Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:30 pm
Welcome all! Merry meet! Blessed be!

Welcome to the true Charmed craft.

Rules:
Follow TOS
Be kind
Respect people's religion

Feel free to ask any Questions or Post anything in this Sub-Forum!!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:02 am
About Konomiko:

Konomiko is 14

She's been in and out of Wicca 2 Years and now is fully dedicated.

She LOVES The Rasmus

Her Wiccan name is Raissa (thinker in french) and you may call her by that or by Mortisha.

She is a solitary witch and so far is enjoying it but she plans to join a coven where there are people older then her so she can learn so much more.

She worships Bast and a universal god. (She needs to learn more about the gods before she chooses one)

She has hopes of one day being a priestess but now enjoys being leader of this sub-forum ^^

She's short 5'2, has dark brown hair, brown eyes which people say are cool. >< Hell, she doesn't know.

Her choice books for Wicca are:

Silver Ravenwolf's: Teen Witch (If she could find that book in her Barnes and Noble she'd get it ><)

Silver Ravenwolf's: To Ride a Silver Broomstick (It has more information then spells.)

Silver Ravenwolf's: Witch's Grimore (I think thats what its called. She wants this book too)

Erin Murphy-Hiscock's: Solitary Wicca (Its a great introduction)

Author unknown >,< The Only Wiccan Spellbook You'll Ever Need. (Great for finding herbs, stones, colors and their meaning)  

`Germicide
Crew

Starlock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:59 am
I 'spose since I'll probably be contributing a bit here as well I'll stick up some info as well...

Currently 22 years old, going to be 23 come this November.

Recently graduated from college and am currently working in conservation.

I've been following a Neopagan path diligently for two years (as in intensive research, involvement, and practice), dabbling for many years before that; like many you could say I was Neopagan since I left the Church (which was over ten years ago) though it was only two years ago I discovered that what I did actually had a name. Please note that I do not consider myself Wiccan because while most of my practice bears a Wiccan-flavor, I do not use the Lord and Lady as my prime divine metaphor.

I primarily work with Gaia; all things of the Earth and pertaining to the Earth such as Sun spirit and Moon spirit. My practice involves both studying the mythology and folklore of the natural world as well as studing the Earth sciences.

Starter books? My growing must-read list goes something like this:

Paganism: An Introduction to Earth-Centered Religion by Joyce and River Higginbotham

An absolute must-read book for general Neopagan practice. This book does what few others I have read even attempt: philosophy and theology. If you want a book with some actual meat in it; probing questions that will get you thinking about how you see the divine, magic, and the universe, this is a book you'll buy and return to again and again.

Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham

While I personally don't care for this book that much, it is just plain a classic starting poin in the literature. This was among the first manuals for solitary practice published. For that reason, it's on the must-read list.

Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft by Raymond Buckland

This is on here for a similar reason as the above work. While I don't personally like it, this one is even more classic than Cunningham's work. For those of you who don't know, Ray Buckland is the guy who braught Wicca to America. Honor his contribution by giving this book a breeze through!

Drawing Down the Moon by Margot Adler

While some bits of this work are a bit dated, it's still an absolute must-read. This was among the first studies done on the Neopagan movement. I recommend this for more upper-level readers as it is largely academic in its approach.

Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft (3rd Ed)

Wow... a third edition has come out! I'll have to go read it! When I read through dozens of 101 books, this one struck me as one of the best. Presents things in an easy format and lacks most of the misinformation that some other 101 books have.

Inner Temple Witchcraft by Christopher Penczak

I was skeptical of this series at first until I bothered to sit down and read through an entire book of his. It's one of the densest, well put together works I've read in spite of areas where I personally disagree with his take on things. What I suggest is to take his first two books as guideposts and read further on each of the subjects he discusses in the chapters.

The Spiral Dance by Starhawk

Yet another early-movement author that is just a classic must-read. Some of her later stuff is quite fantastic, so don't stop here if you like her style.

Triumph of the Moon by Ronald Hutton

If you care even *remotely* about knowing the REAL history of the Craft as opposed to the typical innacurate or revisionistic crap you'll see in most 101 books (such as in Ravenwolf's works or even Buckland's early works and some recent works!) read this. It is *not* a light read. Heavily academic, properly-researched, but as of yet the best history out there.

The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell

Read as much of his stuff as you have the time and patience for. I haven't given his works the full treatment I would like, but this guy is seriously knowledgable in mythology.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:54 pm
Konomiko92

Author unknown >,< The Only Wiccan Spellbook You'll Ever Need. (Great for finding herbs, stones, colors and their meaning)
The only Wiccan Spellbook you'll ever need is by Marian Singer and Trish MacGregor.  

13lackMagic
Vice Captain

`Germicide
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:57 pm
13lackMagic
Konomiko92

The only Wiccan Spellbook you'll ever need is by Marian Singer and Trish MacGregor.

Right thankies  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:20 pm
Konomiko92
13lackMagic
Konomiko92

Right thankies
No Problem biggrin  

13lackMagic
Vice Captain

hemo_kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:46 am
Hi, I am Jason

I am 14,

I am a True Dedicated Wiccan I have wen't into the craft.

I am a part of a sacred coven, called the Triquartra Coven.

I like the show Charmed of all people that's why I have wen't into the craft.

I will tell more later.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:50 am
I hope it is okay if I post in here... Well here's some information on me and feel free to tell me if I am not allowed.

I am called Siobhain and I also use that for my Wiccan name currently.

I am a solo Wiccan, well okay I work with a very close friend called Simon but we are not part of a coven, not yet at least.

I am sixteen and shall be seventeen in May.

I have many books on the craft and have my own Book of Shadows. I will post up some of the titles when I remember them.

I will post more when I think of it.  

Sada Mitsuko

Wiccan_Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:55 am
Hello, my name is Tasha which means Beautiful and I am Wiccan. I am 32, and will be 33 on Oct. 31. I am a Scorpio. I love the Zodiac too. I live in Oregon and have 2 wonderful children and a awesome boyfriend and a spoiled little cat. I miss California where I grew up. I enjoy celebrating the sabbats and I keep my own spell book, my book of shadows. I follow the rule, do as you will but, harm none. I put salt on my front steps on the first Friday of each month. I write my own spells and I like to incorporate it into my cooking and baths. I am also naturally physic. I know things before they happen, I don't know why. I love heavy metal and horror movies and pizza is my fav. food. I can't think of anything else to tell ya right now. but, my url for my myspace is on my profile page if you wanna play I spy, lol! razz  
True Wicca

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games