Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
LifeChain protests Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kristoya

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:34 pm
Is anyone planning on organizing any counter-protests for the LifeChain protests taking place on October 1st? Because I'd really like to organize one, but I'm not quite sure how to do it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:11 pm
Where are they protesting, for starters?  

Half Baked SF

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:40 pm
Are there any around Langley or in Vancouver? I'm talking Canada. If this is US only, no can do because of recent problems at the local border crossings, plus longass lines.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:37 pm
Oooo, I'm in Southern CA, so if it's around my area, count me in.

Can you give me more info about the LifeChain protests?  

The Velveteen Violinist

Kristoya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:38 am
Sorry I didn't give more info in the first post.

LifeChain is a pro-life organization that's planning a nation-wide (for the US) protest against abortions October 1st and October 29th. Planned Parenthood is currently organizing counter-protests (you'll have to contact your local Planned Parenthood to find out when and where), but there unfortunately isn't a Planned Parenthood within 50 miles (probably a helluva lot more) of where I live, so I was thinking of organizing my own, but I don't think I'll be able to now.

If you want more info on where and when the LifeChain protests are taking place, you'll have to visit their website. www.lifechain.net
There's a list on the site that has all the locations for every protest they're doing.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:43 pm
Tyshia
Sorry I didn't give more info in the first post.

LifeChain is a pro-life organization that's planning a nation-wide (for the US) protest against abortions October 1st and October 29th. Planned Parenthood is currently organizing counter-protests (you'll have to contact your local Planned Parenthood to find out when and where), but there unfortunately isn't a Planned Parenthood within 50 miles (probably a helluva lot more) of where I live, so I was thinking of organizing my own, but I don't think I'll be able to now.

If you want more info on where and when the LifeChain protests are taking place, you'll have to visit their website. www.lifechain.net
There's a list on the site that has all the locations for every protest they're doing.
Nowhere near my area. sweatdrop  

Half Baked SF

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:26 pm
Oh, my goodness.
Looks like Toronto is getting bombarded gonk None here in Brampton though....

I'm busy tomorrow though anyway =(  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:39 pm
Three in my area, none near me.  

Lord Setar

Lupine Pyrefly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:04 pm
I don't want that site to show up on my records, so I'm not clicking it.

Probably none near me anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:05 pm
Lupine Pyrefly

What's wrong with it showing up on your records, if I may ask?  

Lord Setar

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:42 pm
Lord Setar
Lupine Pyrefly

Have you not heard?

In the US, citizens no longer have the right to privacy. All phone calls and internet hits may be monitored. If you do anything they don't like, you may end up in Guantanamo without trial. Best case scenario, you may end up on "no fly" lists (as many peace protestors (whom the government refers to as "potential terrorists") already have been - including the leading figures of the Quaker Church of America - yes, that's right, an entire religion).  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:52 pm
Kukushka
Lord Setar
Lupine Pyrefly

Have you not heard?

In the US, citizens no longer have the right to privacy. All phone calls and internet hits may be monitored. If you do anything they don't like, you may end up in Guantanamo without trial. Best case scenario, you may end up on "no fly" lists (as many peace protestors (whom the government refers to as "potential terrorists") already have been - including the leading figures of the Quaker Church of America - yes, that's right, an entire religion).

,...are..you serious?  

Miraculous Jorbee

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:03 pm
Damn and here i thought they'd be in Festus (Missouri) which i always mistake for Fetus.

Why did they change the date? Couldn't get a permit?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:28 pm
Lady Yazoo
Kukushka
Lord Setar
Lupine Pyrefly

Have you not heard?

,...are..you serious?

Yes, that's serious. I haven't had the wonderful experience of finding out if I'm on any lists, but I suspect I am.

As to LifeChain, there's one in Lubbock, but I currently have a bad cold and I don't think I'll be well by then. And there's another in my hometown the 29th, which makes me REALLY irritated since I just took a trip there.  

Pandora Box

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:49 pm
Lady Yazoo
,...are..you serious?

Sadly, I am.

On a side note, there doesn't seem to be anything going on in Canada (for Setar's benefit as well as my own), but I've printed out an applications to volunteer at PP and I'll probably be handing that in on Wednesday (or mailing it on Monday, whichever route I decide to take).

EDIT: I forgot to mention, watch where your money is going. If, for example, you transfer some of your money into a friend's bank account and that friend donates to an organization the government doesn't approve of, they can nab you. They are monitoring that as well, now. Which is why I can't donate to anything for a few years because otherwise it can hurt my dad (since he is transfering money to me for tuition).  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff