Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trite~Elegy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:59 pm
Parents can do much worse.

This makes me angry
I might not like screaming annoying little brats, but this is just horrid happening to this innocent 9 year old boy imo.
after reading that I wanted to do the same to the father.
then probably beat him to an inch of his life everysingle day for the rest of his life mad

I hate parents who overpunish their kids or who don't punish them at all.

That poor kid.
He's going to be messed up for the rest of his life, ya know? not only physically, but severly mentally.
only allowed to go to the bathroom one a day? hell I've been told that I'm weird for only going to the bathroom maybe twice a day, and my bladder is fully grown and so am I, plus I'm not sick. What kind of internal damage do you think that poor boy has, since he's in one of the biggest growing faces of his life, and probably not in the best of health.

argh! scream

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:12 pm
Many children who are kept in states of depravation like that experience what is called "failure to thrive." Mortality rates are extremely high in such cases.

There was a case a while ago where a father kept his daughter in the basement tied to a chair for her entire life. She couldn't even speak because she received no human contact whatsoever (besides basics such as feedings). She was perfectly healthy physically, but she died anyway because of the emotional abuse she had undergone.

Very few children in such extreme states of failure to thrive live to reach puberty.

It sounds like this boy could at least communicate, so he will probably live. But my point is this - the meeting of basic physical necessities is NOT enough to raise a child. That's something many pro-lifers who scream for adoption or for women to raise unwanted children fail to realize. Many of these kids experience failure to thrive and will suffer side effects in varying degrees. Many will reach puberty very early, be of a very short stature, and experience a whole host of mental problems from the lack of parental love.

To quote Pet Cemetary - Sometimes dead is better.  

Akhakhu

The Velveteen Violinist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:04 pm
I can't say!

Anyways, remember in Happy Porrer, the Demontor's Kiss?

Lupin described it as a "Fate far worse than death....."

I think that this qualifies.

Children kept emotionally abused like and chained away cruelly from everyone tend to not develope crucial speech skills too...

Not to mention they're ABUSED socially!

I want to chain the father (and if she had a role, the mother,) to a lamppost in Loryn Anderson Cave.

...Which by the way was used to experiment with hazardous bacteria.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:15 pm
If you ask me, Le Chat, the mother DID have a role. Inaction can be as much part of the abuse as the actions are. She watched her husband do this to her son and, by the sound of her, did nothing to stop him. She's as guilty as he is, imo.

It's not the evil actions of bad men that we must fear, but the lack of action from good men.  

Akhakhu

The_Thread _Reaper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:10 pm
For the love of all things sacred, that makes me sick!!

Why are the people who can't handle kids always the ones that have them?

I may want to ask a pro-lifer that..hmmm.. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:21 am
That's sick. No one should have to go through that.

And I agree with Kukushka. Anyone who's studied even the basics of child psycology knows, that having your physical needs taken care of mean jack s**t if you're not getting emotional stimulation and support. Saying "just put it up for adoption! At least it's alive!" means s**t. Yeah, it's alive now, but where's the emotional support? Where's the love? Simple things like hugs work wonders on children, and if tehy don't get them, they can be seriously effected.

Being depressed and feeling no one loves you, while everyone around you wants to help is one thing.

Feeling that way and knowing no one cares is another. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. This is why I would never give birth and use adoption. There is no guarentee that my child would be taken care of properly, let alone given the love it needs. Any pro-lifer who says otherwise doesn't care about the child at all, otherwise they'd know. Essentially, they're just pushing the problem further away, so they don't have to see it, hear it, or deal with it.  

MipsyKitten
Crew

Tingilyae

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:32 am
Kukushka
If you ask me, Le Chat, the mother DID have a role. Inaction can be as much part of the abuse as the actions are. She watched her husband do this to her son and, by the sound of her, did nothing to stop him. She's as guilty as he is, imo.

It's not the evil actions of bad men that we must fear, but the lack of action from good men.

QFT.
She didn't have to physically or even verbally restrain the father from doing what he did. An anonymous call to the Social Services or the police would've been enough, wouldn't it?

Poor boy, I really hope he turns out alright.

And that those people get punished royally for what they did.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:02 am
MipsyKitten
That's sick. No one should have to go through that.

And I agree with Kukushka. Anyone who's studied even the basics of child psycology knows, that having your physical needs taken care of mean jack s**t if you're not getting emotional stimulation and support. Saying "just put it up for adoption! At least it's alive!" means s**t. Yeah, it's alive now, but where's the emotional support? Where's the love? Simple things like hugs work wonders on children, and if tehy don't get them, they can be seriously effected.

Being depressed and feeling no one loves you, while everyone around you wants to help is one thing.

Feeling that way and knowing no one cares is another. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. This is why I would never give birth and use adoption. There is no guarentee that my child would be taken care of properly, let alone given the love it needs. Any pro-lifer who says otherwise doesn't care about the child at all, otherwise they'd know. Essentially, they're just pushing the problem further away, so they don't have to see it, hear it, or deal with it.

I know what you mean.

I personally know the people who are a part of Project Centipede which gives necessities to kids in orphanages in Romania. I was talking to the person who drives one of the vans transporting the goods a while ago and he told me how loveable the kids are whenever they visit them. They can hardly spend enough time picking up each kid and giving them hugs and having a bunch of them cling to them while they are trying to unload the boxes.

These kids might get all their physical needs taken care of (with the added bonus of the project centipede boxes) but their mental needs such as hugging and getting petted on the head or even getting SMILED at are never met by the people who take care of these kids.  

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:02 pm
There was a lot of news a while ago about the Romanian orphanages and how something like 80% of them died, despite having all their needs met. Those who survived were almost always of stunted growth.

There was an orphanage near where my husband grew up. The physical needs weren't really being met there either, as well as the psychological ones. If anyone has ever read Jane Eyre, it was a bit like that. Tuberculosis rates were through the roof. My mother-in-law used to knit scarves, hats, socks, and sweaters for them every winter and they donated all the old clothes their kids had grown out of. She didn't want to actually go in, though, because of the TB problem. She didn't want her own kids (or even herself) catching it.

But my point is that adoption is NOT a good option. There is no way in hell that I would EVER put my child out into the world defenceless like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:17 am
This reminds me of an article I saw a few days ago while looking up some news articles for a project.

I've been looking for it again but it's dissapeared under all the new crap that's been going on, but I'll summarize it anyway.

Basically this new mother got into a fight with her boyfriend and ended up swinging her infant as a weapon at him and made contact, which addled the poor infants brains and now he's in intensive care.

How the ******** do you go so out of your mind that you think THAT'S a good idea??

I think they're arresting her and taking her other kids away from her too..but I hardly think justice has been done. I may not even like children and I at least know better to do that..that's just evil.  

The_Thread _Reaper

Trite~Elegy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:36 am
The_Thread _Reaper
This reminds me of an article I saw a few days ago while looking up some news articles for a project.

I've been looking for it again but it's dissapeared under all the new crap that's been going on, but I'll summarize it anyway.

Basically this new mother got into a fight with her boyfriend and ended up swinging her infant as a weapon at him and made contact, which addled the poor infants brains and now he's in intensive care.

How the ******** do you go so out of your mind that you think THAT'S a good idea??

I think they're arresting her and taking her other kids away from her too..but I hardly think justice has been done. I may not even like children and I at least know better to do that..that's just evil.

ah I seen that too. heres a random newslink I found for it  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:26 pm
The_Thread _Reaper
For the love of all things sacred, that makes me sick!!

Why are the people who can't handle kids always the ones that have them?

I may want to ask a pro-lifer that..hmmm.. rolleyes
Like my mom always said "You always get what you can barely handle."  

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

KoopaTroopa18

Dapper Gekko

5,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:28 pm
Trite~Elegy
The_Thread _Reaper

ah I seen that too. heres a random newslink I found for it
What's probably going to happen is the mother will fight to get her kids back, the justice system is going to f**k itself up and give her the children back, and the kids will grow up with who knows how many mental/physical scars.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:12 pm
That's one of the reasons I'm thankful for abortion. If you don't want or aren't ready for a kid, you could mess their lives up so badly. Why bring a child into a world already so horrific just to give them a less than decent introduction to it all?  

ChemicalSoiree

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:48 am
ChemicalSoiree
That's one of the reasons I'm thankful for abortion. If you don't want or aren't ready for a kid, you could mess their lives up so badly. Why bring a child into a world already so horrific just to give them a less than decent introduction to it all?

One thing that always bugs me, though, is that the people who are sensible enough to examine their lives and say "you know what, I'm just not ready for this" are probably the same people who would make things work and turn out pretty OK parents.

It's the ones who say "ZOMG MUST HAVE BEBES AT ALL COSTS AND TAKE ALL RIGHTS AWAY FROM EVERYONE MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" who tend to end up with these crazy "lock child in the basement to protect him from sin" things.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff