcing a woman to raise a child is going to produce anything good. I guess as long as the unborn human doesn't die, what happens to it after it is born doesn't matter to them?
According to one lifer, it's perfectly fine to step back and not care for the born's child's welfare because now that child is in a time of its life where it is legally "safe" from being harmed without legal repercussions.

So by her logic, if/when abortion is made illegal lifers should step off women's bodies for good.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:42 pm
Unplanned, wanted, parents did not use contraception.

My mother's allergic to latex and could not find "safe" condoms for her, and could never remember to take the pill or put on a patch, which was not around at the time. She was also a teenager, but was in a serious relationship with my father.  

Half Baked SF

CAPTAIN Plixy[Stix]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:48 pm
I was planned, but my brother wasn't.

My parents love us both. :3

EDIT: And to be wanted and loved by someone is the greatest thing I've ever experienced and still am experiencing.

Whether that be from a friend, family member, or a lover. It feels nice.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:05 pm
My brother was the only one of my siblings (my mom's kids, anyway) that was planned. My two sisters and I were accidents, but I know that my mom had the choice to go through with her pregnancy and she did. I know that she loves all of us and that we were/still are all wanted. Even if we weren't planned, we were/are still wanted. 3nodding

EDIT: Knowing that I was wanted is a great feeling, and I can't imagine bringing an unwanted child into the world. I would feel absolutely horrible if I knew I wasn't wanted, so horrible that with my mental state at times I'd probably kill myself. I can't imagine doing that to another person; I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.  

Peppermint Schnapps

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:14 pm
I have no idea if my twin brother and I were wanted or not, but now they have to deal with us anyway. Although the doctor did tell my mother that one of us was already dead in the womb...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:18 pm
This lady who I had to watch in an asbtinence video was probably the most selfish person I have ever met. She said that "every child is wanted by someone" so she bad mouthed abortion whenever there was slight mention.

If those 2 million people she whined about really wanted kids theyd adopt the 500,000 who need to be.

I was, wanted. My mother really wanted me. I was unplanned, but wanted. I'm glad. I'd never be happy if I knew I wasnt wanted. But I was.  

Miraculous Jorbee

GreenSouthpaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:27 pm
I find it funny: I'm a twin; my mom had had my two older sisters and then miscarried before me and my sister were born, and my dad had said that after this "baby" was born then no more children, and my mom wanted four kids, so it worked out for both of them mrgreen . I was the fourth kid my mom wanted, and after that there were none lol . In a sense I was unplanned and my sister was planned even though we're the product of the same pregnancy... At any rate, it's good to know that your parents care for you (even if their ways of showing it can be frustrating at times). heart .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:24 pm
I was about as planned as you can get (me being a test tube baby) and wanted, too. My dad jokes about having wanted a dog instead, but that's all it is, jokes.  

Tsamikayu

Joselle`Stark

Familiar Bloodsucker

10,025 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:04 am
I was kind of planned and wanted (yet treated like s**t...)-- my mother was trying, and had a few miscarriages before me. She got pregnant with me as soon as she stopped trying. Funny how things work, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:04 am
My parents got pregnant accidentally and miscarried. Got pregnant on purpose had my brother, this followed by an accidental and miscarriage followed by planned and me...coincidence?

i think it's strange people put a value on being planned, every baby should be wanted, but even if I was an accident my parents would still want me...

Electric Kool-Aid

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:15 am
I think the point is here, as mentioned in the first post, is that although someone may not have been planned we still would rather here "you were wanted" rather than "I had to have you against my will."  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff