Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pro-Choice Gaians
Hypocrisy of Religion: Priest ******** Nun, Nun aborts... twice Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talon-chan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:09 pm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=405006&in_page_id=1811

How saucy.

The only moral abortion is my abortion!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:58 pm
*snicker* They're screwed now. I'd like to see how the church'll cover this up.  

Lupine Pyrefly

LadyInWhite

3,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:17 pm
*snort-laughs*

The Church gonna excommunicate those two like they did the 11year old raped girl?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:09 pm
LadyInWhite
*snort-laughs*

The Church gonna excommunicate those two like they did the 11year old raped girl?

Probably just reassign him to a different church. Dx  

EmmaRaikou

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Talon-chan
The only moral abortion is my abortion!

Yup, pretty much. It's the sad but true excuse so many times.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:37 pm
stare

Yeah, the only moral abortion is my abortion because I NEED ITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To keep my face.  

The Velveteen Violinist

Nethilia

Liberal Member

3,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:50 pm
I think a "what in Hell" is more than apt here.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:25 pm
LadyInWhite
*snort-laughs*

They excommunicated the SURGEONS, not the girl.

Because this girl obviously needed to keep a child that came from her abusive stepfather. The surgeons just murdered it for money. Not "saving the girl's life" or whatever crazy excuse they make up to kill babies. rolleyes

Makes me sick... I really hope the church can't recover at this point. As mean and bitter as it sounds.

This reminds me of a topic on one of my Myspace groups about Seventeen magazine. The September 2006 issue has an article that I think was titled "My mom made me have an abortion." While NOBODY should be forced into a decision about their reproductive health, this girl really made me sick. She was a good little pro-life christian girl before, but then she had unprotected sex with some boy and got pregnant. She wanted to have the baby, but her mother took her to get an abortion instead to save the family from shame. And, you know, because a young teenager, especially one this immature and irresponsible with herself, should not be raising a child. Nobody told this girl about the actual procedure, so it scared the crap out of her. Then, after the abortion, the mom and daughter both feel bad about "killing what she believes was going to be a beautiful baby girl" and are pro-life again.

How could YOU make a mistake, get pregnant, and have an abortion, and then deny all other women that same right? Only YOU get to get out of pain, shame, and not being able to care for a child?

I admit, I did pity her because she was in a screwed up family and obviously had no sex education or sense of responsibility, but I can't ******** beleive that anyone could be so hypocritical.  

PhaedraMcSpiffy

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:43 am
Lupine Pyrefly
*snicker* They're screwed now. I'd like to see how the church'll cover this up.

"The doctor who would MURDER an innocent child in the uterus of a nun is obviously a murderer and a heretic and will be excommunicated immediately. What? What about the nun and priest? Oh... huuh... they... huuh... THAT DOCTOR IS A MURDERER AND MUST BE EXCOMMUNICATED!"

McSpiffy - I hope that same magazine ALSO features articles from girls who willingly had abortions and were perfectly happy.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:01 am
Don't nuns go through some ceremony in which they "marry" God? That's what I've been told. If that's the case I really hope the church does something about that adultery or AEG gives her some serious karma for (at the very least) breaking her promise.  

Half Baked SF

Talon-chan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:37 am
Toga! Toga!
Don't nuns go through some ceremony in which they "marry" God? That's what I've been told. If that's the case I really hope the church does something about that adultery or AEG gives her some serious karma for (at the very least) breaking her promise.
Only symbolicly. A priest is also "married" to God. It is this idea that in not getting married you can dedicate your entire soul and all your love to God, whereas with a partner that love and dedication would be split. Remaining unmarried is what allows you to dedicate your entire being to God. Since sex is reserved for marriage only, that also means you can't ever have sex.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:56 pm
Talon-chan
Toga! Toga!
Only symbolicly. A priest is also "married" to God. It is this idea that in not getting married you can dedicate your entire soul and all your love to God, whereas with a partner that love and dedication would be split. Remaining unmarried is what allows you to dedicate your entire being to God. Since sex is reserved for marriage only, that also means you can't ever have sex.

Not that it ends up mattering much to some priests. The molestation of little boys is a quite obvious sign of that. On a more legal note, a few priests would (and probably still have) secret famillies.  

RMarques

PhaedraMcSpiffy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:29 pm
Kukushka
McSpiffy - I hope that same magazine ALSO features articles from girls who willingly had abortions and were perfectly happy.

Probably not. I haven't been reading Seventeen for very long, but they're awfully conservative most of the time. They got pulled off the shelves at Albertson's once for showing female anatomy, but other than that, I don't know. They'll answer sex questions with decent answers most of the time, but lately they've been doing a lot of articles on abstinence and why sex is dangerous. It's not entirely bad, but the way they've been doing it lately is getting more and more creepy. More scare tactics.

I think they had an article on the cover called "Are you ready for sex?" once and when I read it, it was nothing but how much girls regretted having sex and all the bad things that can happen.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:00 pm
Talon-chan
Since sex is reserved for marriage only, that also means you can't ever have sex.

Or have sex with God?

Like... masturbate with a crucifix? I mean, technically, she'd be "having sexual relations with her [spiritual] husband."

PhaedraMcSpiffy
I think they had an article on the cover called "Are you ready for sex?" once and when I read it, it was nothing but how much girls regretted having sex and all the bad things that can happen.

There's an "Are you ready for sex?" pamphlet at my doc's office. It just asks questions (like "Do I ever feel like I have to have sex to fit in?" or "Do I ever feel like I am the only person not having sex?" My personal favorite is "if my relationship ends, will I still be happy with my decision to have had sex with this person?").

Err... not sure why I mentioned that.  

Akhakhu

PhaedraMcSpiffy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:00 pm
I just remembered something random from The Oblongs:

Pickles: "Stay away from my man!"
Nun 1: "No, no, not me! I'm married to The Lord!"
Nun 2: "No, I'm married to the lord!
*massive nunfight ensues*

Uh, anyway... yeah. Pro-lifers being hypocrites is bad, and so is one-sided sex-is-evil propaganda.  
Pro-Choice Gaians

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff