PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:51 pm
OMG they are near me! gonk

*Dies*  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:15 pm
Kukushka
Lady Yazoo
,...are..you serious?

Sadly, I am.

On a side note, there doesn't seem to be anything going on in Canada (for Setar's benefit as well as my own), but I've printed out an applications to volunteer at PP and I'll probably be handing that in on Wednesday (or mailing it on Monday, whichever route I decide to take).

EDIT: I forgot to mention, watch where your money is going. If, for example, you transfer some of your money into a friend's bank account and that friend donates to an organization the government doesn't approve of, they can nab you. They are monitoring that as well, now. Which is why I can't donate to anything for a few years because otherwise it can hurt my dad (since he is transfering money to me for tuition).
Jebus Cripes! When did this start?  

Lupine Pyrefly

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:25 pm
Kukushka
Lady Yazoo
,...are..you serious?

Sadly, I am.

On a side note, there doesn't seem to be anything going on in Canada (for Setar's benefit as well as my own), but I've printed out an applications to volunteer at PP and I'll probably be handing that in on Wednesday (or mailing it on Monday, whichever route I decide to take).

EDIT: I forgot to mention, watch where your money is going. If, for example, you transfer some of your money into a friend's bank account and that friend donates to an organization the government doesn't approve of, they can nab you. They are monitoring that as well, now. Which is why I can't donate to anything for a few years because otherwise it can hurt my dad (since he is transfering money to me for tuition).

Actually, there is stuff in Canada. http://lifechain.net/CanList_V2.html#CANADA  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:25 pm
Quote:
TORONTO -...Jane at Finch...
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL  

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

Kabocha-chan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:26 pm
Hah! There's one at the local Planned Parenthood.
I'm surprised they don't have it at the other clinic down on Rt. 13... (Though, it says "pro-choice clinic for women" on the sign, I'm not entirely sure. I should check it out...)

And the... OMG. The organizer is one of my friend's parents. Damn. Delaware REALLY is a small state. Dover's even smaller...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:05 pm
Lupine Pyrefly
Jebus Cripes! When did this start?

In general?

2000 elections.

As for the specifics, it's been a long and slow process. The current administration has been slowly eroding away our human rights since they came to power. And they keep pulling "Look over there! Terrorists!" bullshit so that no one notices. Or, if they do notice, are too afraid of being called "unpatriotic" or "terrorist sympathizer" to say anything about it.

Lord Setar
Actually, there is stuff in Canada. http://lifechain.net/CanList_V2.html#CANADA

I meant counter stuff from PP wink

But I could still be wrong cause it's been known to happen (albeit rarely).  

Akhakhu

YellowRoses610

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:35 pm
Kabocha-chan
Hah! There's one at the local Planned Parenthood.
I'm surprised they don't have it at the other clinic down on Rt. 13... (Though, it says "pro-choice clinic for women" on the sign, I'm not entirely sure. I should check it out...)

And the... OMG. The organizer is one of my friend's parents. Damn. Delaware REALLY is a small state. Dover's even smaller...

You live in Deleware also. I live in newark.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:00 pm
The closest one to me is...a few miles away. Damn my inability to drive.

EDIT: And hrm, I found out that the PP closest to my house offers abortion services, as well a number of other ones. Good to keep in mind.  

Reinna Astarel

October Cross

Fluffy Conventioneer

5,300 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:09 am
I was already thinking about protesting this month. This just gives me more of an urgent reason to gather people around their views. I've already started working on getting people together and working on a date for a counter-protest.

The protest is only a couple minutes away from where I live.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:27 pm
I love my Aunt, who may not be blood-related, but she's the best family member I've got. I was half asleep, and I logged onto this and saw this thread, so I walked up to my Aunt, tapped her on the shoulder, and said to drive me to San Diego. All I had to say was "protest against the PP's" and she said to grab the picket signs.

Mm, well basically I'm going to jail or juvenile hall because of the s**t I randomly click on. DAMN YOU RANDOM POP-UP WINDOWS! It was the one that asked if I wanted a Russian wife, wasn't it? crying  

.[E]xplicit[R]esidue.

Joselle`Stark

Familiar Bloodsucker

10,025 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:08 am
This really pisses me off. These are the same idiots who ended up getting the only low-income prenatal care center in my hometown SHUT DOWN because the people who run it couldn't take the harassment, and neither could their patients. They kept insisting it was an abortion clinic (because it was a safe space for women to schedule abortions with the Planned Parenthood in Atlanta, as was the Planned Parenthood right across the ******** street)!

Now, thanks to these ********, prenatal care is harder to come by. What's really ironic is that the Planned Parenthood across the street (which is supposedly their worst enemy) was left completely alone. Apparently, if just the logo is displayed, nobody realizes what the building is.

Part of me wants to laugh, but part wants to vomit as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:30 am
Well so. On sunday, we drove passed the mall, because it is the fastest way to the store we needed to get to. I actually forgot about the protest. And, when we seen it.

It was pathetic. They had children UNDER 10 holding signs. At Leat 1/3 of them were CHILDREN. All they are likely to actually understand about abortion is "it's bad! Cuz mommy and daddy say so!" Which I believe it's wrong to bring children that young to ANY protest.

Another 1/3 were Junior High/Middle School looking. And the last 1/3 was comprised of a few adults and elderly. It wouldn't have been worth counter-protesting them.  

Yi Min

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:05 am
Oh Lord, they're gonna be 3 blocks from my apartment (the Pittsburgh/Oakland location)! gonk

Luckily, that's my boyfriend's and my anniversary, so we'll be out of town.

Or maybe un-luckily, 'cause I'd definitely try to organize a counter-protest.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:06 am
I went to the protest Sunday a few towns away, where there was actually a Planned Parenthood and an organized counter-protest. Their protest was pretty pathetic though. Only about thirty people? Ours had about fifty, plus the employees of the Planned Parenthood who protested while they weren't working/volunteering.

About the youngest person on our side was my age (I think she was a freshman in high school; I'm a sophomore). There were a few more high school kids besides us, but then everyone else was twenties and thirties, and a few were middle-aged.

Over half the other side looked younger than me. It was like eight moms decided to do something as a family on Sunday, and thought "what better family activity is there than an anti-abortion protest!" It made me want to puke. There was one kid about four or five years old holding a huge sign above his head that had an arrow pointing down and said, "Would you really KILL ME because YOU messed up?" It was disgusting. I felt so bad for those kids.  

Kristoya

nobhdy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:12 pm
Tyshia
There was one kid about four or five years old holding a huge sign above his head that had an arrow pointing down and said, "Would you really KILL ME because YOU messed up?" It was disgusting. I felt so bad for those kids.

Haha. Yeah, those kids have no idea what they're being forced into at all. They appear to be being used as a tool. I don't know why I find that so funny.

I guess its because getting an abortion does not equate to murdering a 5 year old kid.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff