Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
Forced pregnancy, A crime against humanity : UN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prinsesse Maggie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:00 am
Kukushka
Clinton was almost empeached because he cheated on his wife.
Clinton was impeached. But yeah, it does show how screwy priorities are. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:59 am
adabyron
Kukushka

No he wasn't, silly. He ended his term normally. But the empeachment trial lasted a very long time. Far longer than it should have for something that isn't illegal.  

Akhakhu

Prinsesse Maggie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:52 pm
Kukushka
adabyron
Kukushka

No he wasn't, silly. He ended his term normally. But the empeachment trial lasted a very long time. Far longer than it should have for something that isn't illegal.
He was impeached and acquitted, thus ending his term normally. The fact that there was an impeachment means he was impeached....  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:05 pm
But you did say that Clinton was impeached, silly adabyron.
Here's what you said:
adabyron
Kukushka

Politics is so confuzling! cry  

petit_diable

Lord Setar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:52 pm
adabyron
Kukushka
adabyron
Kukushka

He was impeached and acquitted, thus ending his term normally. The fact that there was an impeachment means he was impeached....

IIRC, impeachment isn't when you're given the boot - it's when the president, vice-president or a Senate member is put on trial.

Also, Clinton is impeached for having an affair, which is not federally illegal(it's illegal in North Dakota), yet Bush ADMITS to violating several amendments that cover the issue of fair trial, due process and punishment, and he gets NOTHING.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:21 pm
But you're so redundant, silly petit_diable!
petit_diable
But you did say that Clinton was impeached, silly adabyron.
Here's what you said:
adabyron
Kukushka

Politics is so confuzling! cry
Um... right. I know what I said. He was impeached. That's why I said it. 3nodding I even said it a second time.
I
So I'm not sure why you're pointing it out as if I'm going to be surprised. xd I'll even say it again, for good measure. Clinton was impeached!  

Prinsesse Maggie

pidgezero_one

Original Fatcat

10,775 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:08 pm
Go UN!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:14 pm
Lord Setar
IIRC, impeachment isn't when you're given the boot - it's when the president, vice-president or a Senate member is put on trial.

Also, Clinton is impeached for having an affair, which is not federally illegal(it's illegal in North Dakota), yet Bush ADMITS to violating several amendments that cover the issue of fair trial, due process and punishment, and he gets NOTHING.

My question is... Why does our government care more about someone's sexual habits than the rights of the rest of the country?
Is it THAT important to oppress someone in the bedroom? (Kitchen... car.. wherever.)  

Kabocha-chan

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:32 pm
adabyron

I'm pretty sure it was just an empeachment trial, but no actual verdict was given...

I could be wrong though...

Jesus, you Americans and your silly politics. Where I come from, if we don't like a leader, we just eat him. And his children, too, just to be sure. That was amended in after the second Bush came to power. We figured it would be best not to take risks.

Kabocha-chan
My question is... Why does our government care more about someone's sexual habits than the rights of the rest of the country?
Is it THAT important to oppress someone in the bedroom? (Kitchen... car.. wherever.)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:35 pm
Kukushka
adabyron

I'm pretty sure it was just an empeachment trial, but no actual verdict was given...
There was a trial, which means he was impeached. He was acquitted, i.e. the verdict of not guilty was given.

For the record, he wasn't impeached for having sexual relations with someone other than his wife. He was impeached for lying.
the Senate's trail memorandum
The President is charged in two Articles with: 1) Perjury and false and misleading testimony and statements under oath before a federal grand jury (Article I), and 2) engaging in a course of conduct or scheme to delay and obstruct justice (Article II).
(It's worth posing the question why he would lie about it. That would certainly be relevant here.)
Kabocha-chan
It's supposed to keep our minds off of the bigger matters. We're nosy creatures. Give us a reason to look in our neighbor's windows, and maybe we won't notice what's going on the next block over.  

Prinsesse Maggie

Talon-chan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:04 pm
Clinton was not impeached because he had an affair.

Clinton was impeached because he lied under oath about having an affair.

While adultery is not a crime, purjury is.

Bush has done a lot more than Clinton and it was much more serious than anything Clinton did... but Clinton did break the law and was put on trial for it.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:05 pm
adabyron
There was a trial, which means he was impeached. He was acquitted, i.e. the verdict of not guilty was given.

Aaah, I see. Oh man....

adabyron
For the record, he wasn't impeached for having sexual relations with someone other than his wife. He was impeached for lying.

Then why the hell isn't Bush there?  

Akhakhu

Prinsesse Maggie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:22 pm
Kukushka
adabyron

Then why the hell isn't Bush there?
Guess we only care if you lie about tabloid-quality stuff? Or maybe it's not a lie if you don't pronounce all the words correctly? Seriously, though, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with what Bush has said under oath as opposed to... over oath?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:39 pm
Talon-chan
Clinton was not impeached because he had an affair.

Clinton was impeached because he lied under oath about having an affair.

While adultery is not a crime, purjury is.

Bush has done a lot more than Clinton and it was much more serious than anything Clinton did... but Clinton did break the law and was put on trial for it.

And the Bush administration is also breaking the law - the Bill of Rights and Constitution are laws meant to restrict the power the government has. Bush, Cheney, and anyone else in the Bush administration responsible for what is going on should be put on trial for crimes against humanity, and the Bush administration should be removed from office.  

Lord Setar

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:10 am
adabyron
Seriously, though, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with what Bush has said under oath as opposed to... over oath?

He's looked the camera in the eye and knowingly lied. He's made countless speeches to the US where he said things he knew to not be true. I don't know if these were under oath, but for a president to deliberatly lie to his people seems like it ought to be a crime, no?

Lord Setar
should be put on trial for crimes against humanity

Agreed.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out